BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, philipl said:

Sheffield United went up yesterday after SIX seasons in the Third Division.

I think we will be lucky not to follow Blackpool (quickly) or Coventry (slowly) into the Fourth.

Incidentally a Lancashire club reversed a 0-2 half time to produce a 3-2 win yesterday afternoon. Accy Stanley kept their slim hopes of a play-off place alive and with it an East Lancashire derby for the first time in over 120 years???

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Paul said:

Good, I hope you enjoy doing it. Fans such as you continue to be partly responsible for the divisions between supporters. 

When you learn continually insulting supporters achieves nothing it will be a small step forward.

And it's fans like Rev and countless others who are equally responsible in mine and thousands of others opinion too Paul... Venkys are the root cause but yet many of the supporters still refuse to stand against them... That's why i speak the way I do.

FYI, i'm not trying to 'achieve' anything and I wouldn't expect me to 'learn' anytime soon... In fact... I'd expect it to get much worse. If you think thats 'insulting' then christ... Its going to be interesting when we get relegated and people try to peddle me the same old @#/?. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

you wont get "snot and blood" from loanees and out of contracts with no association to the club. 

Thats why you can't build a side on loanees.. It's coming to the end of their loan periods it doesn't matter to them if Rovers stay up or go down 

This is what venkys and Co have done to the club 

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He was being rewarded for a relegation. Plain and simple so please do not bend the truth.

Payments were specified by league therefore particular to being in said league.

The fact they were similar does not negate the FACT that bonuses were due if relegated.

The bonuses were given regardless of division, that is not the same thing as getting a bonus for being relegated. You are trying to say it was in his best intentions to relegate us, that was not the case. 

This was discussed recently on here and someone even produced the text from his contract. The bonuses were less for being in the championship. 

So why are you still making it into something else? 

You don't need to exaggerate how bad he was. The reality was bad enough. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The bonuses were given regardless of division, that is not the same thing as getting a bonus for being relegated. You are trying to say it was in his best intentions to relegate us, that was not the case. 

This was discussed recently on here and someone even produced the text from his contract. The bonuses were less for being in the championship. 

So why are you still making it into something else? 

You don't need to exaggerate how bad he was. The reality was bad enough. 

I have a copy of the relevant paperwork that was made avaiable. I have read it. We differ on interpretation and I was reponding to your post/ view with which I differed...and still do.

I am not inventing or exaggerating but merely responding to a post that imo is incorrect.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I have a copy of the relevant paperwork that was made avaiable. I have read it. We differ on interpretation and I was reponding to your post/ view with which I differed...and still do.

I am not inventing or exaggerating but merely responding to a post that imo is incorrect.

Are you saying it was in Keans best interests financially to relegate us? Yes or no. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

It's a poor do when fans are getting more upset with each other than they are with Venky's. Focus your ire, despair, frustration, rage and thoughts on them, not your fellow supporters.

Well said K-Hod,I stand up and applaud your post.

There is only ONE enemy this Club faces...it's disgraceful,not fit for purpose so-called owners.

UNITE AND FIGHT!

I did. Hence why I don't understand where you are coming to your conclusion from. 

Why would a bonus of £500,000 from 2012 onwards for promotion be in a contract unless he wasn't be rewarded for failure?

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Why would a bonus of £500,000 from 2012 onwards for promotion be in a contract unless he wasn't be rewarded for failure?

It still equated to less of a bonus for him than had he kept us in the Premiership. He made less money from us being relegated than he would have made had he kept us up. The facts are as simple as that. 

It still equated to less of a bonus for him than had he kept us in the Premiership. He made less money from us being relegated than he would have made had he kept us up. The facts are as simple as that. 

Half way through this discussion you brought up the PL bonus and values as a deflection from the fact of the bonus following relegation.

Fact is he got a bonus based on being relegated. End of.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Half way through this discussion you brought up the PL bonus and values as a deflection from the fact of the bonus following relegation.

Fact is he got a bonus based on being relegated. End of.

No , I brought up the facts. Something you seem incapable of acknowledging and recognising. 

He did not get a bonus based on being relegated. End of. 

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yesterday confirmed why not renewing is the right decision for me and my Dad. Talking to another set of fans on the way out, they told us it was 'fans like you' who are hurting the club by not supporting it.

They never seem to grasp that we've been supporting the club through this nightmare both by attending AND assisting the protest effort.

