BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Another win, which is all that matters right now. 

Indeed and that includes worrying about the other results. Sounds like 2nd half in particular was a grind to watch but hardly seems like the lead was threatened. Worse, better or same level of performance as the Charlton game?

Just over 15,000 attendance. That's about the maximum I expected.

2 hours ago, Lihamylly said:

Confident about the lineup.

I'll take 3 points today while Wigan and Shrews share points at Wigan.

COYB!!!

Thank you. :)

I think Shrews will slump and westill have game against Wigan.

I think these were very good results for us.

Just now, Lihamylly said:

Thank you. :)

I think Shrews will slump and westill have game against Wigan.

I think these were very good results for us.

Was important we won with those two playing each other. Any result would have benefitted us really but I guess the draw would have been the preferable one.

Never seen us win 2-0 and play so poorly. Rochdale were unbelievably bad. Dack was the best player on the pitch by a million miles. They gave us two goals.

Apart from Dack, Nyambe had a good game. I was impressed by Graham's running even if his quality was poor. Mulgrew and Downing were solid enough.

Tomlinson was very poor till the last 10 mins. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him. Everyone else bang average or poor.

Tactically it was pretty depressing to be playing the worst team I have ever seen at Ewood, yet decide on 60 mins to drop Dack into midfield, and Smallwood just in front of the defence.

I don't get to see Rovers live too often. On the basis of that I can't say Im too confident we will keep the run going. But then it has been 12 games since our loss, so what do I know.

Dack the main difference between the teams as so many times this season. 

Rovers must hope he doesn't get injured - without him we offer very little. 

We were poor again. There's not alot of quality and better class players are needed in the transfer window.

Why supporters rave about Tomlinson beats me. 

Dacks the man. He took a knock early in second half but ran it off. His quality ball control in the area almost produce a George Best style 3rd.

2 0 is brilliant because Rochdale had a lot of possession but did nothing on our goal. Mulgrew kept the back together and showed how to score from the spot. Good crowd of 15,115.

Another win,another three points in the bag towards promotion...job done.

Not a bad turn out of 15,000, shame the fans only came alive last 10 minutes or so though.Dack Rovers standout player and rightfully mom.

BUT.....

Let's be brutally honest here,that side will need major rebuilding on the back of a promotion...they would be found wanting against most Championship sides.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!:brfc:

38 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Pleased to see 3 points 

I certainly am @Vinjay17 in fact I dare to dream. No need for the confusion smiley, the longer we march successfully the quicker we take the next step and hopefully the one after that which is where we need to be. I'm a critic of Mowbray but boy he's delivering as he should be right now and what was expected at the start of the season. I don't think he's right long term I think he's outdated but he's evidently deserved recently a continued crack at this and like Bowyer I appreciate and respect anyone sincere and hardworking but most of all honest, we don't get that at rovers much anymore. We've been pillaged and abused but I just see a smidge of proudness, we've by all accounts not played well today but we've grafted from what I'm told and that wasn't there a year ago under Coyle, we sound like we've pressed and wanted it bar brief spells under Bowyer again it's something we've not seen regularly since Allardyce.

Sounded a shite game but credit to those who went today (everyone) allot out of tradition, some who's sat through this reign of destruction and continued spiral but finally we look like we've a bit of steel for at least this season, I hope we put our heads down going into the second half this season and just show the rest we are on our way back in some form, a bit of pride and passion which for me is one of the reason I stopped home games. Players, staff, owners, managers and even fans had given up but I just hope we can rally round 2nd half this season, I hope we keep tight, keep the media stream videos of players singing on the way in to training and just foster the honesty, bit of fan relation which has been missing.

We've got to go up this year, we've standards and we need to believe in those and not fall again, we can go up, we need to not get carried away but take each game one by one looking to win each one. Study them, work hard and win against any opposition, We need the spirit in the camp to stay as it is, evidently we are slowly ditching the loser mentality which has plagued us for years. We need to finish the job professionally as at the minute it's less than half done but there is hope. Sod the owners, the agents, the FA and those who could and should have helped we could have dropped another league this season or not turned up again this year and stayed first gear but we have turned up and now we need to find another gear and get this club back up to a division higher at least.

Still allot wrong at this club, we go up we need major investment and I don't think it'll ever happen or we will be straight down as that league is getting tougher and tougher but I read Mowbrays interview mid week and it seems to suggest each player worthy of a bid monetary wise has to be explained and researched with a brief report sent (Probs sell on factor!) but it was just for me a small step which I noticed that we now appear to be doing right. Six years ago Kentaro and SEM were running the enterprise under a confidential agreement. 

