BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Oh I do hope you’re wrong. I don’t think Nuttall contributed anything today and he’s certainly not a player able to defend from the front or provide an outlet when we are under pressure. 

He’s promising but has a long, long way to go yet. 

Strikers whi score goals need regular runs in games. If they're scoring you keep them in. I'd be interested to see how many strikers miss a game as they'd not scored in the last compared to those who play constantly and what the return rate is over a season.

We saw with Rhodes and Gestede strikers who'd hit a run of form and stutter a game or two and pick it up again. 

Not saying it's a case with Nuttall as such but you'd expect less rotation with Graham, Samuel as I couldn't name our most staple impotent striker this year due to the swapping. We've not got a player up top who you'd say "I hope he's dropped" about.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM on radio lancs saying mulgrew and three or four others struggling with illness so got to take that into consideration. 

Firstly Rayas kicking has improved immensely and I feel we may have a good un on our hands with him. Really like what I'm seeing

I thought the full backs where good today , particularly Williams who didn't put a foot wrong. Nyambe got forward alot more and defended well. Much improved performance, the best I've seen in a rovers shirt.

Mulgrew was his usually cool, calm , composed self and took his penalty well and downing was mom Imo . Won every header, covered well , passing was ok and was first to every ball.

Evans was piss poor. Awful. I really don't understand what he is good at . Another Lowe . I'm going to assume he was one of the ill ones because that was not an acceptable performance.

Bennett had a poor first half an hour but came into the game doing what Bennett does best which is work hard and win the ball. Did excellent to win the penalty but he really needs to work on his delivery into the box. Rarely beats the first man and considering he isn't very creative and plays attacking mid he needs to be able to deliver a cross.

Tomlinson and nuttall looked every bit the u23 players they are today but glad to see them getting game time when in reality rochdale where no threat going forward and we where two up.

Antonsson was anonymous. Weak on the ball and the game passed him by.

Dack was superb as usual. The way he uses his body to hold up the ball or turn his man is a joy to watch. Good range of passing , creative . Top player

Graham didn't win much in the air and balls where rarely played into feet. He ran around but alot like antonnson wasn't really involved as much as he should of been.

And finally TM. Thought he picked the right starting line up and made the correct subs at the correct time which when putting all of the above into consideration leaves me baffled as to how we where so shit :lol:

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Slow of movement and slow up top too. And he's not a very good passer. Still young but not a fan of what I've seen so far. 

Just seen a few videos, is this the lad where I think we playedWigan home friendly and banged in a screamer under Bowyer? He looks to take an extra touch ATM, do you think his laxness or mentality speed is due to the pace of the u-23s compared to L1 and a case of acclimatising or because he's from Burnley? ;) Technically I've not seen anything to suggest he's a ball player type one to ping it but he looks a tackler, sideways passer type. Like a Corry Evans (water carrier) if you will but effective. Some good highlights of reserve games with YouTube those who like to see these things. 

We were happy with the win and clean sheet but we were poor once again with several players barely reaching mediocrity. In fairness Keith Hill didn't play all defensively as many of us predicted and had some decent periods of possession and pressure. Corry Evans was frankly embarrassing today. Caught in possession several times, letting his man get goal side and sloppy in his passing. I was disappointed with Nuttall too who had a chance to impress with his mobility after replacing the lethargic Graham. He looked like he was sulking to me. Smallwood looks tired and got his obligatory yellow card and the delivery from wide areas was poor. Thankfully our back four contained probably three of our best players otherwise we could once again be bemoaning dropped points. Dack is streets ahead of anything else from a creative perspective and as somebody else pointed out heaven help us if he gets injured.

Mowbray has said he is happy and it's difficult not to be given our recent results but as regular watchers will confirm we just are not playing well and just doing enough.

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Evans was piss poor. Awful. I really don't understand what he is good at . Another Lowe . I'm going to assume he was one of the ill ones because that was not an acceptable performance.

J-Lo isn't even getting on the bench at rock bottom big club despite being fit again. A good job for him he made his millions stinking Ewood out week after week before his inevitable drop into his natural non-league level.

Absolutely rubbish performance, but we can move on having made points on Wigan, Shrewsbury and Bradford.

That said, a repeat on Saturday and we will get beat. Rochdale surely certain for the drop.

Mulgrew was man of the match for me, heading everything away, blocking, composed on the ball, leading, and scoring the penalty.

Amazed that Dack got man of the match, thought bar that brilliant run he was poor, kept making poor decisions, but he is by far our best attacking player and you can tell that.

Evans and Tomlinson when he replaced him both had shockers, along with Antonsson. Would start Whittingham by process of elimination on Saturday, we badly need someone like a Chapman at the beginning of Jan. Smallwood was really poor aswell and rash at times on a yellow.

