BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

No but its truely wrong Rev and his fellow thinkers want venkys to fund the club he says as much,but then says its the boycotters,soon as the chains or on ewood gates the better,start afresh like middlesborough did,show the FA up for the twits they are.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

No but its truely wrong Rev and his fellow thinkers want venkys to fund the club he says as much,but then says its the boycotters,soon as the chains or on ewood gates the better,start afresh like middlesborough did,show the FA up for the twits they are.

Can't teach stupid mate. Would you want to be sat/stood next to supporters like at Ewood in our current position anyway? I'd rather wash my pillocks with sandpaper. Leave em to it.

1 hour ago, duggy9197 said:

This has made my blood boil.i don,t think one boycotter wants venkys to pay the bills,sooner they leave the better,if it means closure so be it.

Your view makes my blood boil as well. Why do want the Club to come to an end?  There's no point whatsoever being rid of Venky's if  it means there's no Club either!. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That wasn't true. He had the same bonuses whether in the premiership or championship. A stupid clause, but not a reward for being relegated. 

He was being rewarded for a relegation. Plain and simple so please do not bend the truth.

Payments were specified by league therefore particular to being in said league.

The fact they were similar does not negate the FACT that bonuses were due if relegated.

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

Can't teach stupid mate. Would you want to be sat/stood next to supporters like at Ewood in our current position anyway? I'd rather wash my pillocks with sandpaper. Leave em to it.

Good, I hope you enjoy doing it. Fans such as you continue to be partly responsible for the divisions between supporters. 

When you learn continually insulting supporters achieves nothing it will be a small step forward.

Just now, Paul said:

Good, I hope you enjoy doing it. Fans such as you continue to be partly responsible for the divisions between supporters. 

When you learn continually insulting supporters achieves nothing it will be a small step forward.

Glad you saved me the trouble of replying Paul I might have copped myself a ban. I wonder if Neal is so objectionable in every other aspect of his day to day dealings?

6 hours ago, preston blue said:

"....we will simply have to roll up our sleeves and get on with it.".

I never criticise fellow MB members but that statement is simply taking the biscuit and accepting that this is normal / cyclical.

Never a truer word spoken by Parson imo PB.

I don't think Parson was suggesting what has happened to us is entirely normal or cyclical. You said that.There's little doubt Venky's have dramatically hastened our decline.

However whilst people are entitled to protest as much as they like, what option is there at the end of all that if Venkys still won't sell and/or no-one else is willing to take the Club on?  Surely you have to carry on as best you can. In an ideal world no -one WANTS to see Venky's running the Club into the ground but given the stark choice between that or extinction, I'll take the former in the hope that our fortunes start to improve at some point in the future. It may never happen under Venky's. But it certainly won't happen if we've ceased to exist.

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

No excuses it was an appalling performance from a team that look to have finally given up.  They don't seem to have recovered from the late goal against Preston and three successive defeats have come at the wrong time.  I can't see anyway now that we will avoid the drop as wins against Forest and Bristol will only bring us back in the pack.  We probably need to win at least four to give ourselves any chance and it simply isn't going to happen.  Sadly, I'm resigned to watching us suffer our third relegation the Third Division during my time following the club.  Still, we've been down there before and if the worst comes to the worst we will have to simply roll up our sleeves and get on with.  The financial situation is dire but there is no magic wand that is going to change that.  All the complaining the world isn't going to change things.  Until the owners want to sell and until someone is prepared to buy the club everything else is just rhetoric.  Today was as poor as it gets and merely underlines the job Mowbray will have trying to turn this around next season.

Excellent post Parson. Completely agree with just about everything you've written there.

Your comment about Mowbray caught my eye though. Are you completely confident he'll be here next season if/when we go down and do you think he should be?

I must confess I have no real view either way on that at the moment. Whilst the position we're in isn't his fault, his name didn't spring instantly to mind when Coyle was sacked and if I'm being honest  he hasn't had the impact on the team I would have hoped.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never a truer word spoken by Parson imo PB.

I don't think Parson was suggesting what has happened to us is entirely normal or cyclical. You said that.There's little doubt Venky's have dramatically hastened our decline.

However whilst people are entitled to protest as much as they like, what option is there at the end of all that if Venkys still won't sell and/or no-one else is willing to take the Club on?  Surely you have to carry on as best you can. In an ideal world no -one WANTS to see Venky's running the Club into the ground but given the stark choice between that or extinction, I'll take the former in the hope that our fortunes start to improve at some point in the future. It may never happen under Venky's. But it certainly won't happen if we've ceased to exist.

so you say it again you want venkys to back the club because in your eyes if they don,t we will go under,it aint going to happen pal.its not the boycotters who expect or want venkys to stump up cash its you,btw cheston said we cannot expect venkys to bail us out.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There are baiters and then there are master baiters.

It seems to me they all become a spent force under Vs.

ARA if this a comment on my post I'd only say I do neither. I've virtually stopped reading the football section because firstly every topic is entirely circular and secondly every topic eventually descends to the boycotters and protesters insulting the rest of us. I can't be bothered with it, I only popped in last night as I wanted to know how others felt.

