BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A strong bench with Payne, Bell, Armstrong & Nuttall.

And no Ward. Even Caddis gets there in front of him.

What a strong bench it is, though. At least if our "business as usual" team doesn't deliver by early in the second half, all of the options are there for us off the bench.

Yes after a lot of tinkering early in the season, good to see a settled side.

BUT

From the way we couldn't break them down when it mattered in Northampton, I would have liked to have seen at least one of the new flyers from Kick-off. Might be too late to be subbing using brand new players at the 60 minute mark.

As everyone says, it is a very strong bench and regardless of any reservations should win this. Going for 2-0.

I like how he has not started some of the new guys. Sending a message to the players on the pitch that if you perform you keep your place - if not we have some players tearing at the bit to show that they can.

Not sure how long the likes of Payne and Armstrong will like it though.

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

And no Ward. 

Ward was probably our best player on the day away Northampton, but not required today.

We should dispatch this lot with ease, poor poor side if the away games anything to go off.

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Looks like a settled first XI and promising bench. Judy wondering where are Whittingham, Evan, Gladwin, Lenihan Antonsson Chapman Ward all gonna fit in if we have a full strength squad. 

• Backroom
Just now, Preben said:

Did he allow them to run 60 yards unimpeded?

His mess up meant nobody was close enough, Nyambe held him up well but then a good cross came in  

Just now, Tom said:

Mulgrew coming off and no Central defender on bench

Bad to worse

When i saw the Bench, I did think that - typical that it happens when we have none on the bench. Nyambe to middle and Caddis on?

Archived