BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Let’s see at the end of the season, I think you sell more if you offer incentives. You also increase the number of casual buyers and on the fencers. The more Rovers shirts on kids the better. A kid kit costs best part of £100 quid, kid gets a choice of that or say the new FIFA, a lot choose fifa and we have less rovers shirts on kids. 

There are differing pricing strategies of course but I just think they’ve missed a trick of directing loads of traffic and business to the site today who might make secondary purchases that they wouldn’t normally make. Whereas I bet there will be plenty like me who looked on and thought what a joke and bought nowt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Let’s see at the end of the season, I think you sell more if you offer incentives. You also increase the number of casual buyers and on the fencers. The more Rovers shirts on kids the better. A kid kit costs best part of £100 quid, kid gets a choice of that or say the new FIFA, a lot choose fifa and we have less rovers shirts on kids. 

There are differing pricing strategies of course but I just think they’ve missed a trick of directing loads of traffic and business to the site today who might make secondary purchases that they wouldn’t normally make. Whereas I bet there will be plenty like me who looked on and thought what a joke and bought nowt. 

Obviously you will sell some more if you discount. That’s a logical marketing move if you can ring your supplier up on Monday and re-stock but Rovers can’t do that.

They have what they have and they want it to last so that someone coming into the shop after Christmas still has some choice. That went horribly wrong last season and they upped the order by 20% this season. Sales are ahead of last year and the third kit is pretty much sold out already.

It is almost impossible to get sales just right so the last stock is sold on the last day of the season and it’s doubtful that will be achieved this time. But making some big discounts at this time of year when sales are going well just doesn’t make sense.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So we won’t have aChristmasct least one of the shirts in stock at Christmas, again? Why does this only happen here?

I was at the Christmas Sparkle on Thursday and spoke to one of the shop assistants who told me that there would not be any more stock arriving of new kits. Looking at the stock they had there wasn't too much so I think if anybody wants to buy any for Christmas they need to get down there quickly.

Selling out will probably be spinned by some as a positive but I'll wager there will be plenty of fans who want to buy something but can't because of the lack of foresight.

Every year this happens. Have a look at any other club’s website around Christmas and in the new year, never seems to be an issue for them.

China, Suez Canal, Macron, Covid have all been blamed on here for these seemingly unique annual logistics issues in BB2, absolutely nothing to do with poor stock management and procurement, of course.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

On 24/11/2023 at 21:05, only2garners said:

They have what they have and they want it to last so that someone coming into the shop after Christmas still has some choice.

I know what you say is correct, they have a finite number of shirts to sell, but this makes no business sense - please don't buy our stock because we will run out!

They should follow the laws of supply and demand like all other businesses - sell as much as possible as quickly as possible and then re-stock.

If the manufacturers can't provide this flexibility then change manufacturers.

16 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I know what you say is correct, they have a finite number of shirts to sell, but this makes no business sense - please don't buy our stock because we will run out!

They should follow the laws of supply and demand like all other businesses - sell as much as possible as quickly as possible and then re-stock.

That's how any other business on earth would do it.

This is venkys FC though.

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

‘Sorry we can’t sell you that’

’Why not’

’Because someone might want to buy it’

’But I want to buy it’

‘Sorry we can’t sell you that’

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Latest fans forum minutes are up

Looks like the blame for the Leeds pricing isn’t at our end.

I wrote to Waggott some time ago asking about the possibility of a reciprocal deal and I said I fully understand the need to charge Leeds fans full price and if that was the case he might want to consider offering us discounted tickets for the game at Elland Road subsidised by the club. That way he still gets a bit payday at Ewood and offers a gesture of goodwill and understanding to Rovers fans (as well as a smack in the eye for greedy Leeds). He didn't say no outright but the tone of his reply suggested to me he's not interested.

I know for a fact that given that the whole of the Darwen end would sell out, despite the £47 per ticket meant it was more important that the £150K to be made on this, was more important than a cheaper ticket for the away fixture for Rovers fans.

I was told categorically that “We could not afford to discount the tickets and lose £40K”. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I notice that people have complained about vaping in the seats. Wouldnt a potential way to reduce that be to open the doors at half time for people to go outside, I dont get why that was mentioned. And then just as importantly, it helps with crowding on the concourse.

The doors in the Blackburn end are opened at half-time