BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, philipl said:

1966, 1971, 1979, 1999, 2012, now this relegation.

To be honest- this one doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the others because Rovers don't feel like "my" club any more.

Don't get me wrong, I have not gone to the dark side but everything I have treasured about the Rovers has been painfully removed or destroyed since October 2010 that there is not much left of Rovers to go down... 

Couldn't disagree more. Right now it hurts the most because it's the most recent. Plus you wonder if the Club will survive at all in any form let alone bounce back straightaway next season.

It's exactly the same Club it's been for for 142 years. It's just under the temporary guardianship of truly terrible owners. At least that's assuming they don't finish us off for good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good to see him speaking sense but If he'd laid off the pounds a bit it would have helped! Hard to be too critical of the players given what goes on above them but they've in the main been dog @#/? all season.

Have to admit that was my first thought too. Easy to say that once the season has ended, Danny, but it wasn't exactly difficult to place the proverbial finger on why you were slow and ineffective in a lot of games.

Just now, DE. said:

Have to admit that was my first thought too. Easy to say that once the season has ended, Danny, but it wasn't exactly difficult to place the proverbial finger on why you were slow and ineffective in a lot of games.

He still got 13 goals. Anger needs to be directed at the right places..

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't disagree more. Right now it hurts the most because it's the most recent. Plus you wonder if the Club will survive at all in any form let alone bounce back straightaway next season.

It's exactly the same Club it's been for for 142 years. It's just under the temporary guardianship of truly terrible owners. At least that's assuming they don't finish us off for good.

Well said, Simon.

Just now, cesus said:

We have dropped to the same league as AFC Wimbledon, formed and started at the bottom rung in the 2003-04 season. Screw you Venkys!!

This is precisely why a new club would be a good idea. A simple message to the owners. Do one now, or that's what we do. It will need solidarity if that's possible, which will be difficult.

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Like I said all clubs have their dingles. Just pretend you're part of the human race eh?

So because I think you're overreacting like some kind of pathetic internet SJW, I'm not part of the human race?  Haha I won't bite.  I've not said anything about wishing people dead, but you're getting worked up over someone's angry words on a messageboard.  You must find yourself constantly triggered in the real world.

Maybe you're the dingle, since you don't seem to care for the staff on the ground at Ewood and Brockhall who have either already had their contracts terminated in recent weeks or will be out of employment in the coming days.  Those people matter, but you're more concerned with the Rao's...

Grow a pair and stop getting upset over the words of someone who is understandably fuming with our situation.  Either that or come off the internet and find yourself a safe space.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He still got 13 goals. Anger needs to be directed at the right places..

For his wage 13 goals is the minimum we should have expected. This is a guy who was playing in the PL not too long ago.

Just now, lraC said:

This is precisely why a new club would be a good idea. A simple message to the owners. Do one now, or that's what we do. It will need solidarity if that's possible, which will be difficult.

Emptying Ewood, selling out away games, including the home ends would be a huge statement.

Just now, lraC said:

A new Club would be the worst idea imaginable. Talk about an act of treachery at our lowest point.

Just now, JohnD said:

Like I said all clubs have their dingles. Just pretend you're part of the human race eh?

People say crazy sh** when they are angry. It's actually called being human. 

Saying crazy sh** and doing crazy sh** are entirely different things.

Having a go at fellow Rovers at this difficult time couldn't be any more Dingle actually, but we all vent in different ways.

Just now, lraC said:

Really?

Yes really. Obviously.

If you're not with us you're against us.

We need to rally round OUR club and either persuade the owners to sell up or at the very least start to run the Club properly whilst they're in situ.

Really don't want to fall out with anyone on a sad day like this.

Yes really. Obviously.

We need to rally round OUR club and either persuade the owners to sell up or at the very least start to run the Club properly whilst they're in situ.

It's not been OUR club for a while matey.

Yes really. Obviously.

So what do you rev intend to do this coming season to facilitate the departure of Venkys?

The lads did everything they could today, but as I thought, all 3 clubs won. The battle was lost a long time ago.

We need to focus now on next season and on having a plan NOW on the playing staff. We are losing all the loan players, plus those out of contract, plus I can see us having to shift the wages of Mulgrew and Graham (although he's our only centre forward).

Obviously I'd love for new owners, but I can't see that happening.

Just now, punerover said:

The only thing I want is the Venkys to say we are leaving if not than the next best thing is we will do whatever Mowbray tells us to do.

You need to be spreading the word in Pune pal

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So what do you rev intend to do this coming season to facilitate the departure of Venkys?

It's not Rev's fault. Blackburn Rovers are Blackburn Rovers, a new club wouldn't be. 

We can't even pull enough people to boycott/ protest, we've not got any chance of running a successful new club.

Archived