Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18


Recommended Posts

We do usually get a good response after these complete cock ups bite us on the arse so this is a big test of that and let's have Mowbrays Rovers back not another reincarnation of Coyles misfits.

However win lose or draw today Wigan is a bit of a graveyard for Rovers let's face it, I've seen some shockers there and I've seen us play quite well....and lose.

Wrong game at the wrong time I fear this is, i'd snap the hands off a nil nil right now.

Wigan 3   Rovers  2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderation Lead

Have a ticket for this, but unfortunately can’t make it now. I’ve got nearly as bad a record at the DW as I do at the Reebok and I missed that this season, then we won. Fingers crossed we do the same here.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • J*B pinned this topic

I think both Smallwood and Bennett are suspended for this game after getting their fifth yellow cards of the season but Evans should be back. Meddler Mowbray will have to make at least two changes then. On current form Dack should be benched. I sincerely hope we play a tried and tested system that at the very least suits the players we have.

My heart says draw but my head says defeat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think both Smallwood and Bennett are suspended for this game after getting their fifth yellow cards of the season but Evans should be back. Meddler Mowbray will have to make at least two changes then. On current form Dack should be benched. I sincerely hope we play a tried and tested system that at the very least suits the players we have.

My heart says draw but my head says defeat.

 

He might as well go 4-4-2 and play BB and AA up front with a midfield of: Reed Evans Travis Rothwell. Keep it tight and play to AA and BB's strengths.

Give Dack a rest and try and find goals elsewhere. 

Rothwell and Travis certainly deserve a go from the start at some point.

            

Edited by blueboy3333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He might as well go 4-4-2 and play BB and AA up front with a midfield of: Reed Evans Travis Rothwell. Keep it tight and play to AA and BB's strengths.

Give Dack a rest and try and find goals elsewhere. 

Rothwell and Travis certainly deserve a go from the start at some point.

            

I would like to see Rodwell starting in midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Team I would like to see

 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell 

Evans Rodwell 

Brereton Dack Rothwell

Graham

 

Team the manager will pick

 

Smallwood

Lenihan Rodwell Mulgrew 

Bennet Evans Raya Reed Conway 

Palmer Armstrong

Dack

 

Fuck it that team will play football so clever Wigan will forfeit the game

 

Score prediction 5-0 Rovers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

                                           Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan                  Mulgrew       Williams

                        Evans                      Rodwell

Reed                                 Dack                            Palmer

                                         Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong

 

Staggered to see people suggesting dropping Dack after a bad game yesterday, he's been involved in 10 of our 21 league goals. Who are we going to bring in to replicate those kind of numbers because if we have anyone capable then I am yet to see them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game is against a side bang out of form unlike yesterday which was a side bang in form. Normally that would be a positive but it won't really make any difference if we turn out like we did yesterday.

These next two are an opportunity for serious points against two struggling sides out of form. Sadly we seem to struggle against the poorer teams when there is expectation on our shoulders. 

Can't remember the last time Wigan won a game but they are tough to beat at their place and don't lose many.

3 points will make up for yesterday with interest. A point stops the rot but a defeat and this good start sees us looking over our shoulders. Sitting in the top half at this stage doesn't rule out a dogfight developing quickly.

 

Would be nice to turn up with a CF and to keep a clean sheet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I'd be tempted to try Bell in the attacking left position. Left peg, can cross, and can do the defensive work. That position is really up for grabs.

He was poor in League 1 when TinkerTony played him on the wing. It's a lot different running from deep than having to do it from a standing start. I don't rate him (to sloppy in possession and lethargic when defending) but he's better at the back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

                                           Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan                  Mulgrew       Williams

                        Evans                      Rodwell

Reed                                 Dack                            Palmer

                                         Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong

 

Staggered to see people suggesting dropping Dack after a bad game yesterday, he's been involved in 10 of our 21 league goals. Who are we going to bring in to replicate those kind of numbers because if we have anyone capable then I am yet to see them. 

I suggested changing the formation. If we play 2 up top that would mean dropping Dack. Unless Tony went 4-3-1-2. We are so poor as an attacking unit that at some stage Mowbray will have to change his approach - especially if the defence falls apart on a regular basis.

Edited by blueboy3333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I suggested changing the formation. If we play 2 up top that would mean dropping Dack. Unless Tony went 4-3-1-2. We are so poor as an attacking unit that at some stage Mowbray will have to change his approach - especially if the defence falls apart on a regular basis.

I wouldn't be at all against changing the formation but we all know that Mowbray won't change his system unless he goes to three at the back and I don't think that we have ever looked good playing 3 at the back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

                           Leutwiler

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew  Williams

                          Rodwell

           Evans                    Reed

                          Dack

           Brereton     Graham

 

Square pegs, square holes. Raya makes me nervous at the moment. Let's not be afraid to use our Canadian international, who seems to be decent enough. Reed and Evans to help out defensively in the wide positions when needed. You know that this is the winning formula for Wednesday!

Pretty much what I’d go for except I’d stick with Raya and try Arma up top with Graham as I think there may be a combo there. Bringing in Rodwell in front of the back four is a must for me. Scrap this ‘he’s only a CB rollocks’. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

                           Leutwiler

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew  Williams

                          Rodwell

           Evans                    Reed

                          Dack

           Brereton     Graham

 

Square pegs, square holes. Raya makes me nervous at the moment. Let's not be afraid to use our Canadian international, who seems to be decent enough.

Totally agree. Raya isn't championship standard in my opinion.  Rushes things, iffy at crosses, kicking not great.....new keeper in January for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • J*B unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.