BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who will stay, who will leave?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see many going to be honest apart from Steele, Mahoney & mulgrew. The team mainly OC leadership over the course wasn't good enough for the championship. I believe TM has had reassurances that the nucleus of the squad will remain intact for at least 1 shot at bouncing back & if that is correct there's no reason why we won't get promoted at the first time of asking. I don't buy into there will be a mass exodus of players leaving yes some will that's inevitable following relegation. The core will stay & deserve TMs backing that there cut the mustard at this level anyhow.

3 hours ago, Earlydoors said:

It depends on the wages........I can't see Graham or Conway getting a higher wage in the Championship.

Expect the ones we want, to be in demand - Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew

If we can turn round the mentality of the squad to the point that they are confident of a title challenge then we probably don't need to bring many in.

I'd like to see 2 or 3 hungry players from League 2 plus 2 or 3 step up from the Academy

plus the old pro's believing and playing for Mowbray

Surely you want hungry players from League 1?

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well this thread was NEVER  going to turn into a negative moan fest....:rolleyes:

I will sum up how it will go

Who is staying-Nobody, not even the cleaners

Who is leaving-Everybody, even the cleaners 

Not so quick sir. They've found the money and re-hired the cleaners. Operation  'jet wash' is back on in the stands of Ewood.

The 'beauty' of zero-hours contracts.

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

Surely you want hungry players from League 1?

I don't think we could afford them

I'm thinking more like Barkhuizen who went from Morecambe to PNE

Unfortunately i don't think TM (and we have no scouting network) have knowledge of L2

I think that it'll be a real battle between wages vs quality this summer. Quality wise I can see Lenihan, Graham and Mulgrew being wanted, but with the latter two there are real question marks over whether anyone can afford their wages. I guess it depends if we decide to ask for no fees in order to facilitate the sales (there's a cheery thought...) 

Then there's players like Stokes, Evans and Steele - none of whom I rate (well ok Stokes maybe a bit) and who I am certain won't get offers like the contracts they're on at Rovers, so we're stuck with them. Conway I like, even though his legs are shot, and probably falls into this category of too expensive to shift - but may actually contribute something. (Perhaps Stokes could with the right management too but I'm less convinced on this...) 

As for the youngsters - there'll be on cheap contracts and stay to show success. 

The good news is TM wants experienced players which can only help us. If only he didn't have to deal with Venkys idea of funding I'd be a lot less worried about who stays and goes, as I feel TM would make the right call on a lot of these players. 

On 3 June 2017 at 10:14, Lancaster Rover said:

Barkhuizen went to North End for a wedge of cash, a big wedge. It was done outside the window to enable morecambe to bring some cash in to stay afloat. Don't think it was a free deal, far from it. He's on a good chunk at PNE too

About 50 k but PNE payed wages for a month to morecambe players through Mcguigan whilst he went through courts over the shares issue with ex agent and missing owner Diego Lemos

The inertia at the club is entirely predictable, but as harmful as ever.

While our rivals have already published their list of released players, and are half-way ready for next season, Rovers have no one at the helm so nothing will happen until the season is upon us. 

A crazy situation but it’s becoming an annual event! 

Just now, arbitro said:

Does anybody know when the players report back for pre season?

I think the outgoing players are contracted until July 1st so I can't see much movement before then.

In the interview with Venus on the official site today it says the players are due back at Brockhall at the "end of the month" wasn't any more specific about the date. Early predictions are Stokes will still be on the lash somewhere and Evans will still be "injured"!

On 6/6/2017 at 17:02, arbitro said:

Does anybody know when the players report back for pre season?

I think the outgoing players are contracted until July 1st so I can't see much movement before then.

Could be 26th June? 

It would give us 6 weeks Pre season

59 minutes ago, JAL said:

Lets hope they can get rid of the useless pudding that is Ryan Nyambe who can't defend cant head and isn't very good in attack and keep hold of young Lenihan. 

Personally rate Nyambe and the thought of bringing someone through, blooding them with some success then binning them off seems ridiculous in a normal situation, never mind this one, we've dropped like a stone and rely on a small, young squad, choc full of loans to survive. 

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Personally rate Nyambe and the thought of bringing someone through, blooding them with some success then binning them off seems ridiculous in a normal situation, never mind this one, we've dropped like a stone and rely on a small, young squad, choc full of loans to survive. 

Same here. 

Think Jal is upset or doesnt like him cos of his agent. Agents are part of football sadly. 

For Me, Nyambe has come on alot under Mowbray and he has got better every game under him. 

Archived