BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion doesnt change like the wind at all. 

When I said lets talk Football, i meant the matches and I am looking for to the start of the live football tonight. Expect a Derby win. 

I have already said I wouldnt set a specific target after so many games for Mowbray to be. 

Mowbray has set the expectations and aims for the season now let him get on with acheving them

Yes it does. Yesterday you'd consider his position if he was in the bottom half. Today you'd give him the entire season, regardless. That's one of a million things you've changed your mind on. I should note that changing your tune, or admitting your wrong, isn't a bad thing - we all do it. Fact is you do it and then deny you've done it, leading me to believe either you don't know what you are talking about or are a liar.

This topic is about Mowbray and the current conversation is about whether or not you believe he should be sacked after a certain amount of games. This topic isn't about other football clubs, especially not Derby in a different league than us. You can't just completely change the topic when you think you've had your say. If you want to discuss that then go do it in another topic dedicated to that subject. What gives you the right to suddenly close an issue down because you feel your say is over?

I'm sure us discussing his position isn't affecting his management. I'm 100% positive that whatever I post on here isn't going to influence his promotion push. Had I been having this debate in front of all his players, whilst he was trying to address them, then maybe you'd be right in saying we should "let him get on with it". As it goes this is a messageboard designed for debate about Rovers. If we just let them get on with it we'd have nothing to talk about.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yes it does. Yesterday you'd consider his position if he was in the bottom half. Today you'd give him the entire season, regardless. That's one of a million things you've changed your mind on. I should note that changing your tune, or admitting your wrong, isn't a bad thing - we all do it. Fact is you do it and then deny you've done it, leading me to believe either you don't know what you are talking about or are a liar.

This topic is about Mowbray and the current conversation is about whether or not you believe he should be sacked after a certain amount of games. This topic isn't about other football clubs, especially not Derby in a different league than us. You can't just completely change the topic when you think you've had your say. If you want to discuss that then go do it in another topic dedicated to that subject. What gives you the right to suddenly close an issue down because you feel your say is over?

I'm sure us discussing his position isn't affecting his management. I'm 100% positive that whatever I post on here isn't going to influence his promotion push. Had I been having this debate in front of all his players, whilst he was trying to address them, then maybe you'd be right in saying we should "let him get on with it". As it goes this is a messageboard designed for debate about Rovers. If we just let them get on with it we'd have nothing to talk about.

Ive said my opinion on Mowbray and what the expectations are for this season. I wouldnt set his a specific point targets after a certain of games. 

Ive admit before on here when I was wrong but I aint going over this sh#t again.cos I cant be bothered with it all as it nothing to do with the thread or you.either. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive said my opinion on Mowbray and what the expectations are for this season. I wouldnt set his a specific point targets after a certain of games. 

Ive admit before on here when I was wrong but I aint going over this sh#t again.cos I cant be bothered with it all as it nothing to do with the thread or you.either. 

Well, my original point did. It's you that changed it as me getting on your back. Likewise it's you that started going off on something that was nothing to do with this thread (the whole "let's talk football, ie: derby" crap).

You are right though - this should end here. I've come to the conclusion you aren't a liar.

Just stupid.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just ignore folk chaddy.  It's a messageboard - it's all nonsense anyway as nobody really knows what goes on at any club.  Basically, it's just the equivalent of talking football in the pub.  Everyone has different views and nobody is going to change anyone's mind no matter how often they post.  Just post what you want and ignore the rest.  Life's too short to spend it bickering on a messageboard.  Post what you want and then move on.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Just ignore folk chaddy.  It's a messageboard - it's all nonsense anyway as nobody really knows what goes on at any club.  Basically, it's just the equivalent of talking football in the pub.  Everyone has different views and nobody is going to change anyone's mind no matter how often they post.  Just post what you want and ignore the rest.  Life's too short to spend it bickering on a messageboard.  Post what you want and then move on.

Heehee

• Backroom

I agree promotion has to be the only target, but to expect us to be in the top two from the start and stay there all season is a little disingenuous.

Sure some seasons a team runs away with it but more often than not promoted teams will have spells out of the top two.

As long as we aren't out of reach or falling unrealistically behind that's ok. 

16 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Mowbray has had more money to spend than Hodgson, Kidd, Souness, Hughes, Allardyce & Kean ? 

Ah, not as clear as I thought. I was referring to those managers in the post I quoted - Kendal et al. 

My point was - although obviously not as clear as I thought - is that part of why TM gets 10 games this season is because of the relative resources he's had in putting together this team (a good wage and decent transfer budget compared to other teams in the division.) Part of my point was that Kendal and co didn't get this type of money/resources in comparison to their rivals, and so there is less expectation on seeing results  within a shorter period of time. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion doesnt change like the wind at all. 

