BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

We have the fans but like i said earlier the mindset is in many cases a lot different than those at Preston and certainly Bolton now. We are very much a team and club that bobbles along with a set of people running it who often flounder about and seem more content to guard their own positions. Then a set of very wealthy people in a far off land just sign the cheques and pay for it all.

People aren't daft they see what's going on and the rare back of a fag packet owners statements and managers blather has long worn thin. I'm not saying it's right but it is understandable to a degree why a lot say 'why should i bother'.  The malaise has always set in quick at clubs like ours and what Waggot and co upstairs need to realize is people need stimulating and encouraging. They need something to look forwards to and a feeling it's worth it and there is a means to an end. 

Other words we need to see something being built with a genuine aim in mind not just here to make up the numbers and be grateful for it. They spend their time and money then, otherwise it stays in their pockets because rightly or wrongly the view becomes Venkys don't need it and the manager and players get paid millions collectively regardless.

Bit more of a local working mans 'in it together' feel to Preston and Bolton i'd say were'as its been lost somewhat at Ewood over the last decade. Sadly it's often as 'us' and 'them' feeling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mhead said:

Where would you pitch it? Surely we can sell more than Wanderers.

I'll have a bet now with anyone who wants it that we dont sell more than Bolton.

Waggott will massage the figures to vindicate his approach but take off the comps and free kids tickets and sales will be less than 7000 I expect.

Some will say that's all part of life in the 2nd division or due to coronavirus or point out that 40 years ago we had a similar number at this level.

Still doesn't explain how a 4th division club down the road sell more.

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends what is galvanising the fanbase to buy tickets in decent numbers. New ownership? A sense that the club is theirs and needs supporting? New manager promising quality football? Lots of reasons why a big town like Bolton, in what should be a successful campaign, should sell 7k ST's. 

FWIW, if Venkys did one and left us in the 4th Div with new owners that the fans liked we'd sell 7k ST's

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'll have a bet now with anyone who wants it that we dont sell more than Bolton.

Waggott will massage the figures to vindicate his approach but take off the comps and free kids tickets and sales will be less than 7000 I expect.

Some will say that's all part of life in the 2nd division or due to coronavirus or point out that 40 years ago we had a similar number at this level.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Not sure I follow the Liverpool comparison. £685 to watch one of the best football sides in the world, playing at the highest level, 100 million fans ish world wide, sold out stadium every week.

In terms of where to pitch the price I’d say with the ill will and apathy towards the club the only way we’d shift decent numbers is if that lowest bolton price was our highest. Embarrassingly low. The Venkys can stump up the rest. Their baby after all 

Ok compare with Preston then!!

26 minutes ago, unsall said:

Ok compare with Preston then!!

I think preston fans have been shafted vis a vis value for money. The difference between the 2 clubs is there’s presumably good will built up over years which nobend want to cash in on. With rovers there’s zero good will in the bank so they pretty much need to bend over backwards to get rovers fans in. Needless to say we won’t but don’t expect more than a few thousand if priced anything like nobend

Just caught up with the statement from Waggons 24 hours late.

After I've  been extremely critical of the Club for an apparent unwillingness to do anything at this crucial time I suppose any communication of sorts outlining their thoughts is welcome but as another poster said that's where the credit stops.

So forgive me if I've misread it but my understanding of the statement is:

- there'll be no credit carried forward for any supporters who weren't happy with or who were unable to access an I follow pass at the end of last season

- prices for this season will be in excess of a  full priced ticket for actual attendance at 19 games last year. Increases thinly passed off as necessary to compensate for a price freeze for younger fans.

- no refunds on this year's full season ticket price if part or all of the season takes price behind closed doors.

- "We're all in it together" but whilst supporters will be asked to shell out extra for a season ticket this season for games they may not even be able to see in person, there's no suggestion Waggott will be volunteering to take a small cut in his 300k  p.a. salary to demonstrate that, like the fans, he will be doing his bit.

I'm aghast, but perhaps not surprised, at the brass neck of Waggott. I've never met the bloke but he comes across as an absolute moron. John Williams was always very steadfast in his belief that the fans should show loyalty to the Club but I doubt even he would have the brass neck to come out with that pile of crap.

I always thought that I would renew my ST no matter what the circumstances or even if I didn't attend (down to Mowbray rather than Covid) to help the Club out but I have to say Waggott is testing my patience to the absolute limit. On a minor note, how the fook can you buy a shirt to help out (which again I would have been willing to do) when they can't even be bothered to open the Club shop or come up with a date when they'll be on general sale?

My better half has seen the Club statement and her response was "You're not getting one are you, you don't even know if you'll be allowed in". Have to say that's the pragmatic view but Waggott's response appears to be "You'll have to take that possibility on the chin AND pay more for the privilege"

I'm astounded that anyone of full capacity could even utter the words "price increase" in the current climate. Prices should have been frozen across the Board from last year as a thank you for supporters who continue to support the Club at a difficult time with further refunds or credit given for any games that can't be viewed in person and have to be watched on i follow.

• Like 5

Brentford are based in London. So of course their prices will be higher. Incomes are much higher although pro rata I expect their season tickets are probably better value than ours when average incomes are factored in.

Furthermore they will have to cover the costs of running a ground in London - paying staff and stewards will be much higher than in Blackburn which probably eats up the difference.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Brentford are based in London. So of course their prices will be higher. Incomes are much higher although pro rata I expect their season tickets are probably better value than ours when average incomes are factored in.

Furthermore they will have to cover the costs of running a ground in London - paying staff and stewards will be much higher than in Blackburn which probably eats up the difference.

