BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Mercerman said:

'Coyley will have the dressing room bouncing' - is tongue in cheek.

As far the rest, deadly serious. 

Can you imagine if we played Burnley tomorrow night and then Wigan or Cardiff etc rolled up at Ewood on a Friday night.  We would be like a boxer on the ropes.

This is a huge chance for three points and I am confident we will take them. 

Can you imagine beating Norwich at home, then worrying about Blackburn visiting? The Derby game will be quickly written off should they lose as expected. If they have any sense they will prioritise our game anyway.

Whilst it is a huge chance for three points so is every game of course so i dont understand that comment.

I feel their confidence, committment, desire, energy, will to win and hunger will easily surpass ours, rendering our slightly better quality irrelevant. We will see the difference in effort from our players between Burton away and Utd at home.

Our home form is terrible and we really need something away. Sad when i can only see dropped points visiting the likes of Burton. No disrespect intended to them as it would be a decent story should they stay up.

1-1. They deserved all three.

18 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Agree 100% with this team, hopefully Hoban will be fit, greer's lack of pace is demoralizing. Conway has completely lost it for me, a couple of wonder goals a season doesn't cut it, constantly making wrong decisions and his crossing is worse than feeneys.

I'm not going to say OK to any team with Feeney in it. He's a liability.

37 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Coyle has to start Mahoney and Guthrie from the start. 

Steele

Lowe linehan mulgrew William 

Mahoney Bennett(is he back ?) Guthrie Conway 

Emmes Graham 

We need to build on pressure. Try and get first 2 goals Burton won't score three. 

Anyone is this on tv can't find anything 

No

In February we are already at the stage where we can only avoid relegation if we outperform teams already above us.

We have to rely on other teams being worse than us.

Let that sink in.

To start to save our season we must win at Burton and hope they and Wigan lose tonight.

Draws are Pants.

Coyle has gone in 1 week from saying that we will not be relegated to saying that we have 15 cup finals to play.

He is a plank..but one made of balsawood.

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

Coyle has to start Mahoney and Guthrie from the start. 

Steele

Lowe linehan mulgrew William 

Mahoney Bennett(is he back ?) Guthrie Conway 

Emmes Graham 

We need to build on pressure. Try and get first 2 goals Burton won't score three. 

Anyone is this on tv can't find anything 

No! Mulgrew must play in midfield.

• Backroom

Coyle gone, maybe a draw wouldn't be the end of the world with 14 more to go.

A win massive - a loss would be awful especially if a new man is in then.

Just now, TBTF said:

David Lowe's blue and white army???!!! jesus how far have we fallen , seriously???

Well put it this way we are going into a big game vs Burton bloody Albion. A game that we are underdogs. Not many fans expect us to get more then a point. With a manager they found loitering around brockhall. And a fixture that's been moved to a Friday night because it clashes with a local beer festival. In a nutshell specific to this game alone that's how far we've fallen. 

Massive game; probably our biggest since Bowyer first took charge back in 2013 when we were staring relegation in the face.

Looking at the fixture list, it isn't only this games that's big.   We then have 3 huge home games with Derby, Wigan and Cardiff.   You'd think a minimum aim should be 7 points to really give ourselves a foothold to kick on  - therefore our season could really hinge on 'New Manager Bounce'.   Is Adkins really the man to get the squad onside and get them fighting for the cause?

Whilst 99.99% of Rovers fans are happy to see the back of Coyle, the jubilation I felt yesterday was not the same as when Kean scarpered.

Seemingly positive injury update from the Burton camp:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burton-albion-injury-news-do-brewers-take-risks-on-kightly-and-irvine-for-blackburn-rovers-clash/story-30154973-detail/story.html

We'll be missing Hope (in many aspects) and Bennett again.

COYB!!!! Biggest game of the season. 

I think a win in this game is even more vital now Burton got an excellent point at Derby.

I know how to stay up, we just need 15 clean sheets. Score in at least half the games and we've cracked it.

Let's hope Mowbray can achieve something along those lines.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think a win in this game is even more vital now Burton got an excellent point at Derby.

I know how to stay up, we just need 15 clean sheets. Score in at least half the games and we've cracked it.

Let's hope Mowbray can achieve something along those lines.

5 wins 4 draws out of 14 kept Cov up....similarly points wise it maybe enough to save us

Archived