BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We'll be going into this game with Burton as favourites I'm afraid.

Don't be afraid. Burton Albion are clear favourites according to Sky Bet.

Edit: I misread that sentence ^_^

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Do not under estimate the power of the written word even on a MB

Every time I see the word "Coyley" my day is ruined.

Maybe that should be a new word for a bad day/result/bit of luck.

"Mercer put £50 on Rovers winning the FA Cup, he's had a right Coyley there, especially since we've already been knocked out of it."

"Missed the last train home last night, I had a total Coyley."

30 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

As posted earlier, thought we'd even win this one under Coyley (Burton's Tuesday night derby game would take its toll) but even more confident now that we will have a new manager bounce.  You can get great value on a Rovers win with a number of bookies offering 12/5 - almost a licence to print money!

Feeling much more confident about Rovers' prospects now.  Always said we have some very decent players who just needed more pre match preparation re the opponents and some decent organisation and structure.  10 points from our next 4 games, 3 of which are at home, would be no surprise to me.

Is this a parody account?

Just now, broadsword said:

"Mercer put £50 on Rovers winning the FA Cup, he's had a right Coyley there, especially since we've already been knocked out of it."

Mixing threads a bit but maybe Bling is having a Coyley over in Pune after taking a call.

Burton have taken 4 points from last 2 games against Derby and Norwich, great return and a bunch of players firmly behind a manager thats just shown his commitment  to the club having just turned down Forest. 

I can't see us getting anything from the game, even with the new 'manager bounce' that everyone's talking about, and dreaded Friday night football :(

Burton 2 Rovers 1

Obviously would like a win tonight, but getting 4 points from the Burton and Wigan games would not be a total disaster as it would keep us in touch.  

I think we need to win 6 games from the last 15.  Tough ask given our form in the 31 games under Coyle but at least with a new man in charge we now have some hope.

This is a tough one and in no way should Mowbray be judged on this alone. He's walked into a right mess as did Coyle who instantly made it worse so anything above that can be seen as a positive. We need wins but every point counts and i'd like to think after this guy had them a week or two they'll look far more solid, this relegation fight will go to the wire in my opinion and it starts here. Win needed but nothing less than a point minimum. 

Burton 1    Rovers 1

I'd love a win tonight but would take a draw, not much Mowbray could have done in a few days so it is down to motivation for this game. Burton will be up for it make no mistake so it could be close.

Come on rovers make everyone's Friday.

Burton 1 - 2 Rovers

• Backroom
22 hours ago, broadsword said:

Would probably be more apt to replace Coyley with Mercer when it comes to betting disasters. 

22 hours ago, Gav said:

Burton have taken 4 points from last 2 games against Derby and Norwich, great return and a bunch of players firmly behind a manager thats just shown his commitment  to the club having just turned down Forest. 

I can't see us getting anything from the game, even with the new 'manager bounce' that everyone's talking about, and dreaded Friday night football :(

Burton 2 Rovers 1

Agreed. Tough looking fixture all things considered. Would settle for a draw to get Mowbray off unbeaten, but draws playing catch up,;wont get us.us the table.

Burton 2 - Rovers 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're playing well and we aren't. It's much too early for the new guy to have any sort of impact. I'm expecting us to lose by the the normal route we've seen so often this season. 2-1 to Burton with the winner coming in the last quarter of the game. 

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

We'll win tonight Tyrone. New manager, different tactics, different player mindset, poor Burton side, tired Burton side. Everything's in place, absolutely nothing to fear. :)

• Backroom

Not been as nervous about a game for a long while, really need and want Mowbray to be a success and worry that a loss would get some people on his back early.

Take a point now!

Archived