So that includes little old Wycombe I suppose, have you seen those prices?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

But our riverside Wont be £449.

Nor are the facilities in the Riverside remotely comparable to what they will be like in Brentford's new stadium.

Rather silly example anyway primarily  due to the London weighting but also the gulf in class between the two Clubs on the pitch and in the manager's dug out.

Would you be willing to pay £449 here if we had their team, manager and recruitment set up? I certainly would.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nor are the facilities in the Riverside remotely comparable to what they will be like in Brentford's new stadium.

Rather silly example anyway primarily  due to the London weighting but also the gulf in class between the two Clubs on the pitch and in the manager's dug out.

Would you be willing to pay £449 here if we had their team, manager and recruitment set up? I certainly would.

Yeah everything seems to be a bad example because you don’t want to compare, Wycombe prices more than us, Preston also,  both grounds don’t compare with ours. Obviously others will be cheaper, others dearer, we are probably in the middle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I think preston fans have been shafted vis a vis value for money. The difference between the 2 clubs is there’s presumably good will built up over years which nobend want to cash in on. With rovers there’s zero good will in the bank so they pretty much need to bend over backwards to get rovers fans in. Needless to say we won’t but don’t expect more than a few thousand if priced anything like nobend

There was a lot of goodwill after promotion that they failed to cash in on they chose that moment to nudge prices up presuming there'd be a few more on and boost takings significantly.  

They chose the wrong path there it should have been all efforts to get missing and casual fans back on board regularly with something bold. It's just a fact of life that needs doing here every now and again.

Paid the price since with gates slowly shrinking before covid.

To be honest Rovers commercial operation is piss poor.

No season ticket prices

No home shirt on sale via roverstore or online

No details as to the colours of the away shirt

No efforts to link in with supporters other than a piss poor Waggy statement!

its rank amateur and a very sad reflection on what BRFC have become!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

I highly doubt that the facilities in the Riverside compare with the facilities at Brentford's new stadium. In fact there are better facilities in the National League North than those you get in the Riverside.

Will it even be open in the forseeable ?

Just now, unsall said:

Yeah everything seems to be a bad example because you don’t want to compare, Wycombe prices more than us, Preston also,  both grounds don’t compare with ours. Obviously others will be cheaper, others dearer, we are probably in the middle.

I am comparing!

Brentford are in London, we're not which makes the entire comparison virtually meaningless.

As a secondary factor the facilities in the Riverside are antiquated by modern standards which is why its considerably cheaper than the rest of the ground.

Haven't seen Preston's or Wycombe's prices but if they're more than us that doesn't mean to say we've got it right, more that both Clubs have got it wrong in Preston's case and in the case of Wycombe you again have to take into account disposable income down there.

13 minutes ago, unsall said:

The proof will be in the pudding. You see no issues, Facebook sees no issues.

So presumably we’ll be selling plenty, certainly outselling a local fourth division outfit that are at 7k already.

If we don’t get close, why Unsall?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, unsall said:

So that includes little old Wycombe I suppose, have you seen those prices?

The difference is Wycombe have never played at this level in their history they know whatever they put their tickets on sale for they will sale. Also Wycombe and the surrounding area are affluent places. At Rovers we are seeing declining season ticket sales, a stagnating team and the area its self which was far from affluent before Covid has been one of the hardest hit by Covid. And that is why our sales will be poor for the new season.

Also compare and contrast (from the link below) what Wycombe did to what Waggott did. Waggott would have got a bit more sympathy for raising prices again if he hadn't opted for the disgraceful approach that he did at the end of last season. Sadly we are not seen as supporters by Waggott but just as customers and all he is interested in are our wallets.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/ticket-rebate-options-announced/

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The proof will be in the pudding. You see no issues, Facebook sees no issues.

So presumably we’ll be selling plenty, certainly outselling a local fourth division outfit that are at 7k already.

There are people out there who feel constantly let down by the club and can see nothing positive in anything they do (must admit I’m in that category and I genuinely think there’s pretty much no positives to come out of the last decade). Or maybe I’m so bitter about them I can’t see any. Then there are those who can see no wrong in anything the club does. A kind of sweet love is blind kind of way.

But I suspect the majority of people take a pragmatic view and are just in the middle ground. It’s these people the club needs to keep on side. Lose them over overzealous pricing you might lose them forever. Just seems a crappy way to lose fans when our billionaire owners don’t really need the money from a few thousand paying 50 quid or so more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

There was a lot of goodwill after promotion that they failed to cash in on they chose that moment to nudge prices up presuming there'd be a few more on and boost takings significantly.  

They chose the wrong path there it should have been all efforts to get missing and casual fans back on board regularly with something bold. It's just a fact of life that needs doing here every now and again.

Paid the price since with gates slowly shrinking before covid.

We will never have a bold pricing strategy under Waggott.

It’s not about getting bums on seats it’s about dividing the number of expected ST holders by the income he needs to achieve on the balance sheet. One day it will blow up in his face.

I bet he couldn’t believe his luck when he got the gig here.

• Like 3

I'd like to know from Waggott why he lied/misled supporters in May by suggesting that there would be a discount on season tickets.

I'd also like to know what efforts he has made in his 3 years at the club to grow our fanbase.

If the best he can come up with is dishing out freebies to a couple of games a year in the BBE upper (why should I subsidise that?) then he's in the wrong job.

I'm talking about serious efforts to re-engage lost fans beyond Darwen services across Lancashire. I live in Ossy and Accy Stanley have a bigger presence in schools and the community.

• Like 2