BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, AlFowler said:

Can you do anything about their existence? No. No you cant. So why pretend any different? Don't get me wrong. I'd love them to sod off. 

Protest,Boycott do something man but don't just sit back and except our awful situation...these imbeciles are killing the club you support!!

Jesus wept.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Al,

Please don't start taking a holier than thou stance re attendance with people who have been driven to the end of their tether by incompetent owners, their associates and their collective bad decisions. Every single fan is hurting at the moment and has been for some time. Aim your ire at Venky's, not your fellow fans, many of whom have made a heartbreaking decision not to go and watch their team any more. This decision hasn't been taken lightly (I'm speaking for myself alone here). There's far more at play here than relegation and the team being rubbish.

Whilst it's great that we're welcoming new members, people won't appreciate newbies moralising re attendance. We need to unite against Venky's, not argue over trivial things. If we do that, we may begin to get somewhere.....

Apologies if my post came across that I was criticising fellow Rovers fans. That's the last thing I wanted.

I'm all about being positive, so just wanted to try and put a different view on things. I'm a huge fan of supporting the academy for the future, so want people to focus on that, to get some good feelings back. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Protest,Boycott do something man but don't just sit back and except our awful situation...these imbeciles are killing the club you support!!

Jesus wept.

I’m afraid your going to have to keep recording how often Jesus weeps. I go to the game to watch football. I don’t go to the ground to protest a fight that I feel is a lost cause. I was all for it early on, but nothing has come of it and my opinion is that it’s a waste of my time to continue. Call me whatever you want. I just want to watch my team play football. Is that wrong?

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Paul--sorry, I'm replying to you here! Stuffed up! 

I can"t comment on the events you describe above, they are personal to you and I have no knowledge of them. It looks as if you have had some bad experiences, as you see it, with fans you describe as protestors. I have no idea of the events, the personalities or where the blame lies.

I am simply replying to your original email which blamed the downturn in quality of posts on the MB and increase in aggression against other posters purely on "protestors"(for want of a better term).

If, as you admit, you "don't read the football forum sufficiently to do so... "i.e. make a judgement, what on earth were you doing posting that email in the first place? Doesn't make sense.

For the record, the claims you made about posts on here were untrue and unjust and absolutely biased. There have been faults within both sides, nobody is perfect but ultimately the Board reflects the disastrous position of the club.

"Protesters" is a term I use very loosely for want of a better word.

I didn't say the quality of the MB has declined. I actually think the general atmosphere has improved in recent weeks. The view I stated is every thread has become circular which is a different statement. It simply means I'm going to read the same arguments and views again and again with little that's new. When I say every time I look at a football thread I see this bickering it's true, this is what I read. It's not a judgement it's an observation. 

I'm not calling you anything AlFowler,it's your prerogative to attend Ewood.

Personally I care more about the existance and future well being of this club than the present excuse of a football squad.Football and being 'entertained' should come a distant second to the disaster that is unfolding.

I care deeply about what Venkys have done to our club and support and like many,many more will fight to the bitter end to see them gone for good.

'Positives' 'get the feel good back'...out of this total mess Al?  :huh:

Has there been any reaction from the club since Saturday's debacle?

Anything from Mowbray/press officer/tea boy?

Rovers have tweeted there's a "Keepy Up" competition attended by Emnes/Joao today at the club shop - Oh the irony :blink:

1 hour ago, AlFowler said:

Apologies if my post came across that I was criticising fellow Rovers fans. That's the last thing I wanted.

I'm all about being positive, so just wanted to try and put a different view on things. I'm a huge fan of supporting the academy for the future, so want people to focus on that, to get some good feelings back. 

What many of us fear is that the Academy will become a vehicle to simply sell young players on to meet recurrent expenditure, instead of developing good players with loyalties to Rovers.

Wherever you look , vast and growing debts endanger the club's existence. If Venkys can sell Brockhall they will. Many of us fear that Venkys will only quit when there is nothing left to sell. 

I'm all for being positive when there is something to feel positive about. Its not being negative, its being realistic.

Is it negative to think we will be in Div 1 next season?

On 09/04/2017 at 4:32 PM, Paul said:

ARA if this a comment on my post I'd only say I do neither. I've virtually stopped reading the football section because firstly every topic is entirely circular and secondly every topic eventually descends to the boycotters and protesters insulting the rest of us. I can't be bothered with it, I only popped in last night as I wanted to know how others felt.

I shed a few tears in the Darwen Dnd car park yesterday. I know it's all over, we will be down on Easter Monday evening.

In a few weeks I'll buy my STs, as I have every season for the last 32, and put this year behind me. I already have a small dream of next season being a promotion season.

I stopped wasting energy on something none of us can influence or change sometime ago and immediately got my life back. 

Paul, you are dissembling. What you said originally is there in black and white and bears little resemblance to what you are claiming now.

