BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Pitiful numbers unless there is an astonishing late surge. Even with Covid restrictions (which affect every club, not just Rovers funnily enough) it’s well below expectations.

At any other time, under any other owners, someone’s head would have rolled. Instead there’ll be a sigh, a shrug, and blaming the fans. With absolute ignorance towards the fact that it’s precisely that attitude which is feeding the problem.

I fear the club will go before he does. Some fans are actually lauding his influence and agree with him.

Like the proverbial boiling frogs.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2020 at 23:14, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I’m currently recovering from major surgery so will be shielding and therefore not able attend matches whilst infection rates are high. I know others who are also unwilling to attend for similar reasons. 

I have contacted the club several times stating that I would be happy to renew my season ticket if iFollow was an option to attending but to date have not received a definitive answer. 

It seems that the club are missing out on renewals from a significant number of fans because they are assuming that most are actually wanting to attend matches when in reality many, more vulnerable folk, are not comfortable in doing so. 

The club have confirmed to me today for those that have renewed - 'once supporters are allowed back into the stadium if you are shielding and do not wish to attend in person we can continue to issue iFollow codes for all home games'.

This is a positive development and brings us in line with most other clubs in the Championship.

• Like 2

Just now, sage said:

The club have confirmed to me today for those that have renewed - 'once supporters are allowed back into the stadium if you are shielding and do not wish to attend in person we can continue to issue iFollow codes for all home games'.

This is a positive development and brings us in line with most other clubs in the Championship.

Yes that’s precisely why I renewed. I’m shielding so my only option is iFollow which the club have agreed to for home games. A small refund for games behind closed doors and I’m OK with that. 

I think they need to extend the deadline to accommodate any fans in a similar position as this was not previously communicated. 

COYB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Pitiful numbers unless there is an astonishing late surge. Even with Covid restrictions (which affect every club, not just Rovers funnily enough) it’s well below expectations.

At any other time, under any other owners, someone’s head would have rolled. Instead there’ll be a sigh, a shrug, and blaming the fans. With absolute ignorance towards the fact that it’s precisely that attitude which is feeding the problem.

I fear the club will go before he does. Some fans are actually lauding his influence and agree with him.

Like the proverbial boiling frogs.

‘Wise words’

’’The club is in safe hands’

... Are some of the usual top rated comments on the LT following whatever corporate waffle he’s just been spouting.

• Like 4

Waggott's £300,000 per year expertise in selling season tickets:

1) Leave it as late as possible to begin selling, often months behind rival clubs

2) Increase prices in all areas

3) Zero consultation with people who actually buy tickets

4) Come up with some pointless 'strapline' this year being 'We are Together' to try and project an image that we're all in the same boat whilst hard up low income fans pay his exorbitant salary.

5) Embark upon a campaign of guilt tripping and emotional blackmail and imply that people considering not renewing are harming the club and are to blame for any hardship that comes along in future

6) Marketing efforts go as far as plonking Mowbray and various players infront of a camera and tell us how fantastic the supporters are and how much they are needed

7) Deliver a reduction in sales numbers year on year

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This is exactly what Waggott and co are trying to do. The divisive tactics have been employed since the day Venky’s came in. All their minions have tried similar tactics.

Sadly some people buy it and allow the deflection from their decade of failings.

Even the leadership of the Rovers Trust are now in lockstep with said minions by the look at their posts on here.

Couple that with the ever-acquiescent Fans Forum, who would the club even consult with these days that would give them some actual hard truths and warn them of the idiocy of their policies?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

If this is the way they treat and speak to fans whilst in Blackburn and trying to get money out of them you can only begin to imagine the way they think and speak about the fans over in the Pune Ivory Towers when trying to impress the owners.

Waggott having to justify his salary will presumably have sold himself to them on the basis he is going to make those fans pay what they should and reduce the burden on Venkys. The owners won't have the foggiest but probably impressed by his spiel as so many supporters seem to be, as some were with Senior and Shebby once upon a time.

We will only see the long term impact of such policies down the line when Waggott's enjoying his retirement a long way away from Blackburn and the owners are still tucked away in India and those left are rattling around Ewood.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"The response to the first phase of sales has been extremely encouraging"

A blatant lie!

I suppose it’s true in a black comedy kind of way, finally getting them on sale and getting over 2,000 folk forking out £400 - £600 for a pass not to enter Ewood Park just as East Lancs went into lockdown and Boris pretty much confirmed no entry until at least March

Tell you what ain’t ‘encouraging’, though. 18,000 ST holders lost in a decade.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Just now, roversfan99 said:

"The response to the first phase of sales has been extremely encouraging"

A blatant lie!

There was never a mention of a first or second phase until today. It was a deadline of October 2nd and nothing mentioned beyond that. The Ewood spin machine ties itself in knots once again.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott's £300,000 per year expertise in selling season tickets:

1) Leave it as late as possible to begin selling, often months behind rival clubs

2) Increase prices in all areas

3) Zero consultation with people who actually buy tickets

4) Come up with some pointless 'strapline' this year being 'We are Together' to try and project an image that we're all in the same boat whilst hard up low income fans pay his exorbitant salary.

5) Embark upon a campaign of guilt tripping and emotional blackmail and imply that people considering not renewing are harming the club and are to blame for any hardship that comes along in future

6) Marketing efforts go as far as plonking Mowbray and various players infront of a camera and tell us how fantastic the supporters are and how much they are needed

7) Deliver a reduction in sales numbers year on year

I think I see where the problem lies...

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There was never a mention of a first or second phase until today. It was a deadline of October 2nd and nothing mentioned beyond that. The Ewood spin machine ties itself in knots once again.

It only adds to the distrust.

”You’ll get a discount off next year’s season pass”

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've decided to renew and jumped on the promotion hype train! 

Basically, the bottom line is - Waggot has really fucked me off. BUT I do hope that we'll get in to the ground for a game this season, that'll be a nice day if/when it happens.

• Like 7

• Backroom

Fair play Ruaney

I’ve not renewed, I don’t particularly enjoy watching on a delayed stream but may buy the odd match pass 

Hope my seat is free next season, will review options then if not 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Fair play Ruaney

I’ve not renewed, I don’t particularly enjoy watching on a delayed stream but may buy the odd match pass 

Every chance it never even gets to a stage where socially distanced seats are allocated...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fair play Ruaney

Neither do I if I am honest but I always talk myself into buying the games on a Saturday anyway so i'll save money this way I think. Plus the pull of me keeping my seat I have had for 20 years played a big part too! Just bittersweet knowing I'm paying over the odds for a lacklustre service.

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Same here. I hate watching streams that are around 1 minute delayed. 

So at this stage I won't be buying one until we get some sort of notice on re entering the stadium. but will buy club merchandise from the shop in the coming months. 

2 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Plus the pull of me keeping my seat I have had for 20 years played a big part too! 

That's the only reason I would buy one but the other factors that outweight that one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Yes that’s precisely why I renewed. I’m shielding so my only option is iFollow which the club have agreed to for home games. A small refund for games behind closed doors and I’m OK with that. 

I think they need to extend the deadline to accommodate any fans in a similar position as this was not previously communicated. 

COYB

Someone at the club is reading this board. 

The only problem being is that unless the club offer something more enticing they aren’t going to increase sales significantly.