BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, broadsword said:

What are we meant to do? 

People have been fighting Venky's for years, it's like fighting smoke. They just do what they want. In fact the more you try to get through to them the more they dig their heels in. 

Which takes back to your assertion that stay-away fans hurt the club. Obviously, the atmosphere and attendance could be better, but it was when we were in the premiership and we still went down. You can't seriously be suggesting that the club can be kept afloat on matchday income when we still have significant liabilities and we owe so much money. A doubling of attendance wouldn't even touch the sides. If you disagree, please show me your working

Don't really want to get into the stay away fan argument today. But it said on Sky today that we get 6m for being in the Championship and 1m for being in Div 1. So please don't insult everyone's intelligence by stating stay away fans don't/wont harm us. 

Obviously if we were still in the Premier League and got a 100m TV money it wouldnt particularly matter  if 10,000 fans stayed away.

That said whilst stay away fans don't help the focus now has to be turned up on Venky's being persuaded to sell up or if that is not possible, to run the Club better while they're here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will all go. Mulgrew far too good for League 1 and knows it plus he will fetch some more money for the scumbags. Anyone with value will be sold and those out of contract will be snapped up elsewhere.

Just now, matt83 said:

Well in my mid 30s I've seen all that with my own eyes. That's a lot more than most fans of most clubs will ever see in a life time. So better to have loved and lost. Sadly any positivity is long long long gone under you know who. 

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6047.JPG

thats stings even more. Yeah we punched above our weight but Rovers was always known for fighting and shocking big clubs we had a never say die spirit Venkys have stripped away everything we was...f**kers

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't really want to get into the stay away fan argument today. But it said on Sky today that we get 6m for being in the Championship and 1m for being in Div 1. So please don't insult everyone's intelligence by stating stay away fans don't/wont harm us. 

Obviously if we were still in the Premier League and got a 100m TV money it wouldnt particularly matter  if 10,000 fans stayed away.

That said whilst stay away fans don't help the focus now has to be turned up on Venky's being persuaded to sell up or if that is not possible, to run the Club better while we're here.

Why are we in League 1? because of the stay away fans?

Just now, matt83 said:

Well in my mid 30s I've seen all that with my own eyes. That's a lot more than most fans of most clubs will ever see in a life time. So better to have loved and lost. Sadly any positivity is long long long gone under you know who. 

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6047.JPG

Those yellow shorts tho

Just now, mustard said:

So why are you talking about miracles as if they could happen?

I get you and blondie are trying to be positive but you're hoping for a terribly unrealistic scenario where every shred of evidence from the last six years points towards it not happening.

We've heard this nonsensical positivity at times of disappointment for the entire Venky tenure.  People were on here talking about bouncing back from the Champ and it never happened and now you're duping yourself into thinking there's even a remote chance of resurgence under Venky's.  Why?

I wouldn't say I'm being positive. I'm more of a mind enough is enough. But without the support of the fans the Club is finished.

People seem to be operating under the assumption Venky's will sell. They haven't thus far and whilst there's no harm in continuing to persuade them to do so, if they still won't, the only alternative is to lobby them to run the Club properly.

Alternative 3 is to wash your hands of it and walk away.

Ah so now if people hadn't have stayed away, we wouldn't have got relegated. 

As I said earlier, we got better attendances in the premiership and still got relegated. 

Venkys incompetence rules everything. 

You seen unwilling to accept that venkys don't listen. How do you "turn up the focus" on venkys selling? People have been trying that for years. It doesn't work. They've been approached with offers. They don't even respond. They have stripped the club like locusts in a field of wheat. But suddenly if they are asked by the fans to sell the club or run it properly, they'd acquiesce? 

If you've been paying attention, you would've seen that they've been running  the club into the ground. They're leaving us to rot. 

So to summarise, instead of just resigning ourselves to our fate, we should ask them to sell and everyone should turn up and cheer the lads on. 

Chances of success - nil

9 minutes ago, blondie said:

If Jack Walker had the negativity, then we would never have had the glories days we have seen.Yes the owners are %$$$£&^%$ but now is the time for us to do all we can to help.You stay on the fence , but now is the time for us to react, we will never rise again until we support the club, without that we are dead. Venkys out does not mean NAPM. 

'now is the time to react'?:huh:

....Where have the 'reacting' voices been all season at Ewood?.This club will die a painful death with our current owners in charge regardless of whether the fans turn up or not.I admire your rallying call Blondie but too little too late.

Me 'Sat on the Fence'?...you haven't been following this MB as much as you should!

