BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That game may not go ahead, Rochdale are having really terrible problems with their pitch. I saw photos of the pitch after the rain covers has been lifted for the ref's inspection on Saturday morning and it was a quagmire.  Totally unplayable. They put 80 tonnes of sand on it a few weeks back and now the top surface can't drain away and we've had lots of rain since then.

That's good news for us then TS. There is no bigger leveller in football than a horrible, muddy quagmire of a pitch. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

The Rao family need to leave before that can happen.

Will take a lot more than a few wins in the third division to suddenly forget what they have done.

I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I followed my heart and went back, only to feel sick and angry when it all goes sour AGAIN.

There is a hell of a long way to go yet before we even get back to being a relegation quality Championship club.

Why don't you ask the owners to go back to Ewood instead. Write them a letter or something and when you get totally ignored, shrug and give them your money anyway.

If you get them to attend, I will go back as well. Deal ?

Surely you’ve come to realise that if they left tomorrow, we’d be selling all of our assets immediately, closing most facilities and likely hurtling backwards even more?

14 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

If we took administration mid last season (we got relegated anyway) we would be rid of them now with 20K on every week.

Fantasy. There's aren't 8k fans chomping at the bit waiting for Venky's to leave so they can return to Ewood to watch us at home to Oldham in League 1.

I appreciate it's a different world now but the last time we went up out of this league we only averaged about 10k. We are about where we always have been crowd-wise as a league 1/Div 3 club.

16 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

If we took administration mid last season (we got relegated anyway) we would be rid of them now with 20K on every week.

You live in a dream world. As far as I’m aware, we’ve never had a 20k average in the third division and we likely never will!

Personally id rather they carry on funding the losses since they are responsible for them.

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

Will take a lot more than a few wins in the third division to suddenly forget what they have done.

I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I followed my heart and went back, only to feel sick and angry when it all goes sour AGAIN.

There is a hell of a long way to go yet before we even get back to being a relegation quality Championship club.

Why don't you ask the owners to go back to Ewood instead. Write them a letter or something and when you get totally ignored, shrug and give them your money anyway.

We had more than a few thousands extra on for the Rochdale game MG.

Anyway you get a pat on the back from me for sticking to your guns, what are they by the way? Why did you stop going?

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

The efforts of Mowbray and his young Rovers side to bring back some pride and stability to our club ARE worth backing imo.

We all know where the crux of the  problem lays but right here,right now, I'm not cutting off my Nose to spite my Face.In hindsight,as a long time boycotter my painful self enforced absence from Ewood has had zero effect on their continued tenure of Blackburn Rovers F.C. and has probably just had the outcome of increasing my bitterness one hundred fold.

I hate what they have done and will not forgive nor forget but I am at peace with my decision to return...do as you will.

There is an upturn in support with the feel good factor here. I didn’t expect to go back but having boycotted home games and stuck with away games I realised what I was missing. I plunged and got my half ST back and it’s a joy seeing such an upturn on the pitch and of course off it. Try it you might like what you see⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

How can you say that if you don't attend?

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There is an upturn in support with the feel good factor here. I didn’t expect to go back but having boycotted home games and stuck with away games I realised what I was missing. I plunged and got my half ST back and it’s a joy seeing such an upturn on the pitch and of course off it. Try it you might like what you see⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Good for you.

It feels as if a spell has been lifted...

7 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

Team playing against Northampton had nothing to do with Rao family and the fans passion to win this league will be there at Ewood to support Rovers' continued success. Personally I'm not concerned with next season partly due to the fact that I can do little about it but more about I want to be there as it happens this season, as I was in 1970's through to this day. Don't get me wrong I'm not forgetting those bad days but life's too short. Live for the moment. RTID :rover:

As for owners back at Ewood, that would sell a few tickets! 3 points more important COYB.

My team

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood

Samuel              Dack          Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Travis Nuttall Conway Bell Tomlinson Payne

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Travis Nuttall Conway Bell Tomlinson Tomlinson

Is Payne injured?

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Travis Nuttall Conway Bell Tomlinson Tomlinson

has Tomlinson got a twin

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No he's a new signing. Chaddy missed out the hyphen. It's Rupert Tomlinson-Tomlinson, he's one of the Devonshire Tomlinson-Tomlinson's.

Ah the Thompson twins, I hear that can put out a good tune or two, too.

On 23/01/2018 at 13:10, MGPensioner said:

Would we hell, we struggled to get 20k for Premer League games, or have you forgotten about the good away support at Ewood?

Archived