BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

The next generation of successful managers are out there, that is obvious.  It's being able to identify them. That means your board of directors having their fingers on the pulse of what's really going on in football. Sheff Utd are doing ok with Wilder and the dingles managing to spot Dyche and before him Howe. We've no chance of making a similar appointment because we haven't got a board.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The next generation of successful managers are out there, that is obvious.  It's being able to identify them. That means your board of directors having their fingers on the pulse of what's really going on in football. Sheff Utd are doing ok with Wilder and the dingles managing to spot Dyche and before him Howe. We've no chance of making a similar appointment because we haven't got a board.

well we do have a Board whether you agree with how the board is structure or on the board is a discussion. 

We have a board that has no power, is unable to make decisions without the consent of the owners, and appears to have people in place who have little knowledge of football. Managers come and go at the drop of a hat; if Mowbray left this week a good board would have a list of names to target within days. I'd be surprised if our lot have even thought about it. 

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

We have a board that has no power, is unable to make decisions without the consent of the owners, and appears to have people in place who have little knowledge of football. Managers come and go at the drop of a hat; if Mowbray left this week a good board would have a list of names to target within days. I'd be surprised if our lot have even thought about it. 

A real football chairman will have an idea of who he wants next even if he's happy with the current manager. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

We have a puppet board. Who on earth is Ghandi Babu?

The man who decides how much VH money needs distributing over here and when is best to do it i'd wager.  Wonder if he's a 'stakeholder' as well ? 

If we were to have a change of manager, I wouldn’t necessarily be wanting someone young and hungry. I think we are crying out for a Souness type... someone to drag us kicking and screaming out of the league. I know they are a bit of a dying breed, and it might be a very short term appointment... not to mention the fact that anyone like that and Venky’s wouldn’t be at all compatible.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If we were to have a change of manager, I wouldn’t necessarily be wanting someone young and hungry. I think we are crying out for a Souness type... someone to drag us kicking and screaming out of the league. I know they are a bit of a dying breed, and it might be a very short term appointment... not to mention the fact that anyone like that and Venky’s wouldn’t be at all compatible.

How likely is a change of manager tho Miller11? And who is this Souness type manager? I dont very many like him nowadays. I can only think of Warnock who wont be coming here in a month of Sundays. 

My view is we are nowhere close to Mowbray leaving and I think he is here long term. Which I was. 

My problem with Mowbray is he makes too many mistakes.

All managers screw up but the good ones have enough about them to tweak corrections in game.

Mowbrays tactics and game plan against Charlton were all wrong so blow me he only went and used them again against Luton 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

The man who decides how much VH money needs distributing over here and when is best to do it i'd wager.  Wonder if he's a 'stakeholder' as well ? 

Indirectly you are right. He's the guy who come over and fixes the budget for each department. Its a vital role in keeping the club under control with particular regard to FFP. It stops the club running up debt to the extent they did in the early days. Being in India most of the time he can also sign on behalf of the club in those inter company arrangements that all group companies are involved in.

• Like 1

Unless disaster strikes and we plummet down the league on a similar run to last winter i see no point in any change this season even though he's beginning to boil my piss in many ways.

Best thing to do would be asses it before or after the next window depending on what investment might be available and if or how he chose to spend it.  Then make a decision that if we are well placed and we don't make or nearly make the play offs or if we are just plodding along to a similar finish as last season it is time for a fresh approach next season and stick to it.

Get the irons in the fire, make plans and shake hands in May.

Knowing them and us lot though we'd be howling for him to come back by next October !!!!

We're a striker, right-back, goalkeeper and centre-back short of an automatic promotion team imo. Maybe we could sneak into the playoffs if we put a decent run together, but just like under Bowyer, I think we'd bottle it as soon as we got a whiff of top six.

Of course, some managers are able to create a side that's greater than the sum of its parts and be successful, usually when a team has a well-defined system and every player knows their role.  Mowbray seems to be of the opposite school of thought, keep the system and team selection as nebulous as possible depending on who you're playing against.

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

We're a striker, right-back, goalkeeper and centre-back short of an automatic promotion team imo. Maybe we could sneak into the playoffs if we put a decent run together, but just like under Bowyer, I think we'd bottle it as soon as we got a whiff of top six.

Of course, some managers are able to create a side that's greater than the sum of its parts and be successful, usually when a team has a well-defined system and every player knows their role.  Mowbray seems to be of the opposite school of thought, keep the system and team selection as nebulous as possible depending on who you're playing against.

That's exactly what boils my piss regularly but he'll never change and it always seems the remit to whoever is in charge here to use as many players as possible for some very odd reason.  My guess would be word from above to keep value / get value in players by appearances and justify the wages they are paid otherwise the football experts in India will say you don't need so many on the books.

In TM they've got the perfect guy to apply that he must lay 12 shirts on the bed every single morning and 24 pairs of socks before looking at his diary and selecting accordingly for the day in hand.

• Like 1