Just now, JacknOry said:

They will all go. Mulgrew far too good for League 1 and knows it plus he will fetch some more money for the scumbags. Anyone with value will be sold and those out of contract will be snapped up elsewhere.

I'm not so sure. If last time we were relegated is any indication, the problem will be to get rid of overpaid and undermotivated players rather than fighting off suitors for our best ones. 

Just now, broadsword said:

Ah so now if people hadn't have stayed away, we wouldn't have got relegated. 

As I said earlier, we got better attendances in the premiership and still got relegated. 

Venkys incompetence rules everything. 

You seen unwilling to accept that venkys don't listen. How do you "turn up the focus" on venkys selling? People have been trying that for years. It doesn't work. They've been approached with offers. They don't even respond. They have stripped the club like locusts in a field of wheat. But suddenly if they are asked by the fans to sell the club or run it properly, they'd acquiesce? 

If you've been paying attention, you would've seen that they've been running  the club into the ground. They're leaving us to rot. 

So to summarise, instead of just resigning ourselves to our fate, we should ask them to sell and everyone should turn up and cheer the lads on. 

Chances of success - nil

Let's just give up then.  Bryan, The negativity really isn't apt or necessary on today of all days.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Why are we in League 1? because of the stay away fans?

Those yellow shorts tho

We had played in all yellow. The players changed their shirts at the end of the game.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

'now is the time to react'?:huh:

....Where have the 'reacting' voices been all season at Ewood?.This club will die a painful death with our current owners in charge regardless of whether the fans turn up or not.I admire your rallying call Blondie but too little too late.

Me 'Sat on the Fence'?...you haven't been following this MB as much as you should!

Reading the m/b 24/7 doesn't replace lost revenue for the Club!

Just now, preston blue said:

They were badly advised.  I feel sorry for the Venkys.

Without their money still propping up the Club then Rovers would be dead.

We should prostrate ourselves to the V's and hope our masters put in a few more rupees.

You know what they say about sarcasm...... 

They probably were badly advised but that does not excuse their incompetence in any way.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Dunn to be our manager next season then 

If that happens we'll be a good bet to go down again. If Mowbray does go  ( and I hope he stays ) my choice would be Keith Hill at Rochdale. We've finally worked our way down to his level. No guarantee he'd come though, he's on easy street at Rochdale.

The very best that Venkys can do, is put us a league below where we were, when they turned up, in 1 years time. That is unrealistic and as we will all see in the next few days, we will lose Mowbray first, followed by any other player with a value. My prediction is, that next season we will kick off, without at least 8 of the players, who started today. The line up will not be one capable of promotion, more likely to be fighting another relegation battle. All the signs point to that.

I can't see any way back under them now and we must all stick together and find some way of getting rid of them.

I went to the game today thanks to Jimmy and I will say thank you to him once more. Relegation always hurts but under these circumstances it only makes it worst. I will be honest this one hurts a lot less than the Premier League (probably as Steve Kean is long gone). I understand how the Wimbledon fans felt as they were up against everyone and never were suppose to be where they are under AFC Wimbledon. I feel sorry for our fans I really do. Being half French/UK living down South I got embraced by a few lads with every goal we got today, all very welcoming. Our away support is such a credit to the club, the flairs today at the ground were a bit silly and will only backfire against us as we are generally well behaved fans. 

For me in the future we need action on several fronts. I have been saying for years that the fans base needs to be united under one banner. Whether you are a stay away, a protester, or someone who turns up every week we all want the same thing and we need someone to communicate in a way and form that everyone can get behind. For me the stay away protest has not work in the sense that Venky's still haven't reacted to that and I understand the perception of individuals as to not wanting to put their money into their pockets. The biggest opportunity is for Rovers Trust to create a fund just like AFC Wimbledon did across several years. Use that fund to create a safeguard for Rovers. If I remember AFC actually raised hundred of thousand hell even millions through that system. 

Not only that we need to re-apply the pressure on all football fronts to make everyone aware of the situation we need to fight not in clusters but we need someone to give direction to our anger and hatred to use that energy for a positive outcome. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

SIf that happens we'll be a good bet to go down again. If Mowbray does go  ( and I hope he stays ) my choice would be Keith Hill at Rochdale. We've finally worked our way down to his level. No guarantee he'd come though, he's on easy street at Rochdale.

Funnily enough, last week there were rumour of Keith Hill being manager here. I heard from someone close to Rochdale, but thought it was ridiculous considering we had a last relegation battle still to come. 

Archived