BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham V Rovers

Kamy100

Thought our lads were running on empty towards the end on Saturday.

Rotherham are in good form, and are the highest scoring home team in the league.

With Wigan and Shrewsbury having very nice fixtures i feel we have to win here after dropping 2 points on sat.

I do fear this will be one game too far for us though.

Rotherham 2 Rovers 0

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rotherham are in good form, and are the highest scoring home team in the league.

With Wigan and Shrewsbury having very nice fixtures i feel we have to win here after dropping 2 points on sat.

I do fear this will be one game too far for us though.

Rotherham 2 Rovers 0

I have a similar feeling. Hope we are wrong 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Me too. Bench isn't good enough to make a difference and the team needs refreshing with new signings. January business needs to be done sooner rather than later. 

Another 1-1 at best today

The only certainty about today is that it's going to be another tough game. We played really well in the early period of the corresponding match at Ewood but couldn't sustain that and nearly let them back in. We need more than the usual five or six playing well to get something today with Wigan and Shrewsbury having (on paper) easier matches. If we don't perform and get a result we could be in a worse position than before the Christmas and New Year fixtures.

17 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Is there any public transport tomorrow? That will effect turnout.

Today is a 6 train day...!!

Looking forward to the game, see someone already used my NY at NY pun - well in.

I could see us bagging a few today, especially considering the form we’ve had away. I’m not sure about Rotherham, but I think they’ll miss their top scorer; Kiefer Moore.

1-3 (Dack double, Nuttall late on)

Well Nyambe been dropped, right decision, he can't defend and we will need a defender against this attacking side, Caddis isn't the best either, but a better defender.  EDIT Seems he has a slight knock, but he's on bench, still I think Caddis does a better job defensively.

• Backroom

Nymabe and Whittingham were 2 of the 3 best players on Saturday, shame they don't make the team but it shows the squad is stretched at the moment with injuries etc.

Got to rest a load for the cup at weekend 

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

Well Nyambe been dropped, right decision, he can't defend and we will need a defender against this attacking side, Caddis isnt the best either, but a better defender.  EDIT Seems he has a slight knock, but he's on bench, still I am happy he's not playing.

Your happy he isn't playing after his best game of the season?

Just now, islander200 said:

Your happy he isn't playing after his best game of the season?

He isn't a good footballer, simple as that. Can't cross, turns back with the ball at every opportunity and let's wingers cross at will. Don't rate him. I wanted to give him a chance earlier on in the season when caddis was playing, but after seeing him for 15 or so games, I think he is a pretty poor player, and I agree with JAL on this one.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nymabe and Whittingham were 2 of the 3 best players on Saturday, shame they don't make the team but it shows the squad is stretched at the moment with injuries etc.

Got to rest a load for the cup at weekend 

Perception is such a strange thing, I thought they were both wasteful and poor.

I know some people think that Nyambe had a good game last week and I am an idiot for thinking he isn't that great, so to cheer you up, here is our first signing of the window, not good enough really

ozil.jpg

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Did you miss Nyambe's clever dinked cross for Graham's opener on Saturday?

One cross out of 15 games, so what? I know we don't agree on this one, and if he turns out to be a match winner in the second half of the season, I will be the first to apologise

Archived