BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Photo on twitter

Yeah that’s the one I’m talking about. Don’t think he has gone into coaching having been a solicitor for 20 years.

Interesting side note though based on this source...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crown-football-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/3590

Crown Football Ltd is an agency of Simon Conning. Walton and Gallagher are signed to them.

Ryan Nyambe used to be with Crown but is now with Midas.

Nyambe was a regular but now no longer gets in the first team.

Interesting coincidence...

(Where is JAL these days?)

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Like I said, interesting coincidence.

Nyambe’s form dropping when he changed agents and being dropped.

Yet other players walk on water.

Fair enough Stuart..

If players dont perform then they deserve dropping whether it Dack or Travis or Bennett. Thats every player. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough Stuart..

If players dont perform then they deserve dropping whether it Dack or Travis or Bennett. Thats every player. 

From what I remember of the Preston game you could have dropped the lot of them and nobody could have complained. Lenihan had a real nightmare that afternoon as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it can but last 10 games can make the also a difference like Villa who was 13th in March(i think) and got promoted through playoffs. Its balance act. Norwich wasnt top 2 after 10 games last season. 

Wouldn't disagree a strong finish makes a big difference too. No arguments there. But just don't think we can say the first 10 games don't matter because, as the examples I quoted showed, it can and does make a big difference. Not saying the whole picture or even that different parts of the season aren't key, just we can't dismiss our form from the first 10 games completely which is what it sounded like you were saying. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Wouldn't disagree a strong finish makes a big difference too. No arguments there. But just don't think we can say the first 10 games don't matter because, as the examples I quoted showed, it can and does make a big difference. Not saying the whole picture or even that different parts of the season aren't key, just we can't dismiss our form from the first 10 games completely which is what it sounded like you were saying. 

I didnt say it doesnt matter but said you win anything after 10 games. Thats was my point

You might not win anything in the first 10 games but you can certainly lose things. Take Stoke, one of my and many other peoples favourites for a top 6 position at the start of the season, 8 defeats in 10 games has already ruled out promotion and will likely see them in a season long relegation battle. If they'd been mediocre in the first 10 games rather than abysmal and were sat on 10-15 points they'd have a good chance of kicking on for a play off spot.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

You might not win anything in the first 10 games but you can certainly lose things. Take Stoke, one of my and many other peoples favourites for a top 6 position at the start of the season, 8 defeats in 10 games has already ruled out promotion and will likely see them in a season long relegation battle. If they'd been mediocre in the first 10 games rather than abysmal and were sat on 10-15 points they'd have a good chance of kicking on for a play off spot.

Thats a fair point. Leeds did well.for majority of the season but balls it up towards the end of the season. 

We had a decent start but we can kick on and get better. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I didnt say it doesnt matter but said you win anything after 10 games. Thats was my point

Perhaps a misunderstanding then. My caution was the first 10 games can be a significant influence on whether you do win anything. But yes there is time to improve and make playoffs and I hope this is one of the times we don't regret our average start. 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough Stuart..

Yes, but Mowbray doesn’t drop them. Bennett has fooked up at right back more times in the last 12 months than I care to remember. Yet he treats Rothwell  the opposite.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Like I said, interesting coincidence.

Nyambe’s form dropping when he changed agents and being dropped.

Yet other players walk on water.

Another conspiracy ---- again based on some interesting evidence.

Like iv'e alluded to many times at Rovers they seem to favour certain peoples clients on a regular basis it's no wonder they don't think outside the box at times on key signings.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Another conspiracy ---- again based on some interesting evidence.

Like iv'e alluded to many times at Rovers they seem to favour certain peoples clients on a regular basis it's no wonder they don't think outside the box at times on key signings.

It’s interesting seeing the other players who share agencies with our existing players and then the names we get linked to - and even sign.

• Like 1

It looks like he's going to turn out to be another of those managers who's strengths are working on a shoestring with a tight knit small group of freebies, youngsters, modest money signings and loans.

When it comes to spending big money or having a good budget and large squad he might be out his depth.

No real surprise there though but perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to splash more than 2 million on one player at a time in future then his judgement might not be so skewed.  If indeed it is his judgement.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

It looks like he's going to turn out to be another of those managers who's strengths are working on a shoestring with a tight knit small group of freebies, youngsters, modest money signings and loans.

When it comes to spending big money or having a good budget and large squad he might be out his depth.

No real surprise there though but perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to splash more than 2 million on one player at a time in future then his judgement might not be so skewed.  If indeed it is his judgement.

I think you’re absolutely right. That will work in the third tier especially if you can pay great wages relative to everyone else.

Not sure that translates to the Championship and I think we are now on that wheel where we don’t really go anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That was RoyBoy's failing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yeah that’s the one I’m talking about. Don’t think he has gone into coaching having been a solicitor for 20 years.

Interesting side note though based on this source...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crown-football-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/3590

Crown Football Ltd is an agency of Simon Conning. Walton and Gallagher are signed to them.

Ryan Nyambe used to be with Crown but is now with Midas.

Nyambe was a regular but now no longer gets in the first team.

Interesting coincidence...

(Where is JAL these days?)

Conning by name, conning by nature.

• Like 1

Time up for me. He’s simple incapable of taking us forward. He’s unsure of his best team, has a terrible transfer record when spending any real money and ever since he walked through the door been unable to sort our defensive issues. And now we’re barely scoring.

Writing on the wall I’m afraid. This lot are more likely to give him the boot after a winning run though, so I won’t be holding my breath.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!