BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, lraC said:

Hopefully not, but I have a feeling this lot would stop at nothing and there has to be a breaking point. Hopefully the relegation today is, but I fear it isn't

God knows why they're still here but thy are. The road to redemption is as straightforward as it's always been. We need to have a decent manager at the helm and give him enough funding to make him competitive.

I could throw my support behind that campaign a lot easier than simply marching around with a placard screaming Venky's out with no idea whatsoever if we survive thereafter.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BrizzleBoy said:

Well 

What can I say except - Apologies , and commiserations to the Rovers faithful

We weren't on the beach but didn't fancy some of the challenges that were flying about and the most one sided refereeing performance I've seen in a long long time

Birmingham must have wasted about 75 mins of the game and if Lee Mason isn't in Redknapps pocket after the worst refereeing performance I've seen in many many years,  I don't know anymore

They must have wasted literally 20-30 mins of game time and Mason was embarrassingly pathetic

Sorry all - really fancied us today and we never looked in sync at all

You will be back better and stronger 

Sadly though, we won't. 

We will be fighting relegation to league 2 next season. No joke.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

God knows why they're still here but thy are. The road to redemption is as straightforward as it's always been. We need to have a decent manager at the helm and give him enough funding to make him competitive.

I could throw my support behind that campaign a lot easier than simply marching around with a placard screaming Venky's out with no idea whatsoever if we survive thereafter.

Fair point, but I can't see for the life of me, that we are going to get that. I think it will be a struggle to keep TM now and I fear further cutbacks and another struggle next year, in a lower tier. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see it any other way.

Just now, blondie said:

Absolutely gutted, we have been shafted by Venky's , Anderson, Coyle, un-named agents feeding off our carcass. Have watched the rise and fall of Rovers for nearly 60 years.My reaction to today is I will demonstrate how this  club will rise. I will go to Ewood tomorrow and renew my season ticket. By God that's  what Jack Walker  would have done. No more negativity, We are Rovers.

+ 1000.

"We'll never be mastered by those Venky's ********. We'll keep the blue flag flying high."

I think you might need help.

Seriously.

So a decent manager and a bit of funding and all is forgotten?

Right...

That familiar feeling of nervousness and rising dread suddenly replaced by emptiness and apathy...

Satisfied now, Venkys? When is it going to be enough?

We did what we could today, but it turns out most of us underestimated the disinterest of teams with nothing to play for. In hindsight, it seems naive that either Ipswich or Bristol would lift a finger to help. 

Decent owners - doesnt matter if we have Sir Redface at the helm.

We have been relegated to League 1 and there are STILL some out there that think our problems are limited to the football side of things. Get a good manager and throw some money at it? Neither will happen under this ownership - this has been proven over the years many times over. 

The way things are going we will not have a club to support within a few years (if that)...

Obviously Id prefer they went. If they wont, whats your solution?

My solution? I'll start with not pretending Venkys are going to do anything, let alone invest.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How can this club even survive let alone rise with the Raos in charge?...the future is bleak Blondie,people need to face the awful truth head on.The situation this club faces is so much different from those faced in your '60 years a supporter' lifetime and mine....we have owners who don't give a toss.

There is nothing but negativity with these Pune clowns at the helm....put a brave front on all you want Dave if it helps dull the pain but reality bites hard.

If Jack Walker had the negativity, then we would never have had the glories days we have seen.Yes the owners are %$$$£&^%$ but now is the time for us to do all we can to help.You stay on the fence , but now is the time for us to react, we will never rise again until we support the club, without that we are dead. Venkys out does not mean NAPM. 

Just now, mustard said:

So a decent manager and a bit of funding and all is forgotten?

Right...

No. But its the way to start to improve and hypothetically if we started to do better and eventually got Back to the situation they found us in I couldn't give a flying one they would still be the owners frankly.

Ok It's not going to happen barring a miracle. But again if they won't leave what is the alternative.

For all those wondering where Chaddy is, he's hacked RevidgeBlue's account

Just now, blondie said:

If Jack Walker had the negativity, then we would never have had the glories days we have seen.Yes the owners are %$$$£&^%$ but now is the time for us to do all we can to help.You stay on the fence , but now is the time for us to react, we will never rise again until we support the club, without that we are dead. Venkys out does not mean NAPM. 

The voice of reason. Where have you been all these months?

If they stay, there is none. There's nothing the fans can do, either.

It's all down to them going, everything else is displacement activity. 

If they won't ever go, we're shafted

Just now, broadsword said:

If they stay, there is none. There's nothing the fans can do, either.

It's all down to them going, everything else is displacement activity. 

If they won't ever go, we're shafted

Well, we are if everyone rolls over and dies and takes that attitude.

Just now, blondie said:

There was a reason he didn't. He cared about the club.

That one phrase alone makes it sound like you think Venkys didn't stand a chance with us negative Rovers fans. Is that really stay you thlnk?

Or do you think that Rovers fans rallying behind the team in League One will make the blindest big of difference while Venkys are here?

Something needs to change with the ownership before Rovers fans' support will mean anything.

The happily take it up the sheister attitude should be used instead? 

Okay, so the solution to our problems is to support the team? Give money to the reason why we are where we are? Thank them for not investing? 

People are very emotional right now and I cannot put you down as anything other than a WUM that is now trying to take advantage of that.

11 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Thanks for your commiserations.

According to BBC 5Live he blew his final whistle a full minute early too.......... Arry time.

He did - Your fans would have lynched the ****** if you'd been there 

Sorry - that probably makes it all worse :(

What are we meant to do? 

People have been fighting Venky's for years, it's like fighting smoke. They just do what they want. In fact the more you try to get through to them the more they dig their heels in. 

Which takes back to your assertion that stay-away fans hurt the club. Obviously, the atmosphere and attendance could be better, but it was when we were in the premiership and we still went down. You can't seriously be suggesting that the club can be kept afloat on matchday income when we still have significant liabilities and we owe so much money. A doubling of attendance wouldn't even touch the sides. If you disagree, please show me your working

No. But its the way to start to improve and hypothetically if we started to do better and eventually got Back to the situation they found us in I couldn't give a flying one they would still be the owners frankly.

Ok It's not going to happen barring a miracle. But again if they won't leave what is the alternative.

So why are you talking about miracles as if they could happen?

I get you and blondie are trying to be positive but you're hoping for a terribly unrealistic scenario where every shred of evidence from the last six years points towards it not happening.

We've heard this nonsensical positivity at times of disappointment for the entire Venky tenure.  People were on here talking about bouncing back from the Champ and it never happened and now you're duping yourself into thinking there's even a remote chance of resurgence under Venky's.  Why?

Well in my mid 30s I've seen all that with my own eyes. That's a lot more than most fans of most clubs will ever see in a life time. So better to have loved and lost. Sadly any positivity is long long long gone under you know who. 

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6047.JPG

Archived