BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Disagree. Booing is way of projecting displeasure.

If a player is not up to snuff, or the manager repeatedly makes the same mistakes etc, then I have no qualms at all with booing. They are football professionals, who have intentionally placed themselves in the public spotlight.

Sorry Wheelton I can’t agree, when they are on the park we HAVE to get behind them, encourage and cagoule an improvement. Would you try your best if your colleagues called you an inept wanker. I don’t think so. Boo at the end if you really have to, but not until the end of the game.

I don’t boo, but if the lot of them get booed off, manager included, at full time after a stinker then fair enough.

But of course you shouldn’t boo players in the middle of a game, what a ridiculously counter-productive thing to do.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Sorry Wheelton I can’t agree, when they are on the park we HAVE to get behind them, encourage and cagoule an improvement. Would you try your best if your colleagues called you an inept wanker. I don’t think so. Boo at the end if you really have to, but not until the end of the game.

When I get called out at work, I do my level best to prove them wrong.

But you're right. The next time we're getting booted out of a cup by a lower league team, or we're 3-0 down at half time after another insipid showing, I'll keep on clapping.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

But you're right. The next time we're getting booted out of a cup by a lower league team, or we're 3-0 down at half time after another insipid showing, I'll keep on clapping.

Don’t just clap Wheelton, shout you encouragement. ‘COME ON BOYS WE CAN DO IT’

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

PS, I wouldn’t know as I’ve never been called out at work! My glittering career comes to an end next October 😃🤗🥳👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t boo, but if the lot of them get booed off, manager included, at full time after a stinker then fair enough.

But of course you shouldn’t boo players in the middle of a game, what a ridiculously counter-productive thing to do.

I remember Andrews, Chris Brown and Ward all being booed before the games even kicked off which is pathetic, shows a distinct lack of intelligence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The way this thread has gone is amusing. 

I've heard it before that Rovers fans tend to be far more patient and forgiving than most.

So anyway, Tony Mowbray.....

Rovers fans are are incredibly patient and forgiving!! (as is the nature of most true born and bred Blackburners) It usually takes a  long string of very poor performances and that feeling of there being little  to no light at the end of the tunnel  for things to start getting tetchy in the stands. On the rare occasion things get nasty(ie. the Kean debacle)  it's normally because the manager or a player has done or said something completely inappropriate towards the fans or club.

#MowbrayOut

#WaggotOut

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Rovers fans are are incredibly patient and forgiving!! (as is the nature of most true born and bred Blackburners) It usually takes a  long string of very poor performances and that feeling of there being little  to no light at the end of the tunnel  for things to start getting tetchy in the stands. On the rare occasion things get nasty(ie. the Kean debacle)  it's normally because the manager or a player has done or said something completely inappropriate towards the fans or club.

#MowbrayOut

#WaggotOut

That could well be true in the modern era.....

But that wasn't the case before Jack came, we were far less accepting of shite on the pitch and in the boardroom and let them know about it.

#Venkys out (Think bigger picture) 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

That could well be true in the modern era.....

But that wasn't the case before Jack came, we were far less accepting of shite on the pitch and in the boardroom and let them know about it.

#Venkys out (Think bigger picture) 

yeh, but like you you say... different era completely, people had far far thicker skin back than, Standing terraces made a big difference too because unlike now you could shout something out without sticking out like a sore thumb in your seat, plus crowds where mostly full of half pished proper working class men still and part of going to games was for them to be able to let off some steam after a weeks hard graft! 

Pretty sure Wilcox for example used the grief he got as a youngster to motivate himself to become one of the very best left wingers in the league at the time, even getting a few england caps in the process, only the likes of Giggs where ahead of him as left wingers at that time but Giggs was world class 

22 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

yeh, but like you you say... different era completely, people had far thicker skin back than, Standing terraces mDe a difference too because unlike now you could shout something out without stivking out likeca sore thumb in your seat, plus crowds where mostly full of half pished proper working class men still and part of going to games was for them to be able to let off some steam after a weeks hard graft! 

Pretty sure Wilcox for example used the grieve he got as a youngster to motivate himself to become one of the very best left wingers in the league at the time, even getting a few england caps on the process, only the likes of Giggs where ahead of him T that time but Giggs was world class 

Are you trying to be Ali G?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I remember Andrews, Chris Brown and Ward all being booed before the games even kicked off which is pathetic, shows a distinct lack of intelligence.

Oh yeah---Andrews!! How could I have forgotten him?

Did Delfuenso get booed? I know I came close!

Never Really understood the Keith Andrews hate. I thought that was bang out of order to be honest.

I remember Ashley Ward getting a lot of stick and we certainly were not shy of letting Brian Kidd know how we felt.

I'll never for get us all chanting "Tony Parks' blue n white army" and in between some guy was yelling "Fuck off Brian Kidd!"

To be fair though, by that point we had an absolutely abysmal season.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

Maybe if it rains, but I get too hot wearing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

don't need to read it, Tony changes his tune from one week to the next. win a game and it's 'we have the abilty to be up in the mix' lose a few and it's 'we're just not good enough and don't have the finances to compete with the teams in and around the top 6...' he's just a blow hard never-has-bin dinosaur of a manager. 

Mowbray out

Waggot out

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

don't need to read it, Tony changes his tune from week to the next. win a game and it's 'we have the abilty to be up in the mix' lose a few and it's 'we're just not good enough and don't have the finances to compete with the teams in and around the top 6...' he's just a blow hard never-has-bin dinosaur of a manager. 

Mowbray out

Waggot out

My personal favourite excuse is when he bemoans either the size or quality of his own squad as if it’s something that has nothing to do with him. But he’ll be the first to tell you he doesn’t make excuses. 

• Like 4

He talks that much waffle at times these days that when he does speak with some clarity it's hailed.

Surely he should be talking clear common sense at all times ?

Listened to Eddie Howe yesterday talking about how he's about to approach things at the Newcastle madhouse. Never fail to be impressed by him when he speaks, clear lines in the sand, clear intentions and firm delivery. 

Not comparing him directly to TM they are different eras but you'd never get the likes of Howe shrugging their shoulders. It's either yes we are doing it this way or we aren't and if it doesn't work i'll hold my hands up and fall on the sword.

Mind you maybe in a decades time he'll sound altogether different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He talks that much waffle at times these days that when he does speak with some clarity it's hailed.

Surely he should be talking clear common sense at all times ?

Listened to Eddie Howe yesterday talking about how he's about to approach things at the Newcastle madhouse. Never fail to be impressed by him when he speaks, clear lines in the sand, clear intentions and firm delivery. 

Not comparing him directly to TM they are different eras but you'd never get the likes of Howe shrugging their shoulders. It's either yes we are doing it this way or we aren't and if it doesn't work i'll hold my hands up and fall on the sword.

Mind you maybe in a decades time he'll sound altogether different.

Not really sold on Howe to be honest, but good luck to him though and only time will tell.

The problem I see is he seems the type of manager that needs a long length of time to really put his stamp on a club to get them all on the same page as him, I just don't see him getting more than a year max to really get them moving forward, especially once he starts spending serious money! they'll want to see results pretty sharpish I expect