BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good post. Understandable giddiness from the usual suspects trying to score points but there's no evidence yet that we've eradicated our two main weaknesses from the last couple of seasons  1) shipping goals for fun away from home 2) being unable to break teams down at home who come and defend deep. 

I think with the likes of Elliot out wide and not Gally (and Douglas & a firing BB on the other side)  we can be hopeful that the creativity issue at Ewood can be resolved. Hopefully we learn to defend away from home. 

I was looking at the stats from yesterdays Reading v Rotherham game. Reading had 37% of the possession, Rotherham 63% yet Reading had 5 shots on target and Rotherham 1 I get the feeling that Tuesdays game will be a repeat of the Cardiff and Forest games. A well organised team defensively, quite happy to let us have most of the ball, just waiting for the inevitable Rovers mistake at the back, knowing that one goal will be enough. We need to be ready for them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Anyone know what a flat track bully is?

Cricket term.

Some batsmen can score 100s for fun when the pitch (Track) is flat and easy paced, bowlers struggle to move the ball and the batter can just hit through the line of the ball and whack it around.

On a tougher pitch, where the ball is deviating about, the same batsman can struggle - I.e a ‘flat track bully’. The best batsmen can thrive under any conditions.

Ergo, can Rovers thrive against top end opponents, not just struggling ones.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was looking at the stats from yesterdays Reading v Rotherham game. Reading had 37% of the possession, Rotherham 63% yet Reading had 5 shots on target and Rotherham 1 I get the feeling that Tuesdays game will be a repeat of the Cardiff and Forest games. A well organised team defensively, quite happy to let us have most of the ball, just waiting for the inevitable Rovers mistake at the back, knowing that one goal will be enough. We need to be ready for them.

100% that’ll be their game plan. Keep it tight, let us have the ball and snatch one on the break. They have the players to do it on the counter too. As you say, Mowbray and his team simply have to find a way around this set up for us to challenge this season. 

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a worry...I still think the introduction of the new players can be the difference. We are far more potent than Rotherham. We’ve got to take our chances and draw them out...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Sorry lads I was being sarcastic ?

Being into cricket, you realise just how many terms end up in everyday speech.

’I need this done by close of play’

’On a sticky wicket’

’Hit for 6’

’flat batted it’

’had a good innings’

British equivalent to all the baseball terms you hear in American discourse 

• Like 1

Analysing the game on Quest's EFL highlights show, Parkin said: "They're probably one of the last teams in the division you'd want to go down to ten men for 75 minutes against because Blackburn's front line are scintillating at the moment."

Morrison followed that up, adding: "Harvey Elliott and Brereton are really good. Armstrong has been oustanding. Tell me a better front three in the Championship at the moment? I can't, and they're in really good form.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s a worry...I still think the introduction of the new players can be the difference. We are far more potent than Rotherham. We’ve got to take our chances and draw them out...

As I was saying in the Brereton thread, Big Ben is the key. If he can run at them from an attacking midfield position like he did at Coventry he'll be asking questions of their defence they might not have the answers to. A few free kicks for Douglas to have a go at would be handy. More than in most games whoever scores first will be crucial.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

’On a sticky wicket’

’Hit for 6’

’flat batted it’

’had a good innings’

Yes there are lots, like " being stumped for an answer " " Get on the front foot " etc

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

’On a sticky wicket’

’Hit for 6’

’flat batted it’

’had a good innings’

"The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey"

Might be the other way around actually 

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 2