BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gav said:

If we play like we did on Tuesday we'll wipe the floor with most teams that come to Ewood for the rest of the season, but we need consistency, and that's what you don't get with 3rd division players unfortunately, or they'd not be in 3rd division. 

Rovers 3 Portsmouth 1 (If we've got those shooting boots on) 

Your prediction, BUNKUM.?

A few years ago Jackett brought Millwall to Ewood and they beat us 2-0. A certain Chris Taylor ran us ragged and was their star man. Where is he now?

Anyway, I have lost all confidence in the players and the manager. Managers who are too scared to play a good youngster usually rue that fact once they have been sacked. I'd like to see a lot more of Wharton, Nuttall, Travis and Tomlinson.

It will be another dire performance. Not looking forward to it but still going. We may scrape draw.

Asked about this weekend's opponents, the 24-year-old says he's expecting another tough test, and believes every player in the Rovers squad will have a part to play in 2017-18. “Portsmouth are coming to Blackburn Rovers, a massive club," he added. Their players will be thinking ‘I have to play well and maybe I’ll have a chance to move to this club’. That’s what I’d be thinking"

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/october/williams-confident-of-successful-season/

I think they're all on drugs at Brockhall. And not performance-enhancing ones.

"Definitely more expansive,” Mowbray said when asked about the expected gameplan from Kenny Jackett’s side. "They won’t come and do what Plymouth did.They have got some good technical footballers, they have some individuality and they will come and make it a football match which could be good for us"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15610505._It_could_be_good_for_us____Rovers_boss_believes_a_positive_Portsmouth_approach_could_be_beneficial__to_his_side/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

They sound impressive! We've played some bloody good teams this season in Tony's head.

I think this 'massive club' thing is a real issue amongst our players a lot of them seem just happy to be here and well payed just to turn out for this massive club and sit in that comfort zone waiting for something to happen because that's what's supposed to happen at massive clubs, missing the point they have to make it happen ! 

They need a few characters in the dressing room and a manager who can put a rocket under them saying you'll be out of this massive club unless you justify being here. It won't all take off unless collectively they make it take off.

They are basking in being here then using the weight of expectation excuse to hide behind. Two things I thought Mowbray would bring, a new attitude and new midfield philosophy. Failed on both counts so far it's been a complete case of 'as you where' although the team is far more solid than anything Coyle could turn out although it might not always look that way.

They really need to be on it tomorrow otherwise it'll be a rough day.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

"Definitely more expansive,” Mowbray said when asked about the expected gameplan from Kenny Jackett’s side. "They won’t come and do what Plymouth did.They have got some good technical footballers, they have some individuality and they will come and make it a football match which could be good for us"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15610505._It_could_be_good_for_us____Rovers_boss_believes_a_positive_Portsmouth_approach_could_be_beneficial__to_his_side/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

They sound impressive! We've played some bloody good teams this season in Tony's head.

Says it all really. Mowbray is a purist who wants the game played “the right way”. The trouble is, that doesn’t always mean winning games at this level.

I’m going to predict (and hopefully be wrong) that we will not be promoted from L1 Under Mowbray.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Symbolically yes, but it's actually the same bloke. Antiquarian book dealer by day, bell-donging dreadlocked super fan on a Saturday/Tuesday night.

Amazed his elbows haven't given out yet.

13 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I expect a very flat performance tomorrow, first serious effort on goal will be in the 78th minute.

Rovers 0 Portsmouth 2 (Pitman 12, 86)

Attendance 11067

The best games tend to be the ones you least expect as your expectations have already been lowered before you've entered the ground. 

Archived