BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only give TM the benefit of the doubt on this one.

He's not been here long enough to get a proper look at the players and he's basically tried to pick the same team as the last game against Utd.

Injury to Greer has forced a re-shuffle and with Akpan and Bennett suspended, his hands are tied to an extent with centre mid.

He could have started Tomlinson I suppose.

Disappointed he hasn't started Mahoney though. 

See what the result is but I have to admit I'm less confident than I was.

Just now, booth said:

Feels like we've gone backwards already.

Could him being back in midfield be down to the advice of Dunn?Worringly another poster mentioned that Dunn rates Lowe as a midfielder.

We desperately need Hoban back so Mulgrew can play in midfield.

Although I'd rather Mahoney starting ahead of both Feeney and Conway,maybe the plan is to keep things tight for 60 minutes and bring Mahoney on when Burton's legs are tiring.

For me this isn't a must win game but definitely a must not lose game to keep us in touch with Burton

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lowe in midfield ? That's very worrying. I heard when we practise playing with ten men in the event of him being sent off they actually leave him on the pitch.

It's punishment for taking the p*** out of Balaji with that phonecall.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lowe in midfield ? That's very worrying. I heard when we practise playing with ten men in the event of him being sent off they actually leave him on the pitch.

Lowe was excellent against United, most posters glossed over that, and we all know you're only as good as your last game.

Lets not write him off before we've kicked a ball.

Just now, Gav said:

Lowe was excellent against United, most posters glossed over that, and we all know you're only as good as your last game.

Lowe was good against United but at right back,iv never seen him have a good game in midfield

Just now, Gav said:

'You're only as good as your last name'? What a load of @#/? that is!

Just now, islander200 said:

Could him being back in midfield be down to the advice of Dunn?Worringly another poster mentioned that Dunn rates Lowe as a midfielder.

We desperately need Hoban back so Mulgrew can play in midfield.

Although I'd rather Mahoney starting ahead of both Feeney and Conway,maybe the plan is to keep things tight for 60 minutes and bring Mahoney on when Burton's legs are tiring.

For me this isn't a must win game but definitely a must not lose game to keep us in touch with Burton

Burton's legs won't be tiring after 60 minutes, but ours will. 

Agree on the rest and a draw away is a good result in our circumstances. As Norwich proved. I'd settle for 0-0. 

I know we are playing catch up, but thats not Mowbrays fault and theres no need to panic. Our home form will be critical if we are to survive.

Archived