SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham V Rovers

Kamy100

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Disappointed result but its a point. 

21 games and plenty to play for. 

Need a couple of signings before next league game. 

Not a fan of Ward coming on. Would have brought on Whittingham or Tomlinson. 

But I still Mowbray to get us promote

Not a criticism but on what basis are you confident of him getting us promoted? He hasn't yet broke us into the top 2 and when we get close it seems our bottle goes 

I certainly wouldn't back us in the play offs 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat Shrewsbury next game and we’re two points off automatic. It’s a long season and we’re all pissed off at the past few days but these knee jerk reactions aren’t going to help any @#/?. Plenty of time yet.

We do need signings though, who we sign this window could be the difference between going up or not.

Just now, AAK said:

If Shrewsbury beat us and we go 8 behind do peoole think thats that? Depends who we sign imo

And if we beat then its 2 points. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray has to take full responsibility for today’s result. As soon as he brought on Ward for Graham he was both inviting pressure and weakening the team. Not acceptable.

With EVERY other team around us winning it’s been a really bad day at the office.

And frankly, I’m getting sick of reading folk (mainly on Fb) blindly saying “but we’re unbeaten and third”. It’s the old “we’re not in the bottom three what are we worried about” mentality. We could remain unbeaten now until the end of the season and miss out on the play-offs.

Mowbray needs to sort this out quick before we are too far out of it.

Is Mowbray on the pitch?

Players do the job on the pitch and clean sheet is maintain. 

Still loads of games to play and catch them. 

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Is Mowbray on the pitch?

We were keeping a clean sheet till he went all Mowbrinho and changed it up 

• Backroom
Just now, Garage Flower said:

We beat Shrewsbury next game and we’re two points off automatic.

Exactly the same mantra as was repeated under GB time and time again. "We're only x number of points off 6th, if we beat so-and-so we'll be right back in the mix".

It never happened, because the manager wasn't up to the task. Every time we got close the manager got too cautious and we fell away. It's the same old shit only we're a little bit higher this time thanks to being able to buy some of the best players in the division.

Just now, AAK said:

If Shrewsbury beat us and we go 8 behind do peoole think thats that? Depends who we sign imo

Christ, don't say that, if TM picks up on that he'll be sending us out ahainst Shrewsbury to not lose and pick up a point like he did away at Wigan.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Really hope we are not about to hit a bad patch this second half of the season.

Balaji bling....get yer cash out and strengthen this side...do something right for f'kin once!:angry:

We are getting to the point where the law of averages when a defeat is on the cards sooner or later.. I really hope the run somehow carries on and the top two crash.. As due to bottler Mowbray and his negativity I won't fancy us in the play off lottery and there's no way on this earth can we sustain another season in this league 

I said Caddis was poor before but there’s no way he gives that corner away like Nyambe did. We desperately need a right back as neither of these two are up to it. 

My big concern with signing a winger is Mowbray won’t play them. We had Chapman who could stretch a defence and cause problems but didn’t play him because Mowbray didn’t rate his defense. Whoever we get in January needs to be trusted to play. 

We cant afford the playoffs. Mowbrays team doesn’t have the bottle. We have to beat Shrewsbury. If not I genuinely fear we won’t go up. 

Just now, DE. said:

Exactly the same mantra as was repeated under GB time and time again. "We're only x number of points off 6th, if we beat so-and-so we'll be right back in the mix".

It never happened, because the manager wasn't up to the task. Every time we got close the manager got too cautious and we fell away. It's the same old shit only we're a little bit higher this time thanks to being able to buy some of the best players in the division.

We play the team above us in the next league game. We could we have a decent winger signed ready to rip them a new one and beat them by then. It’s been a bad few days but calm down. This isn’t the Championship and GB this is League One and Mowbary. We’ve got cash to spend. Give it time. Players have let him down Scunthorpe, he’s let himself down today.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why?

We're not going to challenge for automatic promotion by drawing games. Unless we get to the point where we are ten points clear and have earned ourself a little leeway every game is effectively a "must win".

I didn't say I wanted a draw, I said I'd take one. (I always want us to win :D).

Our performances are far from convincing at the moment, so a draw away at a potential play off team seemed ok to me.

Didn't see the game, but it seems Mowray's bad decision at the end cost us 2 points today. These things happen, I wouldn't worry if I could be sure he learns from his mistakes.

But the thing is that I can't. Actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't because he is a bit stubborn old goat. And that worries me.

Interesting to see his comments. Will he take the hit? I doubt it.

Very disappointing to concede so late on. I haven't been impressed the last few games and too many aren't performing. We need some new life in there. Wigan and Shrewsbury are frustratingly consistent.

4 minutes ago, Husky said:

Monday is too negative for automatic promotion.

Play offs here we come. Though it's worrying that we only look one player away from finishing 8th-10th.

Might not be a bad thing as long as we get to the play off final, Day out in the spotlight for Fat Barry, Confused, the Witch and Snowball face might re-ignite their passion for their neglected baby, plus its only 20 odd mins up the road to visit their buddy in Barnet for advice :)

• Backroom
Just now, Garage Flower said:

This isn’t the Championship and GB this is League One and Mowbary. We’ve got cash to spend. Give it time. Players have let him down Scunthorpe, he’s let himself down today.

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realise. What colours do we play in again?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Mowbray on the pitch?

And if we lose it's 8 points and automatic then looks a long shot.

Just now, Doug said:

I didn't say I wanted a draw, I said I'd take one. (I always want us to win :D).

Our performances are far from convincing at the moment, so a draw away at a potential play off team seemed ok to me.

Thanks for the reply, I just think that in our position ( i.e. marginally off the pace) you can't afford to treat any draw as acceptable otherwise you soon get to the stage where you need snookers to get back in tbe reckoning if you're not very careful.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Mowbray on the pitch?

I've found myself agreeing with you recently Chaddy but I can't agree with that. It's not the first time that Mobrey has cost us points through trying to pack the defence and hang on. It never works and only one team is ever going to score. Mowbrey is totally responsible for throwing away two very important points today and I repeat. It's not the first time.

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Ward coming on was up there with his awful substitution against Preston last season when he brought Bennett off for Mahoney. He is just not good enough, simple as.

Yep, very odd and poor decision - invited Rotherham back in and they duly obliged.  

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I honestly don’t think Mowbray is good enough. So so negative a mindset.

errrrrr 3 winnable games

3 points

a dour, negative football manager 

even when we win it's depressing

Archived