BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Jbizzle said:

Khod, are you suggesting that walking/boycotts are the sign of a realisation point? We both know that's not true, I know as much about what's gone on than you do but I have no intention of withdrawing support of the team!

Not at all, I was just curious what people's tipping point is, tbh. Things aren't going to get better, history tells us so.

I merely meant going to the games and pretending everything is all good as though this is like any period in our history and are just having a bad run...

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AlFowler said:

Apologies if my post came across that I was criticising fellow Rovers fans. That's the last thing I wanted.

I'm all about being positive, so just wanted to try and put a different view on things. I'm a huge fan of supporting the academy for the future, so want people to focus on that, to get some good feelings back. 

You are doing the right thing. Get behind the reserves and academy lads. Not only are they our future, soon they'll be our only hope.

Don't take offence at the lack of positivity. It's an emotionally battle-hardened environment on here. Lots of totally cheesed off people and barring a couple, the only thing we are positive about - is that things will only ever improve with moralistic owners.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I said nothing about categories of importance, I suggested that many people are making light of the decisions of those not attending, when in reality it's been a heartbreaking decision (for me anyway). 

All us fans need to unite now and rise up against Venky's. Think about it, how many clubs have actually folded when owners have left them in the dung? I just wonder what it will take for a lot of people to just blindly carry on going to the games and pretending that everything is alright. (Not a swipe at those attending, just merely wondering what their tipping point is). How much in debt do we have to be? What division do we have to be in for people to stand up and say enough is enough? 

Serious question. How do you rise up against something that isn't there and doesn't care? 

I'm no revolutionary, and I abhor violence, but I don't think a peaceful sit-in ever hurt anyone. I'm sure the people on the Board would be grateful of the company;)

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Paul, you are dissembling. What you said originally is there in black and white and bears little resemblance to what you are claiming now.

You said you have virtually stopped reading the football section and you put the sole blame for what you obviously feel is a degeneration of the MB on insults from boycotters and protestors "insulting the rest of us". 

If you want respect at least be honest. Disappointed, I thought you were better than that.

It's been happening for months Rev

Others opinions are insult whilst St Paul meerly offers a 'point of view.

As for the academ, whilst the club descends into the abyss the academys future survival is very bleak

12 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It's been happening for months Rev

Others opinions are insult whilst St Paul meerly offers a 'point of view.

As for the academ, whilst the club descends into the abyss the academys future survival is very bleak

True.

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Not at all, I was just curious what people's tipping point is, tbh. Things aren't going to get better, history tells us so.

I merely meant going to the games and pretending everything is all good as though this is like any period in our history and are just having a bad run...

Everyone's breaking point is slightly different but I sincerely hope a decent enough chunk of fans don't have one. No fans = no Club imo.

As for the fans uniting it seems a sad fact of life that this will never happen unless and until things improve on the pitch. When people bemoan the lack of  fans uniting they usually mean they want everyone to agree with them and boycott. Whether it's right or wrong to continue to attend or boycott is open to debate but the problem is whilst its nothing whatsoever to do with anyone whether the next person, attends/doesn't attend/protests/doesn't protest or any combination thereof, many people seem unable to accept that and can't respect anyone else's opinion.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Everyone's breaking point is slightly different but I sincerely hope a decent enough chunk of fans don't have one. No fans = no Club imo.

As for the fans uniting it seems a sad fact of life that this will never happen unless and until things improve on the pitch. When people bemoan the lack of  fans uniting they usually mean they want everyone to agree with them and boycott. Whether it's right or wrong to continue to attend or boycott is open to debate but the problem is whilst its nothing whatsoever to do with anyone whether the next person, attends/doesn't attend/protests/doesn't protest or any combination thereof, many people seem unable to accept that and can't respect anyone else's opinion.

My gut instinct from the meetings is that  'protesters' want fans who want #VenkysOut (regardless of their matchday habits) to prove it in some way instead of being 'offended' by a swear word on the internet.

Proof could be something as simple as £5 to the fighting fund or contributing a single idea. Even if unrealistic, there could be someone who hasn't thought of it themselves, but to whom it IS realistic.

Eg: Dunnfc's attempt in getting shares and access to Venky's own AGM. That's the stuff of dreams for many, but to him it's a genuine possibility he is trying for.

