BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

According to Peterboroughs chairman, they have received bids for both Marriott and Maddison in last 24 hours. He wouldn't say who or how much. If (big if) we are interested then we might have to get a move on because I reckon a lot of clubs will want Madison. 

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Marcus Antonsson has signed for Malmo on a permanent deal. 

So we can scratch him off any potential incomings list (thankfully)

I know I will get flack for saying this. But I liked Marcus.
Sure he had some hit and miss games. But he stuck in some important goals.
He didn't have pre-season with the club as other forwards did. In fact who knows how he'd have cracked on with a full pre-season.

Did I mention his goals to games ratio is far better than Samuel and Nuttall.

His goals in November were important pushing forward into our automatic promotion push and let's not forget he got the (PFA) Player of the Month award, going on to win the PFA Player of the Month award. Just a shame he picked up that injury.

• Like 2

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Mowbray was bemoaning the fact that we didn't have much of a goal threat today. He seems to be getting frustrated at the lack of transfer movement. 

Thinks will start to pick up after tomorrow I expect. Once the big boys start picking up the WC players the ripple effect should begin.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Mowbray was bemoaning the fact that we didn't have much of a goal threat today. He seems to be getting frustrated at the lack of transfer movement. 

Hope he disagrees with Chaddy that we only need one striker, 2 need to come in including one first choice.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of these we've been here before summers again aka revert to type. Sometimes the mangers tone strikes me as going from excited to dumbing it down bit by bit.

A few token bids in for players in the blind hope we'll pinch one but no intention really of going up in price to really land them because Waggot only has a little bit of movement in his authorised budget and the phone to Pune has gone dead again !

We've a decent little squad but there is a fight on next season make no mistake so a little extra quality is needed not just bodies but I think that's what it might come down to. TM needs his rabbit out the hat gloves on quick.

38 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm sure the world cup isn't slowing us down at all in regards to transfers, we aren't looking that high up the chain.

But there is a trickle down effect. For example, Liverpool have only just been able to wrap up the Shaqiri, which will allow them to allow Wilson out on loan.

39 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm sure the world cup isn't slowing us down at all in regards to transfers, we aren't looking that high up the chain.

Hence “ripple effect”. Big clubs will let other players go, or go on loan, once they have better ones. We may be third or even fourth tier in that ripple but still.

Sam Gallagher? Oh for god sake he isn't a very good player chaddy come off it .. he's average with potential to improve but he had a relegation with us and almost with Brum he barley set the world alite Thier either ..I would of wanted to look at someone better 

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't mind Gallagher too much but he'll cost a fair whack to loan in this time I bet, is he worth that money ?

No we should be smarter with it .. he's not what we should be going for ..he never set the world alite the first.time or at Brum 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Derby and Stoke after Wilson on loan

Was an example of how the World Cup does indirectly affect signings for Championship clubs.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers after Southampton Sam Gallagher on loan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6780129/southampton-transfer-news-danny-ings-liverpool/

I would be very happy with this. Good player

9 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Sam Gallagher? Oh for god sake he isn't a very good player chaddy come off it .. he's average with potential to improve but he had a relegation with us and almost with Brum he barley set the world alite Thier either ..I would of wanted to look at someone better 

Agree totally. Lacks strength, doesnt score nearly enough goals, need better to avoid being right in the thick of the relegation trouble.

The source is a rubbish one so lets hope its not true. Nixons put a couple of teams in to increase his chances of stumbling across an accurate story.

I cant see Mowbray going back to Gallagher anyway, think its a lazy link.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers after Southampton Sam Gallagher on loan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6780129/southampton-transfer-news-danny-ings-liverpool/

I would be very happy with this. Good player

I think if we were to sign re-sign Gallagher my reaction would be "meh". I would have hoped we would have been targeting a far higher calibre of player.

Signs of desperation kicking in?

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I would rather sign Sam Gallagher than loan him again. Would be happy with that despite his poor goal scoring record in the Championship. 

24 grand a week, that can’t be right??

Got a new contract and big pay rise when he returned to Saints after being here.

Just now, tomphil said:

Got a new contract and big pay rise when he returned to Saints after being here.

Yeah I see that it was 22,000 but prob a yearly wage rise. Mental

Edited by Fraserkirky

• Backroom

Expensive, not that good and only a loan, that wouldn’t be a great signing and one that showed a total lack of imagination if it were the case.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Patience is a virtue. We have no idea what the outcome will be...I would rather get a player at the right price rather than over pay in an inflated market. We do not have cash to burn 

I know all that. Still a contrast between what has happened and what we were told. I'm guessing Venky intransigence and I hope I'm wrong.

Can't see why it isn't reasonable to worry though, no-one is actually panicking from what I've read.