BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

We've always had a good relationship with Rangers, glad to see them really on the up once more. Not sure they have enough this season to beat Celtic to the title but i wouldn't put it past them in the next few years. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Both similar sized clubs. Both clubs each can attract that number. I'm speaking in rough terms as I ain't looked it up.  But the average attendance would go up a fair bit if rangers and Celtic visit each ground twice a year.

Still, if it's a similar sized town to Blackburn and that's each...they're getting approx 10-20k between them. That's not dissimilar to ourselves, so maybe the impact isn't so far removed from what happens with us and the Manc and Mersey clubs?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m1st said:

Now there's a hell of a question to answer, RF! I'm not saying your guess is as good as ours, but we've had the pre-season from Hell.

Last Saturday, in our first friendly, we beat a team from the National League [= League Three, if you know what I mean.] The next game we should have played - this coming Sunday v. League One Rochdale -has been called off because their pitch isn't playable.

We've a game a week tomorrow at Mansfield Town, who got to the League Two Play-offs, followed by our trip to Ibrox. Midweek after that, there's a game scheduled against Bury, who were promoted from League Two at the end of last season - but seem to have imploded since - so we've real doubts about that game taking place, also. 

Our final friendly - v. Blackpool [another League One team] - is arranged for the Saturday after we play you. And the weekend after that, the new season starts!?

So our game at Ibrox will probably be the strongest opposition we'll face in these friendlies, even if you field a few Reserves. So our team should be close to the one with which the manager intends to start our League season.

However, if you look at some of the other threads on here, quite a lot of us who'll be at the game query whether the team he picks a week on Sunday is actually the team that should be playing either you, or Charlton Athletic in our first League game.

In short, we need to sign a new goalkeeper and strong centre-half in the next 10 days or the 'joke' of fielding a 3-6-1 team might well come true.

Bit of a mess so far then!

Good luck anyway ??

15 hours ago, m1st said:

Now there's a hell of a question to answer, RF! I'm not saying your guess is as good as ours, but we've had the pre-season from Hell.

Last Saturday, in our first friendly, we beat a team from the National League [= League Three, if you know what I mean.] The next game we should have played - this coming Sunday v. League One Rochdale -has been called off because their pitch isn't playable.

We've a game a week tomorrow at Mansfield Town, who got to the League Two Play-offs, followed by our trip to Ibrox. Midweek after that, there's a game scheduled against Bury, who were promoted from League Two at the end of last season - but seem to have imploded since - so we've real doubts about that game taking place, also. 

Our final friendly - v. Blackpool [another League One team] - is arranged for the Saturday after we play you. And the weekend after that, the new season starts!?

So our game at Ibrox will probably be the strongest opposition we'll face in these friendlies, even if you field a few Reserves. So our team should be close to the one with which the manager intends to start our League season.

However, if you look at some of the other threads on here, quite a lot of us who'll be at the game query whether the team he picks a week on Sunday is actually the team that should be playing either you, or Charlton Athletic in our first League game.

In short, we need to sign a new goalkeeper and strong centre-half in the next 10 days or the 'joke' of fielding a 3-6-1 team might well come true.

We had a couple of behind close doors friendlies at our training camp in Portugal 

On Sunday we played oxford in a friendly and won 5-0 

Last night we played St Joseph’s in Gibraltar beat them 4-0. In the Europa League qualifiers.Also the lads who were left behind from the Europa League squad won 6-1 in a friendly vs Ayr United(Scottish championship)

We play Marseille on Sunday 

Then our second leg of the Europa league is next Thursday before playing the friendly vs Rovers the Sunday after

Edited by Rangers Fan

2 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

Any score predictions or how do you guys fancy your chances?

Given neither of us has the first clue how our clubs are going to approach this one it would be daft to make score predictions wouldn’t it?

Having said that I think we will dick you 4-1, a Dack hat trick with Big Ben chipping in for good measure.

(Mainly because I do think you’ll play a reserve team given where you are competitively whereas we will probably play our strongest side plus I was brought up a Roman Catholic and abhor the Ibrox chanting about said religion?)

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good chance two of the games are called off. 

Not getting ‘fitness in the legs’ without matches, are we?

Not sure why you have to a daily chunner about what other people post, but feel free.

You'd think some non league team would fancy an impromptu runaround at Ewood or something.

Or we could play against our u-23s or something. Seems odd we are just letting part of our schedule vanish.

You mention that way fans can pay on the gate, is that right? I thought we were getting no more.  I get back from holiday the day before but feel I should make the trip across to Weedgieland on the Sunday, clothes peg at the ready of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McClarky said:

You mention that way fans can pay on the gate, is that right? I thought we were getting no more.  I get back from holiday the day before but feel I should make the trip across to Weedgieland on the Sunday, clothes peg at the ready of course.

Think it's pay on the gate in the home ends.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Travelling up from on the 10am train from Preston... According to my dad, everyone is travelling on that train. 

In which case, follow oldjamfan1's guidance on p.15 of the pre-season thread for getting to the ground from Central station.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, McClarky said:

Sorry mate seems only home end is pay at the gate. Wouldn’t be any trouble if you a few Rovers fans were in home end tho.  

Bit annoying how they only gave us 1650 tickets and they all sold straight away, part of stadium is closed. We could have shifted 1.5 times that, probably over 3k, many more if not a sunday friendly. If rangers came here wed have given them more.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, AAK said:

Bit annoying how they only gave us 1650 tickets and they all sold straight away, part of stadium is closed. We could have shifted 1.5 times that, probably over 3k, many more if not a sunday friendly. If rangers came here wed have given them more.

Same is being said on follow follow our forum that we should’ve given you more tickets

Edited by Rangers Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

Sorry mate seems only home end is pay at the gate. Wouldn’t be any trouble if you a few Rovers fans were in home end tho.  

I think I’ll pay on gate. I’m meeting a couple of mates who have tickets so will just go in main stand.  Ibrox is the only major ground in Scotland I’ve not been to with Rovers away games and a few Hearts trips over the years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

My only prediction is that Morelos will kick/punch someone and get sent off. It could be a player, the ref, Tony Mowbray.....anyone.

Probably won’t be playing and doubt that would happen anyway mate?

Edited by Rangers Fan

33 minutes ago, Rangers Fan said:

Probably won’t be playing and doubt that would happen anyway mate?

At this rate, we might need to borrow some of your defenders for the game anyway. Thats unless we're going to play a 2 - 6 - 2 formation.

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

At this rate, we might need to borrow some of your defenders for the game anyway. Thats unless we're going to play a 2 - 6 - 2 formation.

The way we defended at times last season, it was as though we did have 2 at the back....

Just now, Rangers Fan said:

Is Charlie Mulgrew still playing for you guys? 

This is debatable has had a significant dip in form from around February and found himself on the subs bench towards the end of the season

• Like 1