SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nope!!! Said my feelings on protests. 

Just an angry person today

Nope. I will supporting the team inside the stadium

After that? 

You've a choice watch on and do nothing or actively get involved in all sorts... your choice?

I've spoken about what i'm doing previously, why not drop in the WMC on the 11th? 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last 10 minutes when Barnsley fans are doing olés at our sacred home stadium (justifiably too with the ease they won) has probably been the first time in all of the scums regime when I thought this isn't my club anymore. Owners don't care, players don't care and well until Venkys go I'm thinking I for my health can't care. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

After that? 

You've a choice watch on and do nothing or actively get involved in all sorts... your choice?

I've spoken about what i'm doing previously, why not drop in the WMC on the 11th? 

Said my views on it already and before previously. 

Just saw the goals poor defending from the corner towards the near post flicked on and Hoban failed to pick up the man at the back post for an easy header and the second was a missile off the crossbar 3 times and in but he should never have been given the space

Well that's one shocker I'm pleased to have missed thanks to the great British summer weather !

Honestly thought we'd win this and was confident even at 2-0 down with the likes of Mahoney, Feeney, Bennett, Joao and Emnes on the field.  We had enough spark on there to score at least two goals but seemingly we created very little - something sadly wrong today.  Lowe MUST be dropped - think he's a liability and 'THE' albatross around the team's neck.

It's not over until the fat lady sings and she might have to sit down again if we win against Forest and City - football is so unpredictable, a funny old game and I'm not giving us up just yet.

It's not all doom and gloom; had a great day out including 1st and 4th in the Grand National - winner down to the wife who picks her horses by names she fancies !

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What was the atmosphere like today Chaddy, plenty of getting behind the boys as rallied all week? Honest question btw.

I certainly don't speak for fans on the whole but to me it would be described as stunned silence. I look and see Blackpool double relegation than a Wigan or Bolton bounce back.

Just now, Mercer said:

Well that's one shocker I'm pleased to have missed thanks to the great British summer weather !

Honestly thought we'd win this and was confident even at 2-0 down with the likes of Mahoney, Feeney, Bennett, Joao and Emnes on the field.  We had enough spark on there to score at least two goals but seemingly we created very little - something sadly wrong today.  Lowe MUST be dropped - think he's a liability and 'THE' albatross around the team's neck.

It's not over until the fat lady sings and she might have to sit down again if we win against Forest and City - football is so unpredictable, a funny old game and I'm not giving us up just yet.

It's not all doom and gloom; had a great day out including 1st and 4th in the Grand National - winner down to the wife who picks her horses by names she fancies !

You weren't there so you can't really comment on who should and shouldn't be dropped. 

Just now, Gav said:

Just been told 3 people knocked down outside Fox n Hounds, don't know anymore. 

Puts it all into perspective.

Hope they are all okay.  Football is irrelevant.

Just now, Mercer said:

Any chance you'll stop posting for the rest of the season?

Give us a chance at least..

Just now, toogs said:

You weren't there so you can't really comment on who should and shouldn't be dropped. 

I've seen Lowe several times this season and many times over the last few years.

In my view, he's vastly overrated and one of the worst ever players to wear the famous shirt.  The fact that he's captain is in my view, a scandal and disgrace.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Any chance you'll stop posting for the rest of the season?

Give us a chance at least..

Nowt to do with what I post.

Everything to do with the club's owners, exec management, coaching team and players.

Don't knock someone who's supported the club through thick and thin for 50+ years.

Like bds I fully expected us to win today but that was a shocking performance. It looked like the last minute equaliser against Preston completely knocked the stuffing and fight out of us and we looked exactly what we are a team cobbled together with misfits and loanees, few of whom will be here next season and who are accordingly indifferent to our fate.

Brown was embarrassing. 

Still, as low as I feel I was reminded there are more important things than football. The day got even worse after the game for one poor woman run over in a bad accident at the roundabout by McDonald's.  Hope she's ok.'s

Just now, Mercer said:

Everything to do with the club's owners, exec management, coaching team and players.

Don't knock someone who's supported the club through thick and thin for 50+ years.

Then why do you sound like a Burnley fan in disguise, taking the piiss out of the situation.  Im hoping its a defence mechanism.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like Hoban has been poor since coming back in. 

Any word from Mowbray? I hope he is bigger and better than to blame injuries. 

Tony Mowbray offered no excuses as Rovers slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Barnsley.

Read more at https://t.co/dNisgNGQWq https://t.co/x46lD1q8oU

Hoban was very poor 2/10 and Brown wasnt even 1/10

Just now, Mercer said:

Not knocking you but in reality with what comes through your fingertips in a match day thread for a football fan of 50+ years you probably deserve some knocking.

Just now, Mercer said:

I've seen Lowe several times this season and many times over the last few years.

In my view, he's vastly overrated and one of the worst ever players to wear the famous shirt.  The fact that he's captain is in my view, a scandal and disgrace.

Have to agree on Lowe. Can't share your optimism about the next two games though. Can't see where the next point is coming from and  as likeable as he is, Mowbrays honeymoon period has turned into a nightmare.

As a minor plus I also had the winner of the National today because I liked the name after ten years of picking 3 or 4 horses per race on form and drawing a complete blank.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Said my views on it already and before previously. 

So before nailing colours to a mast (Might be mortgaged tho) 

You are prepared to write of those trying to make a difference and create awareness?

Hour of your time on Tuesday 11th, 7pm, i'll buy you a pint. 

On your doorstep given your local too.

Give the WMC a whirl. Might open eyes, who knows you could help your club and support it chaddy.

We simply have to win at Forest. That gets us to within 2 points of them, but even that will be difficult to make up.

And let's be honest, we aren't winning! Bristol City also have a very winnable home game vs QPR - we won't catch them.

We are gone!

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Then why do you sound like a Burnley fan in disguise, taking the piiss out of the situation.  Im hoping its a defence mechanism.

I'll take your comments with a pinch of salt.

I get p I s s e d off with all the doom and gloom merchants who keep saying we will get beat before a ball has even been kicked or we are down when there are a dozen matches to go (I know we are down to the last 5 games now).

Negativity breeds negativity.

I work with people with a 'can do attitude'.  It's surprising what can be achieved with the right mindset.

Archived