BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, RovingRover said:

Rothwell's goal was a 25 yard thunderbolt.

Brereton's was a well taken bullet-header.

I doubt very much we will see Corry Evans go during this window when you consider he has been used in the new marketing campaigns for the new shirts.

I have a bad feeling Evans will be in the starting line up against Charlton, meaning one of Travis or Johnson will be on the bench.

Rothwell's goal was a 25 yard thunderbolt.

Brereton's was a well taken bullet-header.

I doubt very much we will see Corry Evans go during this window when you consider he has been used in the new marketing campaigns for the new shirts.

Ha! Like that means owt! Went merrily on holiday post Euro 96 after seeing Shearer modelling our new ‘CIS’ kit... 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Just now, alex l said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned, the Forum minutes from earlier in the month have the following:

"David Raya’s sale had come about after him losing his place in the first team and his agent actively looking for another club. SW confirmed that there had been some interest in acquiring Karl Darlow from Newcastle but his current high wages were a significant stumbling block."

Be it the criticism or not having the mindset to battle for his place, seems Raya instigated the move

Or the desire to be number one somewhere? A keeper with 2 full seasons under his belt wouldn’t see dripping to the bench as a decent career step, particularly if it’s apparent he could be first choice elsewhere.

Selling Raya doesn’t have to result in a slight on either him or the club... however not replacing him with someone better would be stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Ha! Like that means owt! Went merrily on holiday after Euro 96 after seeing Shearer modelling our new ‘CIS’ kit... 

I know you aren't conflating Evans with Shearer. But Shearer was always going to have attention.

Evans on the other-hand won't have attention considering the excessive wages he is on.

• Like 1

I know you aren't conflating Evans with Shearer. But Shearer was always going to have attention.

Evans on the other-hand won't have attention considering the excessive wages he is on.

Things happen in the run up to a season, having a picture taken in a kit, probably in May doesn’t mean much.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I remember a lot questioning how he got in too the league one team of the year but you probably do have a point, I do have a dislike for Bell but I hope he proves me wrong. 

Leicester vs Fleetwood prior to our intestest he was abysmal I remember critiquing his positioning and his lack of ability. It was so evident. Lads an athlete not a footballer 

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yes, loads have came and gone , one of the few that came to light. Scott Sinclair, fraser foster, Martin skrtel are the others I know were looked at. Wages being the biggest hurdle not surprisingly , all dead I believe

Totally ridiculous.

You simply don't go 'window shopping' at Harrods with a Home Bargains' budget.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

No Walton? What is it with our bedding in periods? I get the odd exception like Downing moving his family or someone being grossly unfit, but in the last few years I can't remember us ever playing someone within a couple of days of them signing. Never used to be the case. He is a goalie, just put him in so he can start learning how our awful defence play.

Feckin ridiculous.

I remember the famous Boxing Day fixture where we did Burnley 3-2 at The Turf and a certain Keith Fear notched on his debut for us - if I recall correctly, none of the fans there realised we'd even signed him!!!  Suspect he might have met his new colleagues in the dressing room pre match!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Totally ridiculous.

You simply don't go 'window shopping' at Harrods with a Home Bargains' budget.

Not when you’ve already spent all you money at Ben and Gally’s.

The ‘too expensive’ excuse rings hollow when you throw £12m at the wrong problem.

• Like 7