BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

The thing is 50 Million pounds spent on transfers would not make Newcastle challengers for the premier league. It is a lot of money, but nowhere near enough. So why give Bruce the money.

Cos Ashley doesnt want to change manager there. Decent squad there

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They stayed up didnt there. That's all Ashley wants until he can sell the club. 

Where do you actually this they should be finishing? Top 6 maybe? 😉

It was you who dis-agreed when I said they did not have a good first team.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unless Newcastle re-sign him and offer us 15 million pounds and Newcastle wave take their cut from that. Bruce has been given 50 million pounds supposedly this summer for his budget. 

If I were them I'd offer us a bit less than that, knowing that we will value not having to pay 40% of profit to them. A 12 million bid from them, waiving the sell on, is worth more to us than a 15 million bid from someone else.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

according to daily mail rovers will let him go for £8m if this is at all true i would keep him for this season and let him walk cause £8m is a joke

It probably isn't worth 8 million to have Armstrong for one season. Or even the 6 million ish we would probably have after the Toon's cut. But I'd still reject any such bid out of hand on sheer principle, it would be a ludicrous price. Hopefully the Mail don't know what they're talking about, and it contrasts sharply with the 25 million that has been reported as our price previously. I doubt even this lot are bungling enough to set the price for the league's player of the year at 8 mill.

1 hour ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

according to daily mail rovers will let him go for £8m if this is at all true i would keep him for this season and let him walk cause £8m is a joke

That can't be right

Pity he doesn't show a bit of loyalty to the club and manager who made him and sign a new deal. That would be swell. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

With a year to go and our club totally rudderless, he would be crazy to sign a new deal.

A fat payrise, signing on bonus and we sell him anyway. I suppose if his contract runs down, he will get that elsewhere. No point expecting loyalty or the best intentions of the club from players though 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A fat payrise, signing on bonus and we sell him anyway. I suppose if his contract runs down, he will get that elsewhere. No point expecting loyalty or the best intentions of the club from players though 

He' definitely be better off financially not signing a new contract with Rovers (unless he has a Dack style nightmare). He'll end up pocketing a chunk of whatever money the club he signs for saves in transfer fees. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suspect that he is at the top of our wage structure coming from Newcastle and it hardly sounds as if we could offer much if anything in the way of a rise.

Its hardly as if we rescued him from the scrapheap, we loaned a young player who made a big contribution in our promotion and has scored plenty of goals at this level for us.

Its a short career, you cant expect blind loyalty from a player when he can see that we arent going anywhere fast when he could get a big move to play at a higher level on a higher wage. Ambition is the order of the day for a player/person in that situation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As stated in the transfer window thread, I can't see the point in letting him leave for any less than about £18m absolute minimum if Newcastle have a 40% sell on clause.

Its 40% after the 3 million fee we paid I imagine. So if we were offer 15 million and accept it, Newcastle would get 4.8 million and we would have 10.2 million to buy a replacement and improve the squad. #

If Yates is the one Mowbray and Rovers recruitment staff has recommend as a replacement for Armstrong then fair enough. I haven't seen enough of him to comment on the player. Only seen the playoff final which he played in

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that he is at the top of our wage structure coming from Newcastle and it hardly sounds as if we could offer much if anything in the way of a rise.

Its hardly as if we rescued him from the scrapheap, we loaned a young player who made a big contribution in our promotion and has scored plenty of goals at this level for us.

Its a short career, you cant expect blind loyalty from a player when he can see that we arent going anywhere fast when he could get a big move to play at a higher level on a higher wage. Ambition is the order of the day for a player/person in that situation.

I would think that Armstrong, Gallagher and Dack are our 3 biggest wage earners at the club. 

Well we did recuse him from a awful spell at Bolton where he wasn't played properly and we signed him and he helps us to promotion and then kick on the last season and half when he was moved up front and scored goals for fun. 

Off the clubs that are rumours to be interested which one would you say would get the best out of Armstrong? (Southampton, Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, Everton have been linked)

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 40% after the 3 million fee we paid I imagine. So if we were offer 15 million and accept it, Newcastle would get 4.8 million and we would have 10.2 million to buy a replacement and improve the squad. #

If Yates is the one Mowbray and Rovers recruitment staff has recommend as a replacement for Armstrong then fair enough. I haven't seen enough of him to comment on the player. Only seen the playoff final which he played in

I would think that Armstrong, Gallagher and Dack are our 3 biggest wage earners at the club. 

Well we did recuse him from a awful spell at Bolton where he wasn't played properly and we signed him and he helps us to promotion and then kick on the last season and half when he was moved up front and scored goals for fun. 

Off the clubs that are rumours to be interested which one would you say would get the best out of Armstrong? (Southampton, Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, Everton have been linked)

Fulham, because he would be against championship defences

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No point in moving there plus who is replacing Parker as head coach. 

They wouldn’t struggle to appoint someone better tbh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No point in moving there plus who is replacing Parker as head coach. 

Why would there be no point in moving? Fulham are just coming down with a far superior squad and presumably with a big chance of promotion. We are going backwards as shown in our league position and closer to the bottom than the top.

Regarding your question, I pay little notice to tittle tattle regarding where he may or may not go. All I would guess is that it will be late in the window and without adequate replacement.