BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see that Nuttall fellow. I can't see why not give him a chance. Surely no one of our current strikers has cemented their starting place.

Other than that I'd like to field those 9 men who will be ready to fight for every ball with their heart, and feel proud doing so in our blue and white shirt.

Just now, Hasta said:

Tony, if you are reading this I will keep it simple for you.

Play Bradley Dack

Play Harry Chapman.

Play all other players you pick in their correct positions.

Simple.

Also, play Nuttall !!!

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

or the same players who created chances after chances and with Samuel up front to put them away

would 2 left footed centre back work? 

2 changes. Downing and Samuel

When Norway played Northern Ireland last week, both CB's were right footed. Worked out fine. I think they also have played with two left footed if I remember correctly.

And Inter Milan with Marco Materazzi, Christian Chivu and Walter Samuel. I think they played togheter as well.

If two right footed CBs can play together (which is very common) - why cant two left footed? Sounds like nonsense from Chaddy to me and he cant say anything other than 'tell me two left footed CBs that have played together'. Which, seeing as there are 5 times more right footed players than left footed players - obviously its going to be harder to find many. It does happen though and I cannot see any difference between either.

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

If two right footed CBs can play together (which is very common) - why cant two left footed? Sounds like nonsense from Chaddy to me and he cant say anything other than 'tell me two left footed CBs that have played together'. Which, seeing as there are 5 times more right footed players than left footed players - obviously its going to be harder to find many. It does happen though and I cannot see any difference between either.

My slant on this is that for a reason I can't give an explanation for most left footed players seem to be much more "one footed " than right footed players.  So a left footed player wouldn't be as comfortable playing as the right side centre back in a back four or back three as a right footer. I think that's what Chaddy is getting at. 

Of course all players should be perfectly capable of passing, running with the ball, tackling etc off either foot but the thing is they aren't. Lots of modern players favour one foot and really struggle if called upon to put in a crunching tackle on their " wrong " side etc. I find it unforgivable, becoming two footed requires practice, practice, practice but any player should be capable of that.

Therefore an ideal pairing is a right footer and a left footer at the centre of the back four.

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I really don't think it matters too much whether the partners are left or right footed. The bottom line is are they good enough. The best centre backs read the game to get them in the best positions and aren't handicapped by being left or right footed.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My slant on this is that for a reason I can't give an explanation for most left footed players seem to be much more "one footed " than right footed players.  So a left footed player wouldn't be as comfortable playing as the right side centre back in a back four or back three as a right footer. I think that's what Chaddy is getting at.

This might be true on the whole but Scott Wharton is very two footed. I'm sure Chaddy knows this, so saying him and Mulgrew can't play together is strange from him.

14 hours ago, Lihamylly said:

I'd like to see that Nuttall fellow. I can't see why not give him a chance. Surely no one of our current strikers has cemented their starting place.

Other than that I'd like to field those 9 men who will be ready to fight for every ball with their heart, and feel proud doing so in our blue and white shirt.

Quite a few of us would, sadly it seems Mr Mowbary is not so interested in giving our yiung uns a go.  He's almist said as much, is it any wonder the first teamers are so nonchalant.  They know non of iur yiung lads are going to displace em.  See if it was me I'd have at least a couple on the bench just to keep the ones lording it on their toes.  Not gonna happen though is, our most exciting players can't get past the subs bench.  Poor poor man management and a sure fire way to demotivate ALL of them IMHO.

Just now, Tom said:

Mowbray just basically confirmed he's not even considering giving Nuttall a chance

http://audioboom.com/posts/6409299-

There are clearly issues that don't involve the progression of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. I don't just mean with Joe Nuttall either.

Who really are pulling the strings at Ewood? nothing ever makes any sense.

Just now, Tom said:

Yeah heaven forbid we try a lad full of confidence (or he was before hearing that) over non scoring strikers 

Somebody who Tony may not be too keen on could be due a few quid if Nuttall appears in the first team, heaven forbid if he bagged a few!

On Nuttall there must be some good reasons for not playing him. Like: 

- Well U23 standard isn't very good, at best it's league 1/league 2 standard. 

- It's a bit of  a flash in the pan just a few games he's bagged a few in.

- We've got lots of other strikers on the books, plenty of options/combinations to try.  

- Our current strikers are scoring for fun. 

- He's tied down to a long term deal, so we can take it slowly to introduce him. 

As for the game. I think that we're due our good performance. We're consistently inconsistent, and given we've served up a shower and a do everything not to hit the target in our last 2 performances, and with the pressure mounting, I imagine we'll put in a good performance and get a win. 

Archived