BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have absolutely no problem with the last paragraph of your post. Unfortunately people like Neal are completely unable to respect other people's opinions and decisions. 

Incidentally you got very upset with me a while back for saying that protesters (not you in particular) labelled people who still attend school mentally subnormal in some way. You vehemently denied this then you get Neal saying stuff like "You can't teach stupid"  "There's some right keaners at Ewood these days" and that he wouldn't want to sit with people who still go anyway. Something you also previously said about people who  snubbed your protest efforts outside the ground.

I talk daily with a number of fans who still attend with differing opinions to mine Rev, I would treat you with respect if i respected you but frankly I don't and wjy should I pretend? Many fans don't like or respect me ... But you know what? Thats ok. Not everyone will get along and see eye to eye and there's little point wasting time worrying about it IMV. If ANYONE sorted out a protest i'd attend despite if I liked them or not because fighting for the club is more important to me than a few hurtful words or fallings out.

Finally, I stand by what I said... I went to the park with my dad and my son today and listened to what my dad had to say about the sort of stuff our supporters were coming out with coming off the ground. Stupid keaners is probably too tame of language i can think of to describe them to be honest and if that offends you pr anyone else I couldn't frankly give a flying **** because just like yours or anyone else's... It's an opinion on a messageboard... Big deal.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Neal said:

I talk daily with a number of fans who still attend with differing opinions to mine Rev, I would treat you with respect if i respected you but frankly I don't just as many fans don't like or respect me... But you know what? Thats ok. Not everyone will get along and see eye to eye and there's little point wasting time worrying about it IMV. If ANYONE sorted out a protest i'd attend despite if I liked them or not because fighting for the club is more important to me than a few hurtful words or fallings out.

Finally, I stand by what I said... I went to the park with my dad and my son today and listened to what my dad had to say about the sort of stuff our supporters were coming out with coming off the ground. Stupid keaners is probably too tame of language i can think of to describe them to be honest and if that offends you pr anyone else I couldn't frankly give a flying **** because just like yours or anyone else's... It's an opinion on a messageboard... Big deal.

Obviously we might have to agree to disagree on one or two substantive issues.  However why you have no respect whatsoever for other people's opinions which differ from your own I've no idea and it's even worse imo being completely unrepentant about rude and boorish behaviour and dismissing it as simply one of those things that  happens these days.

I'll try my best to avoid responding to you in future then as far as possible we're  not winding each other up

29 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

The only thing I am looking forward to in League One is seeing a few academy players coming through being given a chance and actually having the opportunity for the first time in 7 years to build a team. What I mean by that is actually having the same players involved across more than a 12 month period. I mean jesus our squad has been changed so drastically year on year I blame that more than anything. 

Can't help thinking that plays right into their hands and we'll end up with another weak squad just full of kids who aren't really good enough and the odd ones who are will be pushed through the door regularly to pay the bills and earn percentages. There'll be no growing or building a team just one to sit in the middle of the division whilst it carries youngsters till the point of sale because it's the cheap way to run things.

Millionaire owners with a corner shop mentality.

Knowing you both outside of this forum as I do (Rev and Neal) you'd actually get on swimmingly.

This forum turns people into arses, no doubt about that.

18 hours ago, unsall said:

Can say categorically that the girl airlifted to Preston hospital is doing ok and expected to make a full recovery....

That's a relief as there looked to be a few people in a bad way.

As for the impatient fat clown in the black car with his fat mouthy wife and kids pipping at concerned people congregating around and trying to bully his way through a crowd of people in his vehicle you are an absolute cretin. I hope the damage to your car is enough to learn you a lesson as it would have been a lot worse had those blokes dragged you out you absolute excuse of a man.

Reading a lot of the comments and listening to the bickering between fans, it's clear that there is just a state of absolute helplessness across the board. You have some who think attending might resolve something, other believe protesting and boycotting is the way to go, but unfortunately after 7 years of all types of efforts, nothing has worked yet and everyone is just helpless.

the divide between the fans is basically an effect of 7 years of frustration building up and the only people engaging in the club is the fans because the fans are the only ones who seem to care. Venkies have done a fabulous job of not engaging or listening to the views of anyone and made it impossible for us to communicate with them which is the most frustrating thing of all and it basically lead to fans bickering with each other because their isn't really a way of venting their frustrations towards the owners because they arn't listening. 

Supporters have basically been talking to the wall for seven years and we are at a point where everyone is exhausted and there is finger pointing from both sides. At the end of the day Blackburn Rovers is all in our hearts, it's just incredibly sad that due to fans being neglected we've all resorted to arguing amongst ourselves. 

I wish I had the best answer to getting rid of the Venkies, I have my own opinion but at the end of the day does it really matter when we seem to be getting further and further away from getting our great club back. I think it's time to put the rulers away n stop measuring who's the greatest rovers fan and comparing who's done what because it's really sad to watch grown adults bicker about thing that are clearly out of the fans hands. I applaud those who have gone far and beyond to try and save the club, I applaud those who still go to the games and support the team on the pitch and those who only go to away games. But it's hard to applaud bickering and slagging of one another, If you've got something informative to say great but 90% of the post recently hav been utter garbage.

