BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mercer said:

I am no longer sure that Mowbray selects the team - I flagged this on Tuesday night.

Some of his decisions, in my view, are baffling for a so called football man.

Based on absolutely nothing this.

Everything points to poor management, not another one of your conspiracies.

And yes I'm aware of the past.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Based on absolutely nothing this.

Everything points to poor management, not another one of your conspiracies.

And yes I'm aware of the past.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

If Mowbray has sole responsibility for football affairs at Rovers then in my view the task is too big for him and way beyond his current abilities.  I think his management is irrational, erratic and way below scratch level.

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I am no longer sure that Mowbray selects the team - I flagged this on Tuesday night.

Some of his decisions, in my view, are baffling for a so called football man.

Another recurrent theme and absolutely the one and only guy who seemed to buck that trend was Lambert and look how long it took him to suss the way things are at Rovers, not long.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Dack Conway

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Wharton, Evans, Antonsson, Bennett, Nuttall, Samuel

No Nyambe, Gladwin or Ward in the squad.

That’s a good shout,but you know it won’t be,lol.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Dack Conway

Graham

Why on earth would you pick Graham? He's in the Ward category for me. Avoid at all costs. 

Sure Tony won't think like that though. Must have been ordered to pick him by Craig and Elliott.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Dack Conway

Graham

Would strongly be against Conway starting, Oldham proved to me what I've thought for a while that he's in a terminal decline. He is still a good pro but he's so one paced and his delivery from wide has been really poor for a long time.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Nobody mentioned the Bennett family clash with younger brother in the pompey colours tomorrow.

Should be another home win but can the three inefficient English management team in our dugout deliver the desired result ?

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Would strongly be against Conway starting, Oldham proved to me what I've thought for a while that he's in a terminal decline. He is still a good pro but he's so one paced and his delivery from wide has been really poor for a long time.

Conway's gone. If Mowbray doesn't play Chapman tomorrow he needs to give his head a wobble.

I can see Jackett getting one on us. Unfortunately, you can see and feel that our team is shot of confidence and I really believe we need a break in our luck. We need to start on the front foot from the and for the game tomorrow I would play some hardworking players and go with the following. 

------------------Raya--------------

Caddis--Downing--Mulgrew--Hart

--------Smallwood---Dack

Chapman--Bennett------Conway

------------Samuel-----------------

12 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I can see Jackett getting one on us. Unfortunately, you can see and feel that our team is shot of confidence and I really believe we need a break in our luck. We need to start on the front foot from the and for the game tomorrow I would play some hardworking players and go with the following. 

------------------Raya--------------

Caddis--Downing--Mulgrew--Hart

--------Smallwood---Dack

Chapman--Bennett------Conway

------------Samuel-----------------

Surly dack plays where Bennett is. Even with that 11. Have you seen Hart play . Don't worry I know the answer 

If we play like we did on Tuesday we'll wipe the floor with most teams that come to Ewood for the rest of the season, but we need consistency, and that's what you don't get with 3rd division players unfortunately, or they'd not be in 3rd division. 

Rovers 3 Portsmouth 1 (If we've got those shooting boots on) 

Unless Mowbray has changed his opinion on Chapman which he gave at the consultation meeting then he won't be starting tomorrow, but he'll be on the bench.

Re Nuttall I saw nothing to suggest he's ready for the first team in his 30 minute sub appearance against Bury. OK, it was only 30 minutes and it was a dreadful team performance but it would not have been hard for the lad to have looked a world beater given how the rest were playing that night and he looked distinctly ordinary.

7 hours ago, JAL said:

Nobody mentioned the Bennett family clash with younger brother in the pompey colours tomorrow.

Should be another home win but can the three inefficient English management team in our dugout deliver the desired result ?

It's mentioned in the opening post of this topic.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

If we play like we did on Tuesday we'll wipe the floor with most teams that come to Ewood for the rest of the season, but we need consistency, and that's what you don't get with 3rd division players unfortunately, or they'd not be in 3rd division. 

Rovers 3 Portsmouth 1 (If we've got those shooting boots on) 

Wigan and Shrewsbury are very consistent with their 3rd division players.

• Backroom

Nuttall starts for the under 23's tonight so won't feature, Hart and Harper both start too so Rich Sharpe thinks Downing and Evans may be back 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wigan and Shrewsbury are very consistent with their 3rd division players.

Shrewsbury are consistently in league 1/2 yes.

Took Sheff Utd 6 seasons to go up, so what's your point?

• Backroom

Going for a 3-1 tomorrow, think if we get a goal in the first half an hour we'll more often than not be comfortable at home.

Dack looks like being our main man we just need to get Graham or Samuel consistently performing with his.

Personally I would go for Samuel, he and Dack seem close off the pitch and played together before, if they can strike a partnership it could be the catalyst to us pushing on

Archived