BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

Surely today is the day for the City lad coming in. Mowbray said he thought it'd be done on Monday so it'd be a worry if it keeps dragging on!

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray will be cautious as ever for the first game

This is my predicted starting line up

Lieutweiler

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Evans Johnson Downing

Dack Graham 

It would be a new level of weird if we play Smallwood on the right wing!

Sadly I can however see all three of Mulgrew, Bennett and Evans starting which is sad. It would be absolutely barmy to play them and drop Travis and Rothwell. But unfortunately plausible.

The team we want and the team we will get will differ massively. Depends if Walton does ok in last pre season game if selected. Would like to see Travis and Rankin Costello. Likely be Evan's and Bennett. With Gallagher and Brereton impact subs 

Not for the first time I'm confused by a Mowbray interview. Initially we were told he had a similar budget to last season when he spent around £10m. Add to that the £3m or so from Raya and deduct £5m for Gallagher which leaves something like £8m. All best assumptions from reported figures of course and based on his (albeit confusing) interview.

For the life in me I can't see another £8m being spent so will we have (once again) money left over from his budget?

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Not for the first time I'm confused by a Mowbray interview. Initially we were told he had a similar budget to last season when he spent around £10m. Add to that the £3m or so from Raya and deduct £5m for Gallagher which leaves something like £8m. All best assumptions from reported figures of course and based on his (albeit confusing) interview.

For the life in me I can't see another £8m being spent so will we have (once again) money left over from his budget?

Someone reckons what Waggott ACTUALLY meant was the total budget - fees and wages would be similar. 

Gallagher, Downing and Johnson must be on some wedge...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Someone reckons what Waggott ACTUALLY meant was the total budget - fees and wages would be similar. 

Gallagher, Downing and Johnson must be on some wedge...

As I said Matty it gets confusing and muddies the water.

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So the striker money wasn’t spent on a striker, we used the Raya fee instead? Now we get to spend the striker money on a defender?

Excellent.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

But if he meant that he'd just have said that.

Anyway good news he claims there's still some dough although i hope he realises what he's actually saying this time he's already been hung for less on here ?

Here is an analogy

Your young lad wants a pair of Nike trainers that cost £100. He has £100. His granny gives him £100 for his birthday. He buys the Nike air max for £100 and he has £100 left to buy a pair of Adidas trainers. 

Which £100 did he use to buy which pair of trainers and secondly does it matter? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Here is an analogy

Your young lad wants a pair of Nike trainers that cost £100. He has £100. His granny gives him £100 for his birthday. He buys the Nike air max for £100 and he has £100 left to buy a pair of Adidas trainers. 

Which £100 did he use to buy which pair of trainers and secondly does it matter? 

Haven’t you used this before?^_^

I honestly couldn’t care where they find it, a hidden stash of Kean brown envelopes in the manager’s office, wherever.

As long as those centre halves arrive.

Just now, arbitro said:

Maybe and this may be shocking, they don't want to give away the budget to other teams?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Here is an analogy

Adidas>Nike. 

You’d get some bloody good Adidas for £100!

Get yourself a right good knees up with the other ton. Problem solved.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe and this may be shocking, they don't want to give away the budget to other teams?

They did when they said it was similar to last year.

Not that shocking really.

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

Adidas>Nike. 

You’d get some good Adidas for £100!

Get yourself a right good knees up with the other ton. Problem solved.

Ya, Nike air max are such a rip off. I was going to say Adidas Predators but I didn't want to complicate my analogy that I felt was on a tight rope to begin with ? 

Speaking of which Mulgrew shared a pic the other day of brand new old school original predators, you know the ones with the raised rubber?  They are sweet. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Here is an analogy

WTF ?

And yes it does matter really because the manager is the face of the club and its public spokesman in a way so he needs to stop talking in riddles. This era of what you say today doesn't matter tomorrow when you say the total opposite is quite bizarre people beyond this board are going to question him on it because at times it comes across like he doesn't really know what's going on.

I'd say whether we still have a transfer pot or not does actually matter quite a lot.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But we don't know how much we had last summer because he also said we didn't spend all the budget. 

I'll indulge you in your game of semantics then.

They know we have at least £10m.

Just now, tomphil said:

WTF ?

And yes it does matter really because the manager is the face of the club and its public spokesman in a way so he needs to stop talking in riddles. This era of what you say today doesn't matter tomorrow when you say the total opposite is quite bizarre people beyond this board are going to question him on it because at times it comes across like he doesn't really know what's going on.

I'd say whether we still have a transfer pot or not does actually matter quite a lot.

It isn't a riddle. The money is all the same. Ye are just looking for things to criticize him about. 

Roll on the season....

42 minutes ago, AJW said:

City lad today ... Jake Cooper and Julian Speroni next week ?

2018 - Marcus Maddison

2019 - Jake Cooper

Can't wait to see who 2020's player is that we'll never sign.

Edited by MarkBRFC