Fans like that are just as bad as Paul claims Neal is. It is on both sides of the argument, and causes more division. Paul, you're wrong. I'm wrong too. No fan is the cause of ANY division. Such actions are the symptoms of Venky's ownership.

Attending just hurts at the moment, so we're going to choose 5/6 games and go to those, while helping the protest effort however we can.

Whether you go or don't or protest or don't, respect your fellow fans and wish them well. That's all we can do, while doing what we believe is right.

I have absolutely no problem with the last paragraph of your post. Unfortunately people like Neal are completely unable to respect other people's opinions and decisions. 

Incidentally you got very upset with me a while back for saying that protesters (not you in particular) labelled people who still attend school mentally subnormal in some way. You vehemently denied this then you get Neal saying stuff like "You can't teach stupid"  "There's some right keaners at Ewood these days" and that he wouldn't want to sit with people who still go anyway. Something you also previously said about people who  snubbed your protest efforts outside the ground.

It's about time that decent committed fans like chaddy and Parson stopped taking all this crap merely for the heinous crime of continuing to support the Club. Dunnfc 's hounding of chaddy yesterday about getting involved in the protests was a perfect case in point. If chaddy wants to get involved and go along to meetings in the Pub, good luck to him. If he doesn't, that's his decision and nothing to do with Dunn fc or anyone else.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I have absolutely no problem with the last paragraph of your post. Unfortunately people like Neal are completely unable to respect other people's opinions and decisions. 

Incidentally you got very upset with me a while back for saying that protesters (not you in particular) labelled people who still attend school mentally subnormal in some way. You vehemently denied this then you get Neal saying stuff like "You can't teach stupid"  "There's some right keaners at Ewood these days" and that he wouldn't want to sit with people who still go anyway. Something you also previously said about people who  snubbed your protest efforts outside the ground.

It's about time that decent committed fans like chaddy and Parson stopped taking all this crap merely for the heinous crime of continuing to support the Club. Dunnfc 's hounding of chaddy yesterday about getting involved in the protests was a perfect case in point. If chaddy wants to get involved and go along to meetings in the Pub, good luck to him. If he doesn't, that's his decision and nothing to do with Dunn fc or anyone else.

There's a few on here REV which have talked about getting behind the boys and ridiculed anyone doing something productive concerning the club whilst not attending. Supporting the club? Chaddy and co are meerley spectating 90 minutes of football per week. Over seven years almost they've sat still and allowed this to happen with there club and done nothing, not even a flinch of anger, or protest or engagement with fan groups/trusts whom work continually behind the scenes on various projects to help the clubs issues, to repair issues. 

Now throughout the course of this season Ewood has been dead so as highlighted yesterday just where and how are these supporters getting behind the lads? Enough denouncing of others but yesterday was a big F**k Y** to every supporter of Rovers boycotters, stayaways, stayers ... It's excatly the same thing happening what people like Mark Fish and Glen Mullan said would happen years ago. 

When i heard last week that Mowbray and Senior told supporters they could finish up in the play offs next year with a few tweeks, i almost coughed a lung up. 

Not allot have learnt much in seven years. Should be rioting and would be at any other club.

• Backroom

I generally agree that civility is the way forward, but I do also think there's a time when home truths need to be told.

I think some fans who attend (which I genuinely have no issue with) do use the likes of Neal's coarse language as an excuse to do nothing, when they've no intention of doing anything anyway.

I also think Neal is right to say what he thinks, how he feels fit. Protesters don't need to sound like MPs, equally fans shouldn't need their hands holding over some words on a webpage. Fans need to be the real, principled men and women they claim to be and not the prissy offended millennials that most people have become.

I think fans who disagree with Venky's ownership but do nothing about it (not even holding up a piece of red card for a total of 2 minutes) are completely hypocritical at best. But nonetheless, I'd just let them get on with it.

Just now, Mike E said:

I generally agree that civility is the way forward, but I do also think there's a time when home truths need to be told.

I think some fans who attend (which I genuinely have no issue with) do use the likes of Neal's coarse language as an excuse to do nothing, when they've no intention of doing anything anyway.

I also think Neal is right to say what he thinks, how he feels fit. Protesters don't need to sound like MPs, equally fans shouldn't need their hands holding over some words on a webpage. Fans need to be the real, principled men and women they claim to be and not the prissy offended millennials that most people have become.

I think fans who disagree with Venky's ownership but do nothing about it (not even holding up a piece of red card for a total of 2 minutes) are completely hypocritical at best. But nonetheless, I'd just let them get on with it.