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Obviously we might have to agree to disagree on one or two substantive issues.  However why you have no respect whatsoever for other people's opinions which differ from your own I've no idea and it's even worse imo being completely unrepentant about rude and boorish behaviour and dismissing it as simply one of those things that  happens these days.

I'll try my best to avoid responding to you in future then as far as possible we're  not winding each other up

I'd say me being rude is a subjective point of view on your behalf, i'm just being honest, certainly not diplomatic but at least i'm coming on here saying exactly how I feel instead of bullshitting people... I'm not saying you do BTW. I post a couple of times every other day if thats too much for you then i'll agree with you on one thing and say your approach is probably for the best.

30 minutes ago, Gav said:

Knowing you both outside of this forum as I do (Rev and Neal) you'd actually get on swimmingly.

This forum turns people into arses, no doubt about that.

Way to stir the pot Gav! You hairy arse.

To be honest I didn't feel any lower coming off Ewood yesterday than most defeats this season. I think the moment Coyle was appointed I accepted relegation as the likely outcome. The change came far too late and stopping up would have been a pleasant surprise. I get the feeling several posters suddenly woke up to the fact yesterday that there is likely to be no great escape. We haven't got a bunch of top half Championship players. The lack of funds, sales and Coyle's incomings have left us with a league one team.

I hope I'm wrong and we get the 10 points I feel we may now need from the remaining 5 games. However the writing has been on the wall since Lambert walked. Many people just chose not to read it.

You know after yesterday's performance we deserve to go down.

Where to start? 

Brown was awful, Hoban not much better.

In the midfield too many gaps and no connection with the forwards.

I don't want to get at Mahoney, as he's a youngster with potential, but his slowing of the play and lack of end product was systematic of the failures going forward.

Emnes and Joao were non factors, both looked like loanees with one foot on the beach and the other looking at America, China or some other pay day.

Mowbray looked lost on the touchline, as if everything he'd said had gone in one ear and out the other!

League One beckons and we deserve all we're getting at the moment. Mismanagement and selling your best players without replacing them, is anyone really surprised?

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No , I brought up the facts. Something you seem incapable of acknowledging and recognising. 

He did not get a bonus based on being relegated. End of. 

He had no incentive for the club staying up and every incentive for them to yo-yo due to his financial rewards. He would have even received money for consecutive relegations.

If you were an employer why would you possibly allow him a contract that would cause such a conflict of interests like that?

23 hours ago, 47er said:

You always come across as a decent bloke and my sympathies, we have all shed tears for Rovers over the last few years.

However, that comment above is completely unbalanced and unworthy of you.

I won't mention names here but the insults have flown thick and fast from certain posters who would share your views in recent weeks and the language has deteriorated with it.

I can't comment in regards to the last paragraph because I don't read the football forum sufficiently to do so.  Where I will remark is every time I do read a topic the same posters are being targeted, with the same arguments and often by the same people. It's relentless. Read the rest of this thread for confirmation.

When fans refuse to respect others, for me this is about basic human decency, I feel there is no point in being involved. 

I'm not going to write lists but there are people who could confirm the effort I've made over 20 odd years in these areas. My conscience is 100% clear. I've never forgotten a remark made by a fan I met through a common interest in supporter involvement. Someone who I've come to regard as a friend through that involvement. While not a direct quote his words, as it became obvious BRISA would hit the rocks, were:

"The support will only understand the need when times get tough."

How very true and I wish I was blessed with such insight.

There are loyal, committed, articulate fans at Ewood who fully comprehend the situation but who, like me, will not get involved. The reason? People simply do not want the barbs they know will be thrown and through different experiences find themselves unable to be involved with or trust the protest/boycott movement in whatever form it takes.

I'm not naming names or describing incidents, people can chose to believe me or not. I don't mind which as I can live with myself which is all that matters. I've experienced verbal attacks, witnessed outright lies, manipulation, seen people threatened all because they dared to question or express an alternative view. I eventually learned these incidents were adversely affecting my life. I walked away.

Recently I've been asked by three different people, each of whom I respect, to get involved again. I won't, I don't need the grief in my life. I didn't create the situation, others did. 

Too many were too late to the party. 

Paul--sorry, I'm replying to you here! Stuffed up! 

I can"t comment on the events you describe above, they are personal to you and I have no knowledge of them. It looks as if you have had some bad experiences, as you see it, with fans you describe as protestors. I have no idea of the events, the personalities or where the blame lies.

I am simply replying to your original email which blamed the downturn in quality of posts on the MB and increase in aggression against other posters purely on "protestors"(for want of a better term).

If, as you admit, you "don't read the football forum sufficiently to do so... "i.e. make a judgement, what on earth were you doing posting that email in the first place? Doesn't make sense.

For the record, the claims you made about posts on here were untrue and unjust and absolutely biased. There have been faults within both sides, nobody is perfect but ultimately the Board reflects the disastrous position of the club.