Not a fan of Nyambe but credit where its due, he was good today. I thought better than Williams.

Nuttall I thought was really poor as well, and a bit petulant.

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Slow of movement and slow up top too. And he's not a very good passer. Still young but not a fan of what I've seen so far. 

Hoofed when required instead of losing it (a la Evans) showing some awareness at least. No better or worse than anyone else passing wise (today) imo

54 minutes ago, LDRover said:

J-Lo isn't even getting on the bench at rock bottom big club despite being fit again. A good job for him he made his millions stinking Ewood out week after week before his inevitable drop into his natural non-league level.

Tbf Lowe is just back from a torn hamstring he sustained 5 minutes into his debut

28 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Having lost Chapman, to get to the window in the position we are in is little short of a miracle.  The team has zero pace, no height up front and Dack aside, little creativity.

A good window required!

I agree with you 100% but how many in this  league have pace , creativity and height up front ????

I have seen Shrewsbury and they don't !

very good 3 points despite not the performance. 12 games unbeaten run

But Having Mulgrew and Bennett back I was confident of the win before the game. 

strange game where we struggled for 1st 20 min but as soon as we scored I was very confident of the win. 

Mulgrew's pen was very good and keeper no chance of saving it. 

Second half we set back and no point I felt we wouldn't get the 3 points despite them having 2 good efforts on goal. 

Nuttall almost scored But Dack show his class with his skill and beating 4 or 5 man in one run. link the play but him and Graham didnt played well together. But Dack deserved his MOTM award

Nuttall was left isolated up front cos Dack dropped very deep. But still have 2 chances. Need more support

Evans was truly awful and rightly replaced by Tomlinson. did ok. 

3 or 4 players weren't well today but played and got us the points

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!!! :brfc:

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Performances are getting worse to be honest. If it weren't for the good results the knives would be out for Mowbray

said its results that wins games not performances. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely rubbish performance, but we can move on having made points on Wigan, Shrewsbury and Bradford.

That said, a repeat on Saturday and we will get beat. Rochdale surely certain for the drop.

Mulgrew was man of the match for me, heading everything away, blocking, composed on the ball, leading, and scoring the penalty.

Amazed that Dack got man of the match, thought bar that brilliant run he was poor, kept making poor decisions, but he is by far our best attacking player and you can tell that.

Evans and Tomlinson when he replaced him both had shockers, along with Antonsson. Would start Whittingham by process of elimination on Saturday, we badly need someone like a Chapman at the beginning of Jan. Smallwood was really poor aswell and rash at times on a yellow.

Not a fan of Nyambe but credit where its due, he was good today. I thought better than Williams.

Nuttall I thought was really poor as well, and a bit petulant.

Whittingham was awful on Saturday and his performsnces haven't been good enough all season tbh. 

I would play Smallwood and Tomlinson with Nuttall up front and Dack in the 10 role. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good 3 points despite not the performance. 12 games unbeaten run

But Having Mulgrew and Bennett back I was confident of the win before the game. 

strange game where we struggled for 1st 20 min but as soon as we scored I was very confident of the win. 

Mulgrew's pen was very good and keeper no chance of saving it. 

Second half we set back and no point I felt we wouldn't get the 3 points despite them having 2 good efforts on goal. 

Nuttall almost scored But Dack show his class with his skill and beating 4 or 5 man in one run. link the play but him and Graham didnt played well together. But Dack deserved his MOTM award

Nuttall was left isolated up front cos Dack dropped very deep. But still have 2 chances. Need more support

Evans was truly awful and rightly replaced by Tomlinson. did ok. 

3 or 4 players weren't well today but played and got us the points

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!!! :brfc:

Chaddy are we missing an enforcer type? The sort of player to get a bit physical and get a bit of control in the game?

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Chaddy are we missing an enforcer type? The sort of player to get a bit physical and get a bit of control in the game?

Smallwood is the enforcer but Evans was shocking poor and didn't tackle, pass or look interest. 

we need a centre midfielder next to Smallwood who can get forward and score goals but be defensively good. 

for me, we need a pacey winger mostly

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Ricky said:

2 points off second and 5 off top going into a real test on the weekend. Scunny are flying at the moment and will offer a lot more than Rochdale.

Just the one point from 2nd and a superior goal difference 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just the one point from 2nd and a superior goal difference 

Ignore it (I bit earlier), whether it's one or five points we've got our own game with Scunthorpe  to concentrate on. We are thoroughly capable of winning and only 3 points will do.

siege mentality ;) we are at home to so I think il be going to this one!

Tomlinson is nowhere near I'm afraid. Very poor against a very poor and fatigued team.  

Nyambe found himself on the same side as possibly the worst player I've seen for a long time. Joe Bunney..God knows how he makes a living from the game. Useless in every way.  Nyambe had one of his better days due to this reason 

Archived