When I said lets talk Football, i meant the matches and I am looking for to the start of the live football tonight. Expect a Derby win. 

I have already said I wouldnt set a specific target after so many games for Mowbray to be. 

Mowbray has set the expectations and aims for the season now let him get on with acheving them

hahahahahaha

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I reassessed my opinion.

There is no laws that say I cannot do this so get of my back and lets start talking football,

The chadometer in full swing yet again

Been a while since I posted due to personal issues,

my thoughts on targets we need to be hitting are 27wins 10 draws which gives us ( assuming TM wants 90 ), as much as I like TM and his comments over the first 10 games I think we should be looking at 6wins 2draws.

By the end of Dec we should be 50 points 15wins 5 draws.

we should fly this league but even if we do hit a few snags those are my expectations minimum .

1 minute ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Been a while since I posted due to personal issues,

my thoughts on targets we need to be hitting are 27wins 10 draws which gives us ( assuming TM wants 90 ), as much as I like TM and his comments over the first 10 games I think we should be looking at 6wins 2draws.

By the end of Dec we should be 50 points 15wins 5 draws.

we should fly this league but even if we do hit a few snags those are my expectations minimum .

To the point and well made, most importantly hoped the personal issues are sorted fella

21 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

The part in bold is certainly not true PB, if I see a well thought out and well argued post it can change my mind, I would think that would be the intelligent think to do.  Including yourself, there are some knowledgeable people on this board with interesting opinion and different points of view which can occasionally be enlightening.  Just yesterday Hasta responded to a point I made about Mulgrew and Lenihan being the best partnership in the league, he made a good point and I have reassessed my opinion (I was too hasty in writing that).  Of course it doesn't happen every day but we should always be open to it.   

I've seen JHR and Mike E make excellent points that some people really ought to take on board but that's only my opinion ;)

D o 1995, accusing Chaddy of flip flopping over this devalues the actual times he does IMO, his posts can sometimes annoy me but what has he said here?

Bottom half and TM in trouble, oh I have thought about it more and I'll give him the season... What's wrong with that?

For me BobF, Tom, DMTP have got it right, arbitrary targets aren't useful but objective analysis of the situation is.  We don't need to review after ten games, it should be continuous, but yeah if a couple of months go by and the team don't look good and results aren't great then the pressure will increase.  I really don't see us being that bad and as long as we don't lose touch with the top 6 by the end of the year then we have every chance.  By then we should have a decent idea of how TM is doing and whether we think he can take us up.  Promotion is a must though and not achieving it is failure.

You are probably right BWM if it's a good post & you don't agree with it you can always later reflect & change your mind it depends who has posted & the subject really. Some posters you will never agree with even under mind altering substances & hypnotherapy though.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15455825.Rovers_new_boy_Chapman_eager_to_work_with_Mowbray/?ref=mac

The only way is Mowbs:-

"He has five key points – we press the ball when we lose it high, we counter-attack, we stop counter-attacks, we control the game and we keep the ball on the floor – which is all what I enjoy football-wise, so it was good to hear,” said Chapman who was in the Boro academy when Mowbray was first team boss on Teesside.

56 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

To the point and well made, most importantly hoped the personal issues are sorted fella

Cheers mate, in short i was nearly killed last yr in a bike smash and still suffer both mentally n physically its a slow recovery process but Ill get there.

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Cheers mate, in short i was nearly killed last yr in a bike smash and still suffer both mentally n physically its a slow recovery process but Ill get there.

All the best with your recovery! Are you in touch with Jansen (or similar) at all? It helps the mental side of recovery to meet people who've experienced similar traumas.

Just now, Mike E said:

All the best with your recovery! Are you in touch with Jansen (or similar) at all? It helps the mental side of recovery to meet people who've experienced similar traumas.

Am not no but I did read his article a few months back and it really hit home. Thanks Mike.

16 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Am not no but I did read his article a few months back and it really hit home. Thanks Mike.

All the best man, my old man came through a smash a couple of decades ago and is still here nagging me - am sure you'll get there!

20 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15455825.Rovers_new_boy_Chapman_eager_to_work_with_Mowbray/?ref=mac

"He has five key points – we press the ball when we lose it high, we counter-attack, we stop counter-attacks, we control the game and we keep the ball on the floor – which is all what I enjoy football-wise, so it was good to hear,” said Chapman who was in the Boro academy when Mowbray was first team boss on Teesside.

Did we do any of those things yesterday ?

22 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So did phoney Tony play him in the Boro first team and how many games has he played for Middlesbrough ?

Archived