BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

5 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Somebody help please.  I'm confused regarding this red button lark.  I have basic Sky.  Not Sky Sports.  Can I get the match or not?

Pubs in Blackburn with sky sports. I'd imagine they'll all be showing the Rovers game.

https://pubfinder.sky.com/results/?origin=53.748575%2C-2.487528999999995&is-geo=0

Professional footballers should not be out partying on the eve of a match - and certainly not being paraded on social media. Playing or not.

Sadly Dack mixes with the wrong kinds of people. Typical Champagne Charlie. And he’s not even made it yet.

“Some people” will jump to Rovers players defence no matter what they do or how unprofessionally they behave.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Professional footballers should not be out partying on the eve of a match - and certainly not being paraded on social media. Playing or not.

Sadly Dack mixes with the wrong kinds of people. Typical Champagne Charlie. And he’s not even made it yet.

“Some people” will jump to Rovers players defence no matter what they do or how unprofessionally they behave.

I agree. Unless there is no chance of being fit and it was already clear he wont be featuring I would not be happy if I was TM. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

I agree. Unless there is no chance of being fit and it was already clear he wont be featuring I would not be happy if I was TM. 

Don’t even think he should be out anyway before a game. He should be looking after himself while he’s being handsomely paid to be injured. He should be with the team unless he can’t get about - which he clearly can.

Doesn't look like he was at a family wedding either.

The “it doesn’t matter” mentality has ruined better players than Dack and will hold him back. No chance a top top club would take him. This isn’t the 90s!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Don’t even think he should be out anyway before a game. He should be looking after himself while he’s being handsomely paid to be injured. He should be with the team unless he can’t get about - which he clearly can.

Doesn't look like he was at a family wedding either.

The “it doesn’t matter” mentality has ruined better players than Dack and will hold him back. No chance a top top club would take him. This isn’t the 90s!

I do agree but at the very minimum I would hope that he has only gone out due to not featuring today in the knowledge that there are a couple of weeks till the next game. Personally still would not be happy that one of my better players who is carrying an injury is out on the tiles while the rest of the squad are preparing for a big game today.

it is a side to him that could hamper his career, TM had to tell him off a few times last season apparently.

Edited by JacknOry

Dack being seen in party mode with his friends while out injured sends the wrong message in my eyes. At least he should have had the sense to keep it quiet instead of posting this sort of stuff all over social media. He'll never make it to the very top if he doesn't take his job seriously. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Dack being seen in party mode with his friends while out injured sends the wrong message in my eyes. At least he should have had the sense to keep it quiet instead of posting this sort of stuff all over social media. He'll never make it to the very top if he doesn't take his job seriously. 

It was his “mate” who posted it.

He needs some new mates.

47 minutes ago, J*B said:

That one is Instagram stories - it's last night.

Has that pic from last night been taken down now. 

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

May have been supping dandelion and burdock for all I know, but why do all people of that age plaster their lives on social media - especially when you have a public profile? Just draws unnecessary attention to yourself - even more so when out injured.

His mate posted it not Dack but I dont understand why some people plaster their live social media. I know some people who posted everything they do on social media like days out or nights out. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Has that pic from last night been taken down now. 

His mate posted it not Dack but I dont understand why some people plaster their live social media. I know some people who posted everything they do on social media like days out or nights out. 

Younger generation I am afraid. Whether Dack posted it or not it is still unprofessional to be out on the eve of a game whether injured or not.Firstly,  he is paid a lot of money by the club and should be a bit more professional and secondly, not sure his teammates who are working hard for the game will be happy to see him out having a great time either. 

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Younger generation I am afraid. Whether Dack posted it or not it is still unprofessional to be out on the eve of a game whether injured or not.Firstly,  he is paid a lot of money by the club and should be a bit more professional and secondly, not sure his teammates who are working hard for the game will be happy to see him out having a great time either. 

I have no problem with him going out if he isnt playing or if we arent playing that weekend. He is entitled to a social life. Just like we are. In my early 20's I was out every Friday and Saturday night enjoying myself in different places and cities regular. 

Mowbray will know he went out last night. Dack hasnt cause any trouble at all. I cant find on instragram picture either now. 

I did post a story last season about Mowbray having a word/chat with Dack going out. Email JB the info I recieved. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no problem with him going out if he isnt playing or if we arent playing that weekend. He is entitled to a social life. Just like we are. In my early 20's I was out every Friday and Saturday night enjoying myself in different places and cities regular. 

This is silly. You weren't a "professional" footballer. - he is (or supposed to be).  Professionals look after their body - which means a quiet social life and no alcohol.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray will know he went out last night. Dack hasnt cause any trouble at all. I cant find on instragram picture either now. 

I did post a story last season about Mowbray having a word/chat with Dack going out. Email JB the info I recieved. 

So were most of us but in our early twenties we were not being paid 15k+ a week for a professional football club. This is the kind of profession where a party lifestyle/social life should be heavily sacrificed compared to us normal folk. He will still be a young man at 33/34/35 and will also be incredibly rich by then if he plays his cards right and can go party as much as he likes.

Also you say TM will know? Why do you state things as fact? You have no idea if he knows or not - though he probably will do now that its over social media. 

TM has told him off on a number of occasions apparently for this kind of behaviour so not sure why you have no problem with it - especially on the eve of a game.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This is silly. You weren't a "professional" footballer. - he is (or supposed to be).  Professionals look after their body - which means a quiet social life and no alcohol.

Think you're idealising a bit, personally.

In any case, he looks neither drunk nor high on the pics, so I don't see the problem. Looks like a dull night out to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Think you're idealising a bit, personally.

In any case, he looks neither drunk nor high on the pics, so I don't see the problem. Looks like a dull night out to me.

Dack's very privileged. He's young and very well paid. He'll be a multimillionaire by the time he's 30.  It's not asking much to make sacrifices for a few years.  If I were Mowbray I'd be telling him some home truths

I really don’t understand this obsession with footballers personal lives. As long as a player performs on the pitch it should be none of our business what players do off the field, and quite frankly I couldn’t give a sh!t. Some people on here need to get themselves off their moral high horses. I see nobody mentions the fact that when we were playing Brentford, Dack turned up to the game to support his team mates, and then made an appearance in the family stand and met all the kids there. People can do as they please in their own time and mention of pay on here just makes you all sound rather envious to me.

• Like 6

Just now, JeffRover said:

I really don’t understand this obsession with footballers personal lives. As long as a player performs on the pitch it should be none of our business what players do off the field, and quite frankly I couldn’t give a sh!t.

It doesn't really matter if you give a shit or not. If he was earmarked to play today and he was drunk last night Mowbray will give a shit.

Of course he can let his hair down.

Mowbray will certainly notice any drop in his performance levels or weight changes etc, so I’ll leave it up to him.

End of the day you have Lloris, elite level footballer getting arrested for drink driving, so obviously you can still make it whilst being fond of a night out. I would just look at Dack’s physique and hope he knows that too much partying (if it isn’t pop he’s supping) could prevent him from hitting the level he has to potential to get to.

Edited by Mattyblue

14 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I really don’t understand this obsession with footballers personal lives. As long as a player performs on the pitch it should be none of our business what players do off the field, and quite frankly I couldn’t give a sh!t. Some people on here need to get themselves off their moral high horses. I see nobody mentions the fact that when we were playing Brentford, Dack turned up to the game to support his team mates, and then made an appearance in the family stand and met all the kids there. People can do as they please in their own time and mention of pay on here just makes you all sound rather envious to me.

So you would have no issue with a player going out and getting drunk (not suggesting he was last not - but could have been) the night before a game and playing with a hangover?