You said you have virtually stopped reading the football section and you put the sole blame for what you obviously feel is a degeneration of the MB on insults from boycotters and protestors "insulting the rest of us". 

If you want respect at least be honest. Disappointed, I thought you were better than that.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

"Protesters" is a term I use very loosely for want of a better word.

I didn't say the quality of the MB has declined. I actually think the general atmosphere has improved in recent weeks. The view I stated is every thread has become circular which is a different statement. It simply means I'm going to read the same arguments and views again and again with little that's new. When I say every time I look at a football thread I see this bickering it's true, this is what I read. It's not a judgement it's an observation. 

See above

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Al,

Please don't start taking a holier than thou stance re attendance with people who have been driven to the end of their tether by incompetent owners, their associates and their collective bad decisions. Every single fan is hurting at the moment and has been for some time. Aim your ire at Venky's, not your fellow fans, many of whom have made a heartbreaking decision not to go and watch their team any more. This decision hasn't been taken lightly (I'm speaking for myself alone here). There's far more at play here than relegation and the team being rubbish.

Whilst it's great that we're welcoming new members, people won't appreciate newbies moralising re attendance. We need to unite against Venky's, not argue over trivial things. If we do that, we may begin to get somewhere.....

Which part of his post was having a pop at fans?

3 hours ago, AlFowler said:

The negativity on here is more depressing than the result was on Saturday. I don’t blame anyone of you for it, but it’s just so sad.

I thought Conway battled well when he came on, and it’s a shame he wasn’t brought on sooner. Too little too late perhaps, but hopefully he earned a start vs Forest. I hope he stays after the season, as his cries of frustration during the game proved he cares if others don’t.

I thought Joao was the worst player on the pitch. I hope Graham's injury isn't long term so he starts and Joao never steps foot on Ewood again. He played like he just wanted his pay packet till the end of the season and can leave. Same for Emnes. At least Graham showed real emotion as he limped off. I also don’t agree with the Lowe bashing and thought he showed spirit.

Mahoney and Nyambe need an arm around them through this negative time. Connor ducked out of every challenge out of fear of getting hurt, and Ryan was headless and didn’t seem to be allowed to attack down the wing. Both could be important players for Rovers next season, to help other academy lads who might step up if we do cull the squad, but I wouldn’t want to play for a club where there is zero positivity and other. Mowbary was shouting for the lads to give it to Mahoney so he views him as a key player.

Out of interest, how many of you have been to an U23 game this season? There's a game tonight at Ewood and its only 3 quid. It's usually at Leyland, with pure football and you don't have to listen to bickering fans. Get behind the lads you might be watching next season. The Venkys won’t even know it’s going on, and half the fans are parents so you won’t be cheating on any boycotts. I wish more fans would go to these games and try and feel some positivity in their team again.

Any parents of the academy lads who might read this. Please give them confidence to stay at the club.

I’ll stand by Rovers whatever the fate it, and I don’t care whether Venkys exist or not. If Rovers are playing, I’ll support them, and go and watch them. If we go down then so be it, I’ll go and watch games next season. Let’s get behind our club. Not slag it off.

Good post. I agree with the gist of what you're saying entirely. I could emotionally invest in watching the youngsters far better next season than watching yet a.n. other batch of fairly inept, demotivated loanees.

Have to disagree with you on a couple of points . Graham was imo a disgrace coming on then getting injured then having to go off after 2 minutes. Must have known he wasn't fit and shouldn't have made himself available for selection. He hasn't looked properly match fit at any point this season either.

Lowe is imo useless and has been the on pitch constant in many years of decline. Should be nowhere near the first team and I'd be very surprised if Tomlinson isn't a far better midfielder than him.

I said in a reply to Parson Blue yesterday that I wouldn't be sorry to see any senior player go. That wasn't quite correct as I forgot about Mulgrew and for these purposes I'm classing Lenihan as a young player. The rest of them , see ya later.

Great post by you though and hope you contribute on here in future.

3 hours ago, AlFowler said:

The negativity on here is more depressing than the result was on Saturday. I don’t blame anyone of you for it, but it’s just so sad.

I thought Conway battled well when he came on, and it’s a shame he wasn’t brought on sooner. Too little too late perhaps, but hopefully he earned a start vs Forest. I hope he stays after the season, as his cries of frustration during the game proved he cares if others don’t.

I thought Joao was the worst player on the pitch. I hope Graham's injury isn't long term so he starts and Joao never steps foot on Ewood again. He played like he just wanted his pay packet till the end of the season and can leave. Same for Emnes. At least Graham showed real emotion as he limped off. I also don’t agree with the Lowe bashing and thought he showed spirit.

