BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

The worry for me is I don’t think Mowbray can change much, and I don’t think he really has any desire to.

Defence lacks quality and depth. Everyone knows we needed a centre half in the summer. The cynic in me would suggest Venky’s won’t stump up anything more than a nominal fee for players in this position.

Mowbray persists with Smallwood, and shows every sign of continuing to do so. He’d be 5th choice in that position for me at best.

We don’t play with wingers, we play random players nearly on the wing, who drift inside, don’t help the fullbacks and create sod all.

There is clearly more than meets the eye going on with Brereton. Conspiracy theory maybe, but there is no logical reason for him not coming on at half time. Can’t be attributed to a change of system, you’d make a double sub. Clearly Mowbray doesn’t fancy or trust him, questions need to be asked if he wanted him in the first place.

• Like 4

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I will gain a little respect if Mowbray drops the players that need dropping for the next game! For the sake of his future and all the fans I hope he does.

I don’t think the squad is big enough is it?

Well that scoreline flattered rovers. Quote of the day came from Tony saying he's never parked the bus in his life, he only knows how to attack. I will just let that sink in....

Dack had to come back to his own box to get a touch of the ball. Bell looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over. Rodwell apparently slipped for the penalty but he completely pulled out of a 50-50 he should of won.

No fight, no heart , no desire, no idea.

Appalling

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I don’t think the squad is big enough is it?

Haha I know. Basically what I mean is the likes of Travis, Brereton, Conway, Rothwell a start. Get our key players in their best position. Hopefully get something out of the next game. With the way we are going I would take a point. Get back on track.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Team started like they were having a kickabout on a beach - check.

Defending was shit - check.

We couldn't pass the ball - check.

We hoofed to no avail- check.

We made the opposition look like Citeh - check.

We didn't have a shot on the target 1st half - check.

Mowbray had his head in his hands a lot - check.

We didn't score from open play - check.

I didn't watch it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

3rd division players in 2nd division

Said it all season, all the defenders at the club are league 1. Mulgrew because his fitness doesn't allow him to be all that competitive at centre back in this league, over exertion and he's injured, and far to immobile and poor in the air, the difference was telling last season didn't he score something like 15 goals, this season what, 1 goal or summet like that, and tonnes conceded. Williams and bell aren't good enough at this level, and nyambe at times can be like a headless chicken. Lenihan has potential but we need more than that for what will be a scrap this season, he's also been very poor in some games. The you have downing don't need to say much there, oh amd Rodwell who's played all his career in midfield. Then you have the worst defensive midfielder in the league in Richie Smallwood, surely. 

Edited by AAK

Just now, AAK said:

Said it all season, all the defenders at the club are league 1. Mulgrew because his fitness doesn't allow him to be all that competitive at centre back in this league, over exertion and he's injured, and far to immobile and poor in the air, the difference was telling last season didn't he score something like 15 goals, this season what, 1 goal or summet like that, and tonnes conceded. Williams and bell aren't good enough at this level, and nyambe at times can be like a headless chicken. Lenihan has potential but we need more than that for what will be a scrap this season, he's also been very poor in some games. The you have downing don't need to say much there. Then you have the worst defensive midfielder in the league in Richie Smallwood, surely. 

I’d give Downing a game tbh. Can’t do any worse.

Just now, neophox said:

Would try this on sat:

Raya

Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Travis

Rothwell, Reed, Conway/Rodwell

Dack

Brereton, Armstrong

We dont have any wingers..so play a 4-3-1-2 with players in their right positions. Think Travis would Do a good job as full back!

This is the problem though "such a person would do a job" but we don't really have a clue if they would and shouldn't be in that position, defenders should have been brought in. 

Just now, neophox said:

Would try this on sat:

Raya

Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Travis

Rothwell, Reed, Conway/Rodwell

Dack

Brereton, Armstrong

We dont have any wingers..so play a 4-3-1-2 with players in their right positions. Think Travis would Do a good job as full back!

I like, would swap Armstrong for graham personally. Armstrong can't hit a barn door. Graham at least has experience and has a few goals under hit belt.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’d give Downing a game tbh. Can’t do any worse.

Well I'd be contracting myself if I agreed, but then again, I suppose you are right, how much worse could they be at the back.