I'm not saying anything a changed I certainly don't want the owners here but pleased to see another 3 points?! You bet!

look at this blog - https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/news/18346/hall-right-now-revealed--the-true-story-behind-ali-al-faraj

We are on our bottoms but that just shows it could get worse.

Dack obviously scoring goals and looking up for it etc but some of his passing the last few games has been very poor. Not a championship standard player yet. I know ill get slated now but just what ive seen. Not just him the whole teams standard of passing is very poor. However thats why we are league 1.

Just now, AAK said:

Dack obviously scoring goals and looking up for it etc but some of his passing the last few games has been very poor. Not a championship standard player yet. I know ill get slated now but just what ive seen. Not just him the whole teams standard of passing is very poor. 

Team is poor. I made the point over Downing that players coming in need a look round Rovers. It must be like winning the lottery with our facilities but don't just train in them, use them to be the players you can be. 

Very few at this level will have that luxuary of using what we've got, Blackpool are still on a public park squires gate with portakabins.

Just now, AAK said:

Dack obviously scoring goals and looking up for it etc but some of his passing the last few games has been very poor. Not a championship standard player yet. I know ill get slated now but just what ive seen. Not just him the whole teams standard of passing is very poor. However thats why we are league 1.

Running off the ball is worse that the passing in my opinion, one of the reasons the passing is so bad. We are not a well coached team I don't care what anyone says.

Don't disagree about Dack being the difference just that Williams played well start to finish (1 mistimed tackle aside).

Can see that we are dodgy on corners and crosses - luckily they didn't have anyone at the back post either...

Not a good game but we at least put the effort in start to finish - something that we have longed for during the last few years!

34 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Never seen us win 2-0 and play so poorly. Rochdale were unbelievably bad. Dack was the best player on the pitch by a million miles. They gave us two goals.

Apart from Dack, Nyambe had a good game. I was impressed by Graham's running even if his quality was poor. Mulgrew and Downing were solid enough.

Tomlinson was very poor till the last 10 mins. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him. Everyone else bang average or poor.

Tactically it was pretty depressing to be playing the worst team I have ever seen at Ewood, yet decide on 60 mins to drop Dack into midfield, and Smallwood just in front of the defence.

I don't get to see Rovers live too often. On the basis of that I can't say Im too confident we will keep the run going. But then it has been 12 games since our loss, so what do I know.

Tomlinson looked like he’d been on the mince pies. I’ve never seen him play before- is he usually that slow?

1 hour ago, Miker said:

Nuttall really improves the team when he's on. I suspect Graham might be off next month if we can get some money for him.

Oh I do hope you’re wrong. I don’t think Nuttall contributed anything today and he’s certainly not a player able to defend from the front or provide an outlet when we are under pressure. 

He’s promising but has a long, long way to go yet. 

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Excellent Post Dunnfc,my thoughts and feelings exactly.

We've been basically humiliated these last Seven years,despite the tits from Pune still being here any ray of sunshine around this club is most welcome.

Thanks SG, appreciated.

Football isn't one of those things anymore in which fans can effect directly everyday or in a snappy small bit of time, you can through measured, planned or long term initives though. 

Today clubs in general are commodities, show pieces and trophies, tax avoidance vehicles, branding excercises, money laundering vehicles, people talk about Gibson at M'boro but the price he pays for promotion means his haulage companies profits set off the clubs loss, a tax reason, a FFP gateway but also the cost of running a club today. As Rovers fans we've just got to embrace and enjoy our sunnier days! For me that's what I like about league one the football from us or others is pish, some stadiums wooden seats/benches and you lose your feeling in your leg! But you know it's honest, never been to Scunthorpe or Gigg Lane in Bury before etc but the people you meet for a H/T cig are usually sober locals and great not lads on a booze up.

So after I stop working away in Humber, Grimsby and get back home in February hopefully,  I'm going to catch a few home games for the first time in a long while. For me it's not the football I'll be back for and I'm to busy every home game but I enjoy catching up with guys and having a few beers, supporting Rovers meeting fans groups have allowed me to meet some great people. It's also some free time to myself but any protest or action il be still there, I learnt allot with guys especially Man Utd last year the WMC group a mix and collaborative force of fans groups both boycotting and attending, everyone a Rover and very great people to have met.

I boycotted Utd and watched in the pub nearby handed out red cards before the game whilst at the time I was working in Watford and coming straight up and back down. 

16 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Tomlinson looked like he’d been on the mince pies. I’ve never seen him play before- is he usually that slow?

Slow of movement and slow up top too. And he's not a very good passer. Still young but not a fan of what I've seen so far. 

Archived