Mahoney and Nyambe need an arm around them through this negative time. Connor ducked out of every challenge out of fear of getting hurt, and Ryan was headless and didn’t seem to be allowed to attack down the wing. Both could be important players for Rovers next season, to help other academy lads who might step up if we do cull the squad, but I wouldn’t want to play for a club where there is zero positivity and other. Mowbary was shouting for the lads to give it to Mahoney so he views him as a key player.

Out of interest, how many of you have been to an U23 game this season? There's a game tonight at Ewood and its only 3 quid. It's usually at Leyland, with pure football and you don't have to listen to bickering fans. Get behind the lads you might be watching next season. The Venkys won’t even know it’s going on, and half the fans are parents so you won’t be cheating on any boycotts. I wish more fans would go to these games and try and feel some positivity in their team again.

Any parents of the academy lads who might read this. Please give them confidence to stay at the club.

I’ll stand by Rovers whatever the fate it, and I don’t care whether Venkys exist or not. If Rovers are playing, I’ll support them, and go and watch them. If we go down then so be it, I’ll go and watch games next season. Let’s get behind our club. Not slag it off.

Connor wont be at Rovers next season. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Al,

Completely unnecessary and churlish response to a very good post imo. 

Not on about you in particular Hasta but you can't post anything constructive anything about anything on here these days without being met with a stock response something along the lines of "What are you talking about that for and not what ******* Venky's/Senior/Pasha are? It doesn't matter about (insert relevant football related topic) You're not bothered about what happens off the pitch. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!!"

Many posters should just employ a bot to autorespond as above any time anyone dares to post anything thoughtful or different, it would save them the time and trouble of typing it out.

2 hours ago, toogs said:

Has there been any reaction from the club since Saturday's debacle?

Anything from Mowbray/press officer/tea boy?

Rovers have tweeted there's a "Keepy Up" competition attended by Emnes/Joao today at the club shop - Oh the irony :blink:

Keepy upy on your bloody feet on the pitch would be more appropriate for these 2 pansies I've never seen a pair of strikers hit the deck so often.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely unnecessary and churlish response to a very good post imo. 

Not on about you in particular Hasta but you can't post anything constructive anything about anything on here these days without being met with a stock response something along the lines of "What are you talking about that for and not what ******* Venky's/Senior/Pasha are? It doesn't matter about (insert relevant football related topic) You're not bothered about what happens off the pitch. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!!"

Many posters should just employ a bot to autorespond as above any time anyone dares to post anything thoughtful or different, it would save them the time and trouble of typing it out.

There's much more at play here than what happens on a Saturday at 3pm. The future of the club is the key and those trying to fight for it should be applauded, not derided.

Also, LOL re the bit in bold.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'm not even going to bother taking you on. There was nothing wrong with my initial post, though admittedly I should've known better than to actually post the other comment which you've replied to above.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with trying to fight for the Club. Everyone is fighting for the Club. The fans that go to the games do it by still attending, putting a bit of money in the coffers and trying to show there is still some point in the Club carrying on whether it be under the current or future owners. Others choose a different path, hoping to force Venky's out a bit sooner.

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing you' re accusing the new poster of, putting protesting and non protesting fans into categories of importance as opposed to uniting?

4 hours ago, AlFowler said:

Good feelings are a million miles away right now

4 hours ago, AlFowler said:

I’m afraid your going to have to keep recording how often Jesus weeps. I go to the game to watch football. I don’t go to the ground to protest a fight that I feel is a lost cause. I was all for it early on, but nothing has come of it and my opinion is that it’s a waste of my time to continue. Call me whatever you want. I just want to watch my team play football. Is that wrong?

Yes it is wrong, very wrong. Sitting back and watching football while the club burns is like sitting in your living room watching tv while your house burns down around you. Fans like this (im not knocking you personally) are the reason why the club will crumble even more. Wish supporters would grow a pair of balls and stand up for what they believe in. Venkys are taking the @#/? and most supporters just cant be bothered

• Moderation Lead
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with trying to fight for the Club. Everyone is fighting for the Club. The fans that go to the games do it by still attending, putting a bit of money in the coffers and trying to show there is still some point in the Club carrying on whether it be under the current or future owners. Others choose a different path, hoping to force Venky's out a bit sooner.

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing you' re accusing the new poster of, putting protesting and non protesting fans into categories of importance as opposed to uniting?

I said nothing about categories of importance, I suggested that many people are making light of the decisions of those not attending, when in reality it's been a heartbreaking decision (for me anyway). 

All us fans need to unite now and rise up against Venky's. Think about it, how many clubs have actually folded when owners have left them in the dung? I just wonder what it will take for a lot of people to just blindly carry on going to the games and pretending that everything is alright. (Not a swipe at those attending, just merely wondering what their tipping point is). How much in debt do we have to be? What division do we have to be in for people to stand up and say enough is enough? 

Khod, are you suggesting that walking/boycotts are the sign of a realisation point? We both know that's not true, I know as much about what's gone on than you do but I have no intention of withdrawing support of the team!

Archived