Personally, I don't understand how any Rovers fan can justify not protesting against Venky's in some small way.

In nearly 7 years:

-They have multiplied club debt 5-fold despite many 10's of £millions in transfer fees coming in.

-They have all but sentenced us to at least another season in the 3rd tier.

-They have reduced attendances by anywhere from 3/5s (25k to 10k) to 3/4s (28k to 7k), depending on your source.

-They have employed more managers (9) than the number of years (7) they've been here, including 5 in one season. Unprecedented in our history as far as I can tell.

-They have turned of of Football's most respected, stable, efficient, effective board of directors into a stifled-at-best, incomptent-at-worst merry-go-round.

-They have mortgaged future ST sales with a high interest rate, meaning they EXPECT fans to keep paying them (ever-increasing fees) for their gross mismanagement over their tenure. A move famously attempted by the club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers, saved only by their gigantic fanbase and @#/?-poor standard of opponents.

-They have used memories made by those here before they ruined us to sell STs, in an attempt to whitewash their incompetence in the minds of the 'diehards'.

-They have (more personally) reduced my now terminally ill father to giving up on a club he has over his life put before his own health, lost friends arguing with (Cup Final ticket mess), infuriated bosses and family by putting the club first.

-Many other more nuanced reasons that it's too late for me to go over.

Yet a even a meek mumble of #VenkysOut is too much for some folk. I believe all fans have a breaking point, but for some the club will cease to exist before they get there.

'Fair comment. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope the decline in the Club's fortunes hasn't directly contributed to your Dad's situation although I expect it won't have helped his spirits any over the last few years. I hope he can find solace in the fact we had the Jack Walker years. Personally I'd much rather have had the unbelievable highs and current lows than to have trundled on without ever achieving anything or getting into the top flight.

I do think a 2nd successive relegation would be a game changer. I appreciate this will probably bring many smart arse comments along the lines of 'I saw this coming 6 years ago" but there you are.

In the Championship you're only a decent managerial appointment and a half decent season away from salvation.

Unfortunately I can't see much immediate hope of improvement unless either

A) The owners can be persuaded to invest enough in the Club to give us a fighting chance (It seems to me they washed their hands of us and pulled the plug after we played ourselves out of any possible potential under Lambert)

Or

B  )Suitable alternative owners can be found or come forward who make an offer acceptable to Venky's.

Are there any groups or inviduals out there actively engaged in trying to locate and/or attract suitable alternative owners? I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking but that's the quickest way forward I would have thought.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

And that's why you are ignoring my posts Paul? Or is it that you have been caught out telling absolute porkies? Poor do.

'I'm currently having an argument with Paul over there'

Don't forget to update your pals on the other site when you're done.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are there any groups or inviduals out there actively engaged in trying to locate and/or attract suitable alternative owners? I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking but that's the quickest way forward I would have thought.

Why would anyone start lining up potential owners when Venkys won't talk, let alone sell?

And do you think there is a buyer in the world who would pay them an above market value price for the club? I don't.

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

'I'm currently having an argument with Paul over there'

Don't forget to update your pals on the other site when you're done.:rolleyes:

He doesn't need to, some are on both sites.

The bitterness lingers on. Chill out, don't reply to things you don't need to....

5 minutes ago, dave birch said:

He doesn't need to, some are on both sites.

The bitterness lingers on. Chill out, don't reply to things you don't need to....

Pity you replied to this one Dave because it seems to have vanished! And I wouldn't have seen it. Not popular over there our Paul , he was the subject of discussion so I joined in!  First time I've ever had an issue with him tbf. Don't see that as a problem personally.

Certainly not in the same category as coming on here pretending to feel sorry for some poor old man who's been cyber-bullied by (gasp) "protesters"! And denying he's the poor old man in question! That thread stayed up for about 10 minutes too!

As I said  at the time its all about him!

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Pity you replied to this one Dave because it seems to have vanished! And I wouldn't have seen it. Not popular over there our Paul , he was the subject of discussion so I joined in!  First time I've ever had an issue with him tbf. Don't see that as a problem personally.

Certainly not in the same category as coming on here pretending to feel sorry for some poor old man who's been cyber-bullied by (gasp) "protesters"! And denying he's the poor old man in question! That thread stayed up for about 10 minutes too!