Good Point, people critisised like Mark Fish, Glen, Paul Keogh, Wayne Wild, all sorts even myself who speak to MP's opening those doors and assisting, if we had these "Writers" or supporters able to pen things coming forwards even if just to grammar check certain things then surely it's going half way to being united and more supporters getting behind the club etc.

To date though none do but they sit there are critique. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

There's a few on here REV which have talked about getting behind the boys and ridiculed anyone doing something productive concerning the club whilst not attending. Supporting the club? Chaddy and co are meerley spectating 90 minutes of football per week. Over seven years almost they've sat still and allowed this to happen with there club and done nothing, not even a flinch of anger, or protest or engagement with fan groups/trusts whom work continually behind the scenes on various projects to help the clubs issues, to repair issues. 

Now throughout the course of this season Ewood has been dead so as highlighted yesterday just where and how are these supporters getting behind the lads? Enough denouncing of others but yesterday was a big F**k Y** to every supporter of Rovers boycotters, stayaways, stayers ... It's excatly the same thing happening what people like Mark Fish and Glen Mullan said would happen years ago. 

I find it very strange that you choose to take the attendance of people at the match as a personal affront. Some people feel it's necessary to boycott to try and drive Venkys out sooner. I can't speak for other people's reasons for attending but I feel that a core of fans need to continue to attend if the Club is to survive. It's nothing whatsoever to do with thumbing a v sign at the protesters.  Many in attendance probably protest as well or at least appreciate the efforts and good intentions of the protesters. 

As for the atmosphere inside yesterday again I can only speak for myself but I was completely numbed by the events of the first ten minutes and the unfolding events elsewhere which consigned us to our likely fate. I couldn't bring myself to "get behind the boys" with as much gusts as normal let alone protest. After the game I can empathise with how Paul felt, I've never felt so flat in all the time Venky's have been here.

If relegation is mathematically confirmed before one of the final home games I'd expect the atmosphere to be completely different and there to be a lot of anger. And rightly so.

I find it very strange that you choose to take the attendance of people at the match as a personal affront. Some people feel it's necessary to boycott to try and drive Venkys out sooner. I can't speak for other people's reasons for attending but I feel that a core of fans need to continue to attend if the Club is to survive. It's nothing whatsoever to do with thumbing a v sign at the protesters.  Many in attendance probably protest as well or at least appreciate the efforts and good intentions of the protesters. 

As for the atmosphere inside yesterday again I can only speak for myself but I was completely numbed by the events of the first ten minutes and the unfolding events elsewhere which consigned us to our likely fate. I couldn't bring myself to "get behind the boys" with as much gusts as normal let alone protest. After the game I can empathise with how Paul felt, I've never felt so flat in all the time Venky's have been here.

If relegation is mathematically confirmed before one of the final home games I'd expect the atmosphere to be completely different and there to be a lot of anger. And rightly so.

Good Post to be fair and this is what symbolizes seven years of this incompetent mob.

Maybe we need a thread for planned action on the final home game Rev? although i suspect it will take it's course and be very much like the Wigan game in 2011 season.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Maybe we need a thread for planned action on the final home game Rev? although i suspect it will take it's course and be very much like the Wigan game in 2011 season.

It'll be nothing like the Wigan game because I won't be going :P

But in all seriousness the level of anger towards the club in general has subsided, Mowbrays appointment put paid to that. 

It'll be like an other game in my opinion and we'll be down without hardly a descent voice.  

Whilst Neals post was a little over the top and aimed at the wrong person/people I feel much of his frustration. 

The only thing I am looking forward to in League One is seeing a few academy players coming through being given a chance and actually having the opportunity for the first time in 7 years to build a team. What I mean by that is actually having the same players involved across more than a 12 month period. I mean jesus our squad has been changed so drastically year on year I blame that more than anything. 

Just now, roverstdt said:

The only thing I am looking forward to in League One is seeing a few academy players coming through being given a chance and actually having the opportunity for the first time in 7 years to build a team. What I mean by that is actually having the same players involved across more than a 12 month period. I mean jesus our squad has been changed so drastically year on year I blame that more than anything. 

Most of the under 21s will be ready for this challenge next year. Doyle, Tomlinson, Hardcastle, Wharton, Rankin-Costello, Raya to name a few 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Bullseye. Many fans do not want to get involved beyond watching the football yet they try to save face by seeking out the odd person on the extreme as "that's the reason I won't protest". No it isn't, it's because you can't be bothered or you feel some misplaced sense of nobility. That's it.

Archived