BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd expect an average manager to get 50% of their transfer dealings right. A top manager will get 75% to 80% right. As far as I can see Mowbray is way below 50%.

Huh? What an arbitrary set of figures to throw out there.

This window has shown that every club (including the likes of City and United) are struggling to get deals done. Clubs want more. Players want more. 

Hopefully, we can get something done in the next 72 hours. 

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why would this Max Clark be anything? He's played around 30 games in total of his career in the Championship and spent the most time in League two on loan to clubs?

He’s probably better than Bell though. Got himself into the Vitesse side last season who are one of the better sides in the Dutch top flight, represented England at youth level. Saying that I think my old sunday league left back had better defensive positioning and awareness than Bell.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Let's be honest, we need to sign some defenders by Thursday. If we don't, it's going to be a really long season.

'Defenders are coming'. 'Defensively, we're fine'. We aren't though, are we?

It's so blindingly obvious that we need defenders, the back four we started on Saturday was a disgrace.

3 days to go......

3 days to save our season :rover:

Just now, Butty said:

He’s probably better than Bell though. Got himself into the Vitesse side last season who are one of the better sides in the Dutch top flight, represented England at youth level. Saying that I think my old sunday league left back had better defensive positioning and awareness than Bell.

If  being " better than Bell " is the criterion I'll see if I can find my old boots in the loft. A least I liked a tackle !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have tried for a keeper from foreign market. We tried for Adam Maher but decided to stay in Holland. We also tried for German midfielder aswell. 

I understand that we've made moves for some players but originally my post was about us investing large sums into Sam Gallagher (who I like) as a priority before sorting out our biggest glaring issues (defence). 

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

TM has been very quiet since Saturday by his standards.  Let's hope he's busy landing defenders 

Good. He'd be better off keeping it shut more often to be honest. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Couldn't agree more... 

Mowbray reminds me of a slightly more ambitious version of Bowyer... we are happy to remain mediocre and let's be honest the recruitment to date just hasn't been good enough.. failure to adress your absolute pain points is failure end of.

He just doesn't have a stretching mentality in my view... 

That said hes definitely the best manager we have had since Venkys took over and potted Sam.. which again is not the barometer, but the challenge we all have is we know what we could end up with! 

What we could end up with is Johnson and I think many of us would be quite happy with that at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

What we could end up with is Johnson and I think many of us would be quite happy with that at this point. 

Which fills me with dread. This club needs experience, it's not the place for someone to cut their teeth.

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

Which fills me with dread. This club needs experience, it's not the place for someone to cut their teeth.

I can understand that. I think everyone's preference would be someone more established like Gary Monk, who would be a great fit IMV. 

Just now, Neal said:

I can understand that. I think everyone's preference would be someone more established like Gary Monk, who would be a great fit IMV. 

Firstly this is the transfer thread, not sure relevance to continuing the Mowbray out theme, Secondly - do you know Monk got potted for only buying players from a certain agent?

Ironically, you’re correct - they’d be a great fit.(with the owners)

Edited by Harry The Bass
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have tried for a keeper from foreign market. We tried for Adam Maher but decided to stay in Holland. We also tried for German midfielder aswell. 

Where's the evidence? We have only signed a centre back on loan... If we have tried why haven't we signed others then? 

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

Firstly this is the transfer thread, not sure relevance to continuing the Mowbray out theme, Secondly - do you know Monk got potted for only buying players from a certain agent?

Ironically, you’re correct - they’d be a great fit.(with the owners)

Darwen Rover was discussing the managerial position to which I responded. I hope that helps.

As you were. 

• Like 1

Tosin takes Joe Nuttall's #24, meaning the #5 defender spot is still available.

Would be great if TM and SW could find a big foreign fucker to fill it by the end of the window wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I don't think it really matters why they didn't come - the bottom line is they didn't.

I was perturbed through when Mowbray admitted that he leaves a lot of the negotiation to Venus. I've never heard of an assistant getting involved in player talks before.

Venus has previous for dabbling in non-assistant manager territory. At Coventry he was elevated to board member status and oversaw recruitment and even property matters, allegedly. 

To me his role should be on the training pitch not on the end of a phone.

Bizarre. At best ridiculously old fashioned at worst completely incompatible with modern day transfers.

• Like 2