BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

They way TM appears to set up is a best case win 1-0. Worst case lose 0-1. Probabilty a draw at 0-0 or 1-1.

I accept that he's dealing with somone else's squad who are now damaged goods.

I do not think he has much faith it the current squad so has been very cautious.

His reputation has been built on attacking football so he has done quite well defensively but must be hurting like hell as we have failed do often from an attacking sense.

The players pulled us out of trouble under Coco. 

We need this current shower to man up and play for the Shirt, us and TM.

We may yet get a performance out of some of them inspired by their desire to get away from Ewood.

Sadly the loanees may fail us.

I truly hope they make me eat humble pie.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15255775._I_don___t_know_whether_there_are_integrity_issues_with_the_league____Rovers_head_coach_Tony_Mowbray_questions_Huddersfield_Town_s_team_selection/

Glad he's said it.

Mind you, it would be just like the FA and EFL to censure Mowbray over his comments.

I wish Huddersfield nothing but ill. Tin pot club.

• Backroom

Don't understand the fuss, myself. Use whoever in your squad you wish!

If 10 changes wouldn't matter at the start of the season, it shouldn't at the end.

For Huddersfield to rest their players is just sound management imo.

• Like 1

I truly hope that Huddersfix get to the play off Final and take 30,000 plus fans to Wembley.

I hope they dominate possession and stats with their tippy tappy play. 

I hope they create many chances and the match goes to extra time.

I hope that in the last minute of extra time they concede the most dodgy penalty ever seen in any cup final anywhere and lose 1-0 in a totally undeserved defeat.

I hope the players and fans cry for hours and Wagner throws himself into the Thames. 

I really do hope that they are crucified under FFP and tumble down the leagues into total obscurity.

All of that without swearing B) Feckin amazing! 

• Like 1

• Backroom

If someone can give me a legitimate explanation as to why 'Team A' should be fined for playing ANY amount of different players from one game to the next in a league season, go ahead.

Consequences of the game or time season are completely irrelevant as it would set a precedent of league officials  essentially selecting players.

• Like 1

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

They broke the rules so how is it their right? 

What rules? I dont know of any rules resting players. Do teams at world cups who rest players when they have already qualified from their groups with a game to spare break the rules? Do they get a fine? If we are talking fairplay then yes its underhand but there isnt a rule

Just now, JHRover said:

Section 5 Rule 24.1 of the 'EFL' rules:

24.1    Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit. 

Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#MLSbJ4BSMdtcogMI.99

If making 10 changes to a team that played on Wednesday night and won 1-0 isn't a contravention of those rules what is?

If they aren't going to act on Huddersfield then they might as well erase that rule because it won't ever be used.

Good find JH.

Nothing will be done, of course, but putting out a non-competitive team makes a mockery of the league football concept.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Its their call. They were well within their rights to rest players. Rovers problems are of their own making

So true! It's failure to beat Bristol City or Burton Albion or Preston or Barnsley at home which has put us in this position.

When you perform so ineptly all season you can't blame others.

• Like 3

Just now, Mike E said:

Wow I genuinely didn't know it was a rule! I disagree with it completely but if a rule's brokenthen punish away

Clubs have been fined under this rule before but it's redundant. How many clubs rest players before a "less important" Cup game? We have for a start on many occasions. It's the only way Josh King got to play!:o

I suppose the issue here is the sheer number of changes. It's  pretty much giving them the game.

Hopefully next week Brum will play a full-strength side and not get 2 penalties !

• Like 1

While I certainly agree with the observations, I suppose I have lost all energy when it comes to putting hope that the FA will do anything right by us. They have turned a complete blind eye to the entire downfall of the past few years; it is beyond hoping that they will start caring now, all because Huddersfield played their reserves.

What really irks me about Huddersfields multi changed team is that they have another league game next weekend which will be quickly followed by their first leg play off. Surely they would have played a weakened team only days before that game to rest players. If they play another shadow team next weekend some of their regular first team players won't have played for two weeks.

I really hope it backfires on them and their Klopp wannabe manager.

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Let's just all become anti-Huddersfield fans in the play-offs. Their spanner manager with the specs will come a cropper, I am sure of it. See how much worth resting their players is then.

Let's see if they rest the same players next Sunday...