BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Good point well made...the main issue is if we don’t upgrade regularly, eventually the site will crash never to return. Some things are configurable, some aren’t, so essentially the key imperative is to keep the site running then (& only then) do we consider the cosmetic changes.

We had fallen behind the upgrade timetable but thanks to some Sterling efforts (& let’s be clear here, I’m talking about people giving up weekends & evenings....repeatedly) we are slowly but surely clawing it back.

If you are all happy to pay £25 per month to use the site we’ll update it every week...😉

We give up a LOT of time to keep this train on the tracks so a bit of tolerance & understanding goes a long way 👍🏻

It's appreciated by the majority I'd imagine. We're not all entitled ingrates😉

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Speaking of, did Newell break his leg in that tackle? I was at the game but have no memory of it at all.

I do remember the FA Cup game the year after. They were top of the Championship or whatever division 2 was called back then and thought that they'd beat us. Cue a Roy Wegerle goal and a lot of mad Geordies. They charged down Nuttall St. after the game. 

The Darwen End was being done up too. It had no roof but still had the metal beams. One of their fans climbed up to the top of one. 

That was my memory of it mate. We went on a bad run without him in the team and only really recovered when he returned.

Could you imagine someone being carried off the pitch like that these days?

56 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

My apologies if I have upset you and the others who maintain the site. It was never my intention to do do so, just my frustration as a techno fossil of not being able to find where to go when you liked a particular post. 

Understood...thanks for apologising...it's frustrating for us as well having to reconfigure everything after an upgrade 👍

5 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Good point well made...the main issue is if we don’t upgrade regularly, eventually the site will crash never to return. Some things are configurable, some aren’t, so essentially the key imperative is to keep the site running then (& only then) do we consider the cosmetic changes.

We had fallen behind the upgrade timetable but thanks to some Sterling efforts (& let’s be clear here, I’m talking about people giving up weekends & evenings....repeatedly) we are slowly but surely clawing it back.

If you are all happy to pay £25 per month to use the site we’ll update it every week...😉

We give up a LOT of time to keep this train on the tracks so a bit of tolerance & understanding goes a long way 👍🏻

I have been on quite a few other clubs supporters web sites and none of them are anywhere near as good and professional as this one. So thanks and well done to all.

Thanks for telling me how to edit. I found out how to "like" a post by moving my cursor around someone else's "like". To the right of that, in the bottom right hand corner, the "like" symbol appears as if by magic.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That was my memory of it mate. We went on a bad run without him in the team and only really recovered when he returned.

There's an awful lot happening that would not be occurring today. For a start I reckon that the ref would seriously look at calling the game off due to an unfit pitch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Speaking of, did Newell break his leg in that tackle? I was at the game but have no memory of it at all.

I do remember the FA Cup game the year after. They were top of the Championship or whatever division 2 was called back then and thought that they'd beat us. Cue a Roy Wegerle goal and a lot of mad Geordies. They charged down Nuttall St. after the game. 

The Darwen End was being done up too. It had no roof but still had the metal beams. One of their fans climbed up to the top of one. 

18 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

My apologies if I have upset you and the others who maintain the site. It was never my intention to do do so, just my frustration as a techno fossil of not being able to find where to go when you liked a particular post. 

That goes for me too. Not everybody is at the same level regarding their IT capabilities. I'm just pond life in that respect. I like things to be obvious and with all due respect neither the edit button or the like button were obvious. As an old boss of mine used to say - " Make it idiot proof ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

great goal from weggers,a player of blinding talent who could do nothing for 89 minutes then come up with a moment of magic😇,the blackburn end went completely mental and i missed my lift home!!

I remember that day very well. I'd had to go to our next door neighbours wedding. It was all a bit fur coat and no knickers. A church job with six bridesmaids all nicely tricked out but obviously other aspects had not been taken care of so well.

We got to the reception about 4-30 and right on the dot at 5-00 they announced the food was being served. I said to my wife I'll just pop out and get the scores on my little radio, no mobile phones then.

I listened to the scores on " Sports Report " and when I got back in at about 5-10 all the buffet had been eaten ! My wife and I were starving, we had to nip out to the local chip shop !

The marriage lasted about 6 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember that day very well. I'd had to go to our next door neighbours wedding. It was all a bit fur coat and no knickers. A church job with six bridesmaids all nicely tricked out but obviously other aspects had not been taken care of so well.

We got to the reception about 4-30 and right on the dot at 5-00 they announced the food was being served. I said to my wife I'll just pop out and get the scores on my little radio, no mobile phones then.

I listened to the scores on " Sports Report " and when I got back in at about 5-10 all the buffet had been eaten ! My wife and I were starving, we had to nip out to the local chip shop !

The marriage lasted about 6 months.

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours  😂

On 08/12/2020 at 14:49, oldjamfan1 said:

The game nearly didnt start ..because of that mad bastard Geordie who climbed up on top of the stands open metal beams and refused to come down ..with the ref refusing for the game to start till he did !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rovers lose the Abbey habit..

A Tuesday night in February, away to Cambridge and a decent following, hero’s everyone that travelled. I salute you, 28yrs after the fact, but better late than never.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gav said:

A Tuesday night in February, away to Cambridge and a decent following, hero’s everyone that travelled. I salute you, 28yrs after the fact, but better late than never.

I was there, it was rotten. Only travelling from London, though. I think one of the very few failings King Kenny had as a manager was an understandable lack of ability in countering anti-football sides like Cambridge. From memory, he just packed the team with as many 6 footers as he could find.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elvis Biro said:

I was there, it was rotten. Only travelling from London, though. I think one of the very few failings King Kenny had as a manager was an understandable lack of ability in countering anti-football sides like Cambridge. From memory, he just packed the team with as many 6 footers as he could find.

I went to the abandoned game away at Cambridge, that was a long way back....

Ive just searched for the game in question, can’t find it, did it actually happen? Or have I dreamed that one?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 09:49, oldjamfan1 said:

I went on Wikipedia for a refresher. You were right. After his leg break Rovers lost 2, drew 3, and won 1 - then lost 6 in a row. Frightening form. The rot ended with a draw at Tranmere on Easter Monday. After that the only defeat was Derby away in the playoffs.

As an extra the defending for those Cambridge goals was terrible. The second in particular was a comedy of errors. It all started with a Rovers throw too.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I went on Wikipedia for a refresher. You were right. After his leg break Rovers lost 2, drew 3, and won 1 - then lost 6 in a row. Frightening form. The rot ended with a draw at Tranmere on Easter Monday. After that the only defeat was Derby away in the playoffs.

As an extra the defending for those Cambridge goals was terrible. The second in particular was a comedy of errors. It all started with a Rovers throw too.

We celebrated that draw at Tranmere like it was a win. Great day out as I think Leeds overtook United in the title race that day as well.

• Like 1