As I said  at the time its all about him!

Why not stick to insulting posters on a separate site so the rest of us don't have to put up with more of this crap.

21 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Just been in for my software upgrade. Feel much better now !!!!

Happy Clappy, Faster and looking forward to 4 wins on the bounce, some good summer signings and promotion to the PL next season.

Don't think we will manage Champions but second place is a dead cert.

You lot are all just deluded and affecting the team with your constant venky this venky that bullsheet

Get down Ewood today and buy tickets for the next two games. Support the lads. WE ARE STAYING UP !!!

Venkys have made some minor errors of judgement but its in the past now. Forgive & forget. COYB !!!!

:rover:

The sarcasm is just annoying, for me at least not funny. Wash it in with a bit of the "support the lads" so that it paints anyone with an urge still to support with the same brush of "forgive and forget". I can imagine the stick I'd get for doing something similar but slagging off anyone who's view doesn't tally with my own.

At least J*B does some funny sarcasm, this is just painful.

27 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Happy Clappy, Faster and looking forward to 4 wins on the bounce, some good summer signings and promotion to the PL next season.

You lot are all just deluded and affecting the team with your constant venky this venky that bullsheet

Get down Ewood today and buy tickets for the next two games. Support the lads. WE ARE STAYING UP !!!

Venkys have made some minor errors of judgement but its in the past now. Forgive & forget. COYB !!!!

I know I should not admit it but it made me laugh.

Delighted the therapy is working, just shows what an upgrade can do.;)

when the players still don't know how to pick up the opposition players, and how to close down players. Lets be clear, not one single manager has managed to get that sorted. Basically, the players are useless that we have, simple as that. The only manager to get us to bit at the opposition was Sparky, and when we closed them down, we bloody shut the door on them

• Backroom
7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

'Fair comment. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope the decline in the Club's fortunes hasn't directly contributed to your Dad's situation although I expect it won't have helped his spirits any over the last few years. I hope he can find solace in the fact we had the Jack Walker years. Personally I'd much rather have had the unbelievable highs and current lows than to have trundled on without ever achieving anything or getting into the top flight.

I do think a 2nd successive relegation would be a game changer. I appreciate this will probably bring many smart arse comments along the lines of 'I saw this coming 6 years ago" but there you are.

In the Championship you're only a decent managerial appointment and a half decent season away from salvation.

Unfortunately I can't see much immediate hope of improvement unless either

A) The owners can be persuaded to invest enough in the Club to give us a fighting chance (It seems to me they washed their hands of us and pulled the plug after we played ourselves out of any possible potential under Lambert)

Or

B  )Suitable alternative owners can be found or come forward who make an offer acceptable to Venky's.

Thanks for the concern :) no it hasn't contributed directly. But his spirit came very close to breaking down recently re: The club.

Despite wanting to boycott I kept going with him. Now that he wants to boycott I'm still going to force him to a couple of games. Venky's might've sapped it all from me and him bit I won't let them fully force my dad away.

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Think I know whats happened here 

" Paul can I ask what actual role you had at Sheff.....""

"Look at the teeth  , not around the teeth ,  directly at the teeth , when you awake it will be the 17th of November 2010 and you will get behind the lads FFS, you will have no recollection of events post that date ,  you also feel the need to  buy a timeshare in Syria from me, 321 back in the scam room"

1 hour ago, Jbizzle said:

Why not stick to insulting posters on a separate site so the rest of us don't have to put up with more of this crap.

Excuse me? There are no insults from me in these posts you have been looking at.I might be pointing out some views  you don't wish to hear but that is not the same thing.

Again I point out there have been loads of insults from people you support and you don't care about them. I specifically raised one such with you a couple of days ago and, of course, you did not respond. 

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Excuse me? There are no insults from me in these posts you have been looking at.I might be pointing out some views  you don't wish to hear but that is not the same thing.

Again I point out there have been loads of insults from people you support and you don't care about them. I specifically raised one such with you a couple of days ago and, of course, you did not respond. 

People I support? I support a football club, I just don't appreciate the comments you made. Only you (as far as I'm aware, I have no intention of reading/joining. It was only when BB pointed it out) has put the boot people on a separate site. The only thing that I would be responding to from you, is an apology, and that is about as likely as Venkys selling up tomorrow.

Archived