BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jbizzle said:

You know as well as I, most or perhaps even all are doomed to "fall" under this ownership. Hence usage of that terminology.

The point I am trying to make, is that Mowbray at least deserves the standard amount of time to really implement his style I.E deal with "his problem", that's without even taking the aforementioned variables he has to cope with.

I think a large percentage of our fans even gave this to Coyle, myself included (despite initial outrage). Tony, (imo) has far better credentials for the task at hand, thus a poor result tonight wouldn't necessary be a marker of his chances.

How about what we fans 'deserve'?

We should expect no excuses from the guy who not only applied for the position but was accepted. It's not a charity!

Just now, davulsukur said:

I'll judge him after (his next) 10 posts.

Just a fall guy in the BRFCS ownership vacuum... :)

We deserve a lot better Stuart, an overall summary of "sheer neglect" is putting it lightly for the Rao's. In terms of the match and the managers job in isolation, despite only a short amount of time- I'm encouraged and actually looking forward to sticking the radio on.

Not expectant either. A poor result will not change this. If we are still making the "Coyle" mistakes come the beginning of April, I'd pretty much expect some harsh questioning of the new boss. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

One slightly worrying thing which TM said in his Roversplayer interview was that he watched the Utd game and didn't think he would be tweaking an awful lot. Certainly not too soon.

Slightly understandable given the timescales between his appointment and the Burton game but it does mean in the main, he will largely be leaving things as they are.

He did say that he would be "leaning" on his coaches for guidance on the players at this stage.

Surely if he watched Mahoney he'll start with him. Feeney and Conway were dreadful.

Just now, Al said:

Feeney and Conway were dreadful.

I actually thought they both played well.

It makes you wonder if the players knew about a new manager after Coyle apparently missed training one day last week. If there was anything that let us down on Sunday, it was the tactics (gaping holes and high-line), not the players.

• Backroom

Not sure what Mowbray and be expected to achieve in 3 days in terms of fitness but hopefully he's got them in a better mindset and knowing how their roles contribute to the team

My best guess would be

5-4-1

Steele

Nyambe Greer Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Lowe

Mahoney Guthrie Emnes

Graham

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

My best guess would be

5-4-1

Steele

Nyambe Greer Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Lowe

Mahoney Guthrie Emnes

Graham

Does he normally play a back 5? 

Most important game for 2 or 3 seasons probably.

I think we need to win to generate the momentum to put a string of results together. That said if we can win 7 or win 6 and draw 4 of any of our remaining games we'll probably stay up.

Encouraging Mowbray has been looking at defensive work. That said hope we don't go like Palace under Allardyce and go from scoring plenty and not not winning to being unable to score and not winning.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I'll judge him after (his next) 10 posts.

I'll give him the rest of this season, the whole of next season, the season after that, and at least up until Christmas of the following season.  But no more than that. 

We've got to give him a chance to establish his vision and stamp his mark on proceedings. 

But if it all goes badly wrong then of course I'll deny all knowledge of this post and claim that I always knew he was hopeless 

Just now, broadsword said:

I'll give him the rest of this season, the whole of next season, the season after that, and at least up until Christmas of the following season.  But no more than that. 

We've got to give him a chance to establish his vision and stamp his mark on proceedings. 

But if it all goes badly wrong then of course I'll sent all knowledge of this part and claim that I always knew he was hopeless 

Don't know how to respond to that. Love you too Bryan!

Archived