I shed a few tears in the Darwen Dnd car park yesterday. I know it's all over, we will be down on Easter Monday evening.

In a few weeks I'll buy my STs, as I have every season for the last 32, and put this year behind me. I already have a small dream of next season being a promotion season.

I stopped wasting energy on something none of us can influence or change sometime ago and immediately got my life back. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

ARA if this a comment on my post I'd only say I do neither. I've virtually stopped reading the football section because firstly every topic is entirely circular and secondly every topic eventually descends to the boycotters and protesters insulting the rest of us. I can't be bothered with it, I only popped in last night as I wanted to know how others felt.

I shed a few tears in the Darwen Dnd car park yesterday. I know it's all over, we will be down on Easter Monday evening.

In a few weeks I'll buy my STs, as I have every season for the last 32, and put this year behind me. I already have a small dream of next season being a promotion season.

I stopped wasting energy on something none of us can influence or change sometime ago and immediately got my life back. 

No Paul my post was not aimed at you at all. Indeed yours was in a way the inspiration for mine.

I am completely fed up of the constant fan v fan  arguments that infest and destroy most threads and as Rovers fortunes fall become increasingly vindictive.

I believe that (and ignoring the conspiracy theories) 99% of Fans rightly blame the Rao family for the state of Rovers.

I also believe that individual Fans should be freely allowed to express their dissatifaction in a way they feel comfortable with.

If this means attending games at Ewood, or boycotting, or protesting, or NAPM  or other then I am ok with that. Each to their own.

There can never be a 100% vote one way or the other and people of all persuasion should accept that and channel their anger and endeavours to where it should be directed and the culprits live in Pune.

Meanwhile it sadly looks like Tony M is in for a hard time. A decent man in the job for a matter of a few weeks with an awful squad that he has inherited and with no real chance to mold. He was on a hiding to nothing and looks almost certain to fail to keep us but its not his fault. We have to again look to Pune for that.

We know the problems and we know who is to blame but as we cannot identify with those in Pune or indeed most in management at Ewood we seem to desperately look inwards and take our anger and frustrations out on other Fans. Sad sad indeed.

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

every topic is entirely circular and secondly every topic eventually descends to the boycotters and protesters insulting the rest of us. 

You always come across as a decent bloke and my sympathies, we have all shed tears for Rovers over the last few years.

However, that comment above is completely unbalanced and unworthy of you.

I won't mention names here but the insults have flown thick and fast from certain posters who would share your views in recent weeks and the language has deteriorated with it.

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

At the end of the day we will be a League One club next season.  Unless the owners sell, which they give no indication of doing, you either walk away or keep going.  Everyone feels differently.  For me, walking away would be letting the owners win, so I won't do that.  Thus we carry on and hope that we can respond in the same way as Bolton - no money, but decent manager and look like bouncing back. 

Great post. Ive renewed. My friends have. We will be there next season. 

Bolton is a good example to follow. Parkinson done a very good job there. 

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why do you believe that you staying will stop them winning? Venkys have already won, whether we stay or go.

They have got away with destroying a football club while everyone else in the industry and even the authorities stand by and watch - we are even up for an award: Family Club of the Year, is it? This club has divided families and its owners have destroyed the hopes of hundreds of children - and they will get an award for having a mascot, a virtually derelict family lounge and a few games consoles. Whoop-de-do. No more opposition, no more dissenting voices, no more aggro.

Some ppl who work at the club in family section deserved this award. They are great. 

Venkys havent won one bit. Only win if you give up

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

every topic is entirely circular and secondly every topic eventually descends to the boycotters and protesters insulting the rest of us. I can't be bothered with it, I only popped in last night as I wanted to know how others felt.

I agree that every thread goes into Boycotters vs people attending. Adds zero to anything. Just insults to people. 

I log off last night cos I had enough of it all. 

Each person has to decide whether to buy a ST and if you do you shouldnt be insulted by non ST. Its that person choice. Simple as. 

Like I keep saying people cannot imfluence Venkys one bit. Protests dont work and boycotting hasnt either. 

Back on topic 

Tbh that was arguably the worst Rovers performance ever it was shocking 

You can't build a side with loan players 

Some of the loanees look like they're running the clock down.. Tbf I would do the same thing.. 

The game was over as a contest on three minutes

Rovers showed no urgency and didn't even look remotely like they'd get back in the match 

Mowbray even Coyle aren't to blame its the owners and Co 

Heard a rumour yesterday come November time funds will completely run out and wages will stop being paid 

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

That sounds lovely

Do you have any suggestions / ideas how to do this ?

Or an intention to personally become involved in said initiatives or even lead ?

I wish I could say that I know how to influence the Rao's to leave but I don't. Nothing that I would post on a public MB anyway.

I have no real idea why they are still hanging on to Rovers apart from spite. Meanwhile we do not even know which Raos actually still do 'own' Rovers.

I hope that the revamped Rovers Trust can not only continue the good work already done but also put effective pressure on Pune. I expect that the RT cannot be seen to be overtly agressive against Pune but hope they can lend support to 'other' factions. I intend to now join the RT and wish I had when it formed.

