BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, preston blue said:

Media reports are that a young girl was killed in the accident outside Ewood.

Dreadful, Dreadful news if true.

The only official word from the police at present is "A number of pedestrians have been injured in an accident with a vehicle in Blackburn." , lets hope you're wrong and it's just limited to injuries.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, preston blue said:

"....we will simply have to roll up our sleeves and get on with it.".

I never criticise fellow MB members but that statement is simply taking the biscuit and accepting that this is normal / cyclical.

At the end of the day we will be a League One club next season.  Unless the owners sell, which they give no indication of doing, you either walk away or keep going.  Everyone feels differently.  For me, walking away would be letting the owners win, so I won't do that.  Thus we carry on and hope that we can respond in the same way as Bolton - no money, but decent manager and look like bouncing back. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

More @#/? yes it was in 2016 accounts (June) it was the 9th.

Since then Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Killgallon, Spurr, Forrester, O'sullivan, Delfounseo, Brown, Jackson, Williamson, Taylor, etc have all left. 

More like mid-table at the minute but still point noted.

Just going off what Senior said last week, he didn't caveat it with "but that was before x,y,z left"

Either way, the Rovers' players earned at least 3x what Barnsley players earned for their afternoon's work today which is scandalous.

The reason why we are going down is because we are wearing shirts of blue and white halves instead of the usual blue and white quarters.

I blame the shirt designers. 

13 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

At the end of the day we will be a League One club next season.  Unless the owners sell, which they give no indication of doing, you either walk away or keep going.  Everyone feels differently.  For me, walking away would be letting the owners win, so I won't do that.  Thus we carry on and hope that we can respond in the same way as Bolton - no money, but decent manager and look like bouncing back. 

Why do you believe that you staying will stop them winning? Venkys have already won, whether we stay or go.

They have got away with destroying a football club while everyone else in the industry and even the authorities stand by and watch - we are even up for an award: Family Club of the Year, is it? This club has divided families and its owners have destroyed the hopes of hundreds of children - and they will get an award for having a mascot, a virtually derelict family lounge and a few games consoles. Whoop-de-do. No more opposition, no more dissenting voices, no more aggro.

37 minutes ago, Glenn said:

The only official word from the police at present is "A number of pedestrians have been injured in an accident with a vehicle in Blackburn." , lets hope you're wrong and it's just limited to injuries.

Soome positive news (again, unsure of accuracy, but I've no reason to assume it's not)

Just now, Stuart said:

Why do you believe that you staying will stop them winning? Venkys have already won, whether we stay or go.

They have got away with destroying a football club while everyone else in the industry and even the authorities stand by and watch - we are even up for an award: Family Club of the Year, is it? This club has divided families and its owners have destroyed the hopes of hundreds of children - and they will get an award for having a mascot, a virtually derelict family lounge and a few games consoles. Whoop-de-do. No more opposition, no more dissenting voices, no more aggro.

At the end of the day Stuart you make your own decisions.  I've followed this club for fifty-odd years and whilst there is still a club to follow, I'll follow it.  If, as you say, it doesn't matter whether we stay or go, then I opt for staying in the hope that at some point in the future there will be a club to rebuild.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

At the end of the day Stuart you make your own decisions.  I've followed this club for fifty-odd years and whilst there is still a club to follow, I'll follow it.  If, as you say, it doesn't matter whether we stay or go, then I opt for staying in the hope that at some point in the future there will be a club to rebuild.

I know all that. You've not answered the question.

You will go whatever so it's no use trying to justify it. I get it: "They won't drive me away" - you sound like the farmer who lives beside the M62.

• Backroom

I wasn't there today - I'm glad I wasn't there today for several reasons.

I feel we have no fight left as a club, I hope relegation gives the fans some fight back, as we need any chink of light we can get, fans together might be able to chip away somehow and make a breakthrough.

But it's hard to pick yourself up when you check the score from a wedding and feel nothing that we are 2-0 down.....at home.....to Barnsley.....whilst adrift in the drop zone, it's just so inevitable. I can't bear thinking about it being confirmed but we know it's happening so get it over with quick (sorry blueboy the balls have left me)

Mainly I'm glad I wasn't there because me and my boy take that route home and would likely have been at the scene and I'm so glad he didn't have to see that. Thoughts go out to all and I really hope everyone recovers including the poor lady seemingly at fault (if the reports are true)

Just now, Stuart said:

I know all that. You've not answered the question.

You will go whatever so it's no use trying to justify it. I get it: "They won't drive me away" - you sound like the farmer who lives beside the M62.

They haven't driven you away either. 

Just now, Mr. E said:

This is so soul-draining, I don't know what words or sentences can even describe this anymore.

It's been a perpetual 7 year nightmare...our club has never before experienced anything like this in its proud 140+ history.

I'm personally shattered with it all.

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

Media reports are that a young girl was killed in the accident outside Ewood.

Dreadful, Dreadful news if true.

Can say categorically that the girl airlifted to Preston hospital is doing ok and expected to make a full recovery....

The most depressing thought is that despite relegation there is probably thousands of chaddys and the like who will still proclaim that they will be attending rovers next season no matter what. There probably wont be any anger once relegation is confirmed just a willy waving contest about what great supporters they are. At most clubs there will be outrage, at rovers it will probably be how venkys are backing the club and that they arent bad owners. Makes my blood boil!!!

• Backroom
Just now, unsall said:

Can say categorically that the girl airlifted to Preston hospital is doing ok and expected to make a full recovery....

Good to hear, hopefully she'll be okay.

As far as Rovers is concerned, I really struggle to feel anything about the club at this juncture. When Lambert left and Coyle replaced him I checked out emotionally and haven't checked back in. The last six and a bit years have left me numb. Wins and losses evoke the same feeling of apathy and an overwhelming belief that the club is hurtling towards oblivion and everything else is just a sideshow. 

• Glenn changed the title to Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley
16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That wasn't true. He had the same bonuses whether in the premiership or championship. A stupid clause, but not a reward for being relegated. 

Bonuses for League and an additional salary of 1.5 million too on top of a basic 1million

38 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Your money won't be going to get the club out of its difficulties though. If everyone with a season ticket doesn't renew Venkys will have to get rid. Worth a try?

Firstly, i hope everyone involved in the accident is ok. 

Secondly... Dad came off ground today arguing with fans who are STILL saying "what happens if they leave?"... Absolutely boggles the mind.

He offered me a ticket which i of course declined and its stuff like this that reaffirms my faith in the NAPM stance. He and I wont ever go back again under Venkys. 

Some absolute keaners left at Ewood these days.

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's one view  An alternative view is that fans like chaddy who are continuing to attend are trying to ensure the Club survives for the foreseeable future. 

Then there are those who profess to hate Venky's and love Rovers but bizarrely expect Venky's to pay the bills until such time as they are prepared to return.

I would put chaddy in the first category as well. 

This has made my blood boil.i don,t think one boycotter wants venkys to pay the bills,sooner they leave the better,if it means closure so be it.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

This has made my blood boil.i don,t think one boycotter wants venkys to pay the bills,sooner they leave the better,if it means closure so be it.

Don't waste your time amd energy.

Archived