8 hours ago, booth said:

He had no incentive for the club staying up and every incentive for them to yo-yo due to his financial rewards. He would have even received money for consecutive relegations.

If you were an employer why would you possibly allow him a contract that would cause such a conflict of interests like that?

He would have received more money had he kept us up. Is that not an incentive?  

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He would have received more money had he kept us up. Is that not an incentive?  

Possibly not when you factor in what was best for the agency which no doubt rewarded him , Fantastic opportunity to  "re-build" the squad. 5, 10 or even 20% in the pocket for getting players to leave for 80% of their contract, and those places needed filling by downgrades but still worth a decent "advisor" fee. Unfortunately for them Singh spoiled their plan , whilst creating a new problem

36 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Possibly not when you factor in what was best for the agency which no doubt rewarded him , Fantastic opportunity to  "re-build" the squad. 5, 10 or even 20% in the pocket for getting players to leave for 80% of their contract, and those places needed filling by downgrades but still worth a decent "advisor" fee. Unfortunately for them Singh spoiled their plan , whilst creating a new problem

This speculation is separate to his contract, which is what we were discussing. 

I just don't think fans need to make statements like "Kean got a bonus in his contract for relegating us" It dilutes the facts, which are damning enough. 

The negativity on here is more depressing than the result was on Saturday. I don’t blame anyone of you for it, but it’s just so sad.

I thought Conway battled well when he came on, and it’s a shame he wasn’t brought on sooner. Too little too late perhaps, but hopefully he earned a start vs Forest. I hope he stays after the season, as his cries of frustration during the game proved he cares if others don’t.

I thought Joao was the worst player on the pitch. I hope Graham's injury isn't long term so he starts and Joao never steps foot on Ewood again. He played like he just wanted his pay packet till the end of the season and can leave. Same for Emnes. At least Graham showed real emotion as he limped off. I also don’t agree with the Lowe bashing and thought he showed spirit.

Mahoney and Nyambe need an arm around them through this negative time. Connor ducked out of every challenge out of fear of getting hurt, and Ryan was headless and didn’t seem to be allowed to attack down the wing. Both could be important players for Rovers next season, to help other academy lads who might step up if we do cull the squad, but I wouldn’t want to play for a club where there is zero positivity and other. Mowbary was shouting for the lads to give it to Mahoney so he views him as a key player.

Out of interest, how many of you have been to an U23 game this season? There's a game tonight at Ewood and its only 3 quid. It's usually at Leyland, with pure football and you don't have to listen to bickering fans. Get behind the lads you might be watching next season. The Venkys won’t even know it’s going on, and half the fans are parents so you won’t be cheating on any boycotts. I wish more fans would go to these games and try and feel some positivity in their team again.

Any parents of the academy lads who might read this. Please give them confidence to stay at the club.

I’ll stand by Rovers whatever the fate it, and I don’t care whether Venkys exist or not. If Rovers are playing, I’ll support them, and go and watch them. If we go down then so be it, I’ll go and watch games next season. Let’s get behind our club. Not slag it off.

Just now, AlFowler said:

I’ll stand by Rovers whatever the fate it, and I don’t care whether Venkys exist or not. If Rovers are playing, I’ll support them, and go and watch them. If we go down then so be it, I’ll go and watch games next season. Let’s get behind our club. Not slag it off.

Please God give me strength to get through this.

3 minutes ago, AlFowler said:

The negativity on here is more depressing than the result was on Saturday. I don’t blame anyone of you for it, but it’s just so sad.

I thought Conway battled well when he came on, and it’s a shame he wasn’t brought on sooner. Too little too late perhaps, but hopefully he earned a start vs Forest. I hope he stays after the season, as his cries of frustration during the game proved he cares if others don’t.

I thought Joao was the worst player on the pitch. I hope Graham's injury isn't long term so he starts and Joao never steps foot on Ewood again. He played like he just wanted his pay packet till the end of the season and can leave. Same for Emnes. At least Graham showed real emotion as he limped off. I also don’t agree with the Lowe bashing and thought he showed spirit.

Mahoney and Nyambe need an arm around them through this negative time. Connor ducked out of every challenge out of fear of getting hurt, and Ryan was headless and didn’t seem to be allowed to attack down the wing. Both could be important players for Rovers next season, to help other academy lads who might step up if we do cull the squad, but I wouldn’t want to play for a club where there is zero positivity and other. Mowbary was shouting for the lads to give it to Mahoney so he views him as a key player.

Out of interest, how many of you have been to an U23 game this season? There's a game tonight at Ewood and its only 3 quid. It's usually at Leyland, with pure football and you don't have to listen to bickering fans. Get behind the lads you might be watching next season. The Venkys won’t even know it’s going on, and half the fans are parents so you won’t be cheating on any boycotts. I wish more fans would go to these games and try and feel some positivity in their team again.

Any parents of the academy lads who might read this. Please give them confidence to stay at the club.

Well said 

Archived