I had a ST from 1981 until the end of 2010-11. Despite working and now living abroad I bought a ST originally just to give Rovers some money as they were skint. It was used either by me when home or by family.

I stopped my ST because of Venkys JA Kean etc.....so an early boycotter?

My last visit to Ewood was Man City home in 2011 and I treated 7 other family nembers to JW Upper left towards BBE. Not spent a penny more since on tickets or any form of merchandise. NAPM?

TBH if I was back home I think I would be a protester who attended games H&A but otherwise limited spending. My patience at being made to feel a fool by crap players at Ewood would sorely test my attendance resolve.

I openly support those who attend, boycott and/or protest (Edit: contrary to what appears to be popular opinion these are not mutually exclusive)

Just now, Athlete said:

Back on topic 

Tbh that was arguably the worst Rovers performance ever it was shocking 

You can't build a side with loan players 

Some of the loanees look like they're running the clock down.. Tbf I would do the same thing.. 

The game was over as a contest on three minutes

Rovers showed no urgency and didn't even look remotely like they'd get back in the match 

Mowbray even Coyle aren't to blame its the owners and Co 

Heard a rumour yesterday come November time funds will completely run out and wages will stop being paid 

That is sad to read.  I thought the players would be up for it.

What about the crowd TM was asking for?  Was it bigger, did they get behind the team as a 12th man?

Just now, preston blue said:

What about the crowd TM was asking for?  Was it bigger, did they get behind the team as a 12th man?

There was no twelve man 

TMs war cry did nothing unfortunately

was gutted.. I hope we can beat forest and somehow recover but after yesterday I'm not holding my breath 

Just now, preston blue said:

The crowd was shell shocked, 1st goal the crowd chanted and "backed the players" this is after having already been cut to ribbons in the build up to the corner the goal came from. Then in the time between goals no player wanted the ball culminating in Hoban passing to their midfielder then the ball was in the back of the net. A sudden realisation that jeeez we really are going to be in league one next season obviously didn't do too much to encourage fans to cheer on players stealing a wage pretending to be professional footballers.

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

They haven't driven you away either. 

Not strictly true though. They've driven my protesting side away. They've driven my passion away. They've driven my enjoyment away. Now I'm just going through the motions. I feel hollow at games. There is no fun in it - except for my lads - which is why I carry on. Venkys haven't beaten me, my fellow fans have beaten me.

If they decide enough is enough then that will be it. No more persuading and trying to keep them interested like I did when they were younger - I think either I did too good a job or they are just firmly in the routine. My oldest at least has his memories, and despite everything the players in blue and white are still his heroes.

My only hope left is that, before that wears off and my kids lose interest, that Venkys do and they go first. The club is in a far, far worse condition now than it was before Jack came along and is only getting worse. My second hope is that there are enough people to help pick up the pieces. On the evidence so far, I'd say not.

• Backroom

Yesterday confirmed why not renewing is the right decision for me and my Dad. Talking to another set of fans on the way out, they told us it was 'fans like you' who are hurting the club by not supporting it.

They never seem to grasp that we've been supporting the club through this nightmare both by attending AND assisting the protest effort.

Fans like that are just as bad as Paul claims Neal is. It is on both sides of the argument, and causes more division. Paul, you're wrong. I'm wrong too. No fan is the cause of ANY division. Such actions are the symptoms of Venky's ownership.

Attending just hurts at the moment, so we're going to choose 5/6 games and go to those, while helping the protest effort however we can.

Whether you go or don't or protest or don't, respect your fellow fans and wish them well. That's all we can do, while doing what we believe is right.

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

The crowd was shell shocked, 1st goal the crowd chanted and "backed the players" this is after having already been cut to ribbons in the build up to the corner the goal came from. Then in the time between goals no player wanted the ball culminating in Hoban passing to their midfielder then the ball was in the back of the net. A sudden realisation that jeeez we really are going to be in league one next season obviously didn't do too much to encourage fans to cheer on players stealing a wage pretending to be professional footballers.

Hoban nearly messed up again with a back pass. He didn't even look he hit and hoped. 

Got to stress again not Mowbray or even Coyles fault.. When our defenders have been sold 

On another note our wonder loanee from Sheff wed was abysmal yesterday he lost possession then dove as if he'd been shot.. 

Some player's yesterday really need to have a good look of themselves.. 

Then at half time the season ticket offers were being advertised.. 

• Moderation Lead

It's a poor do when fans are getting more upset with each other than they are with Venky's. Focus your ire, despair, frustration, rage and thoughts on them, not your fellow supporters.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The chances of us following Bolton's example are nil. It'll be more of the same with Rovers doing well to finish in the top half of the division.

Sheffield United went up yesterday after SIX seasons in the Third Division.

I think we will be lucky not to follow Blackpool (quickly) or Coventry (slowly) into the Fourth.

Incidentally a Lancashire club reversed a 0-2 half time to produce a 3-2 win yesterday afternoon. Accy Stanley kept their slim hopes of a play-off place alive and with it an East Lancashire derby???  

Archived