BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What are you listening to right now?

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Always radio 4 in our house. We have an internet radio that can play 35,000 stations according to the maker ( Revo ) but it's always tuned to radio 4 apart from Saturday afternoons when it's Radio Lancashire.

Exactly the same! Occasionally 5Live.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Exactly the same! Occasionally 5Live.

I used to play lots American Blues and R&B  stations on it but I've sort of got out of the habit. I used to tune into a Tex-Mex music site to try and polish up my Spanish but they speak really quickly. I'm a radio nut so we have a radio in every room, two in the lounge. One by my chair so I can listen on head phones if my wife has something I don't like on TV. That's not to mention the the tuner in the hi fi set up I never use these days. The Revo's are great radios, I can recommend them.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It was R4 earlier, but now R2 waiting for Pop Master

Usually have R2 on all day whilst working from home - the lads at work know not to ring between 1030 and 11!

One of them even joked he was going to get me this for Christmas (tight b*stard didn't follow it through through! 😄😞

Image result for stop for popmaster

• Like 2

Sadly, working nights I don't usually get the chance to play Pop Master very often nowadays, my radio listening consists of Talksport between 9pm and 1am then Absolute or Absolute Classic Rock till 7am then local Pirate radio till 9am.

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Sadly, working nights I don't usually get the chance to play Pop Master very often nowadays, my radio listening consists of Talksport between 9pm and 1am then Absolute or Absolute Classic Rock till 7am then local Pirate radio till 9am.

You can download it or listen again on bbc sounds DeeCee.

250DC990-2990-4394-A09C-58F7FD8B9C22.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to play lots American Blues and R&B  stations on it but I've sort of got out of the habit. I used to tune into a Tex-Mex music site to try and polish up my Spanish but they speak really quickly. I'm a radio nut so we have a radio in every room, two in the lounge. One by my chair so I can listen on head phones if my wife has something I don't like on TV. That's not to mention the the tuner in the hi fi set up I never use these days. The Revo's are great radios, I can recommend them.

I've got one of those table-top Bose wave-radios but mostly I listen via iPad/laptop.

I love 4 Extra as well, good serial on the weekend takes me back decades.

Really love radio on demand. Would choose it over TV if you were only allowed one of them!

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I've got one of those table-top Bose wave-radios but mostly I listen via iPad/laptop.

I love 4 Extra as well, good serial on the weekend takes me back decades.

Really love radio on demand. Would choose it over TV if you were only allowed one of them!

4 Extra is good if you like the old stuff which can be so bad it's good if you know what I mean. We've been out in Spain with no TV for 8 weeks at a time and to be honest I didn't miss it.

Me and the Mrs relived a great set from 2019 tonight. Only got to see a bit of this due to a clash - we can't quite remember who the clash was though...either Chase and Status or Congo Natty which tells its own tale as to the state of us............

For the younger audience I will say. If anyone has ever been to Boomtown this stage is quite the experience when the sun goes down. We were sceptical about Carl Cox but fuck he delivered with a banger. 

• Like 2

On 09/02/2021 at 10:21, Dreams of 1995 said:

In a bit of a funky mood this morning. This guy is a mixer, trust me.

For the fans of this type of music skip to about 32 minutes for one of the best drops in music history. You will not regret it.

16 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Me and the Mrs relived a great set from 2019 tonight. Only got to see a bit of this due to a clash - we can't quite remember who the clash was though...either Chase and Status or Congo Natty which tells its own tale as to the state of us............

For the younger audience I will say. If anyone has ever been to Boomtown this stage is quite the experience when the sun goes down. We were sceptical about Carl Cox but fuck he delivered with a banger. 

Thanks for these excellent sets. Never heard of folamour before but I’m loving it. 
I’ve always wanted to see Carl Cox live, he just knows house music inside out. A true maestro. 
Probably the best DJ set I was at would be 2 many DJs at custom house square in Belfast, but I’m going to share this set from DJ Sneak, found it years ago and I keep coming back to it. 
https://youtu.be/PcCFVDrH4nw

oh yes and I’d love to have seen Congo natty as well, got some of his releases on 12” 👌 

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Thanks for these excellent sets. Never heard of folamour before but I’m loving it. 
I’ve always wanted to see Carl Cox live, he just knows house music inside out. A true maestro. 
Probably the best DJ set I was at would be 2 many DJs at custom house square in Belfast, but I’m going to share this set from DJ Sneak, found it years ago and I keep coming back to it. 
https://youtu.be/PcCFVDrH4nw

oh yes and I’d love to have seen Congo natty as well, got some of his releases on 12” 👌 

You have excellent music taste my man! 

I’ll let you know my thoughts on DJ Sneak later, it’ll be our background music when making tea 😎

Congo Natty was mind blowing. We worked it out today that was the clash. Nanci and Phoebe performed with him - starting with a crowd rendition of Three Little Birds following a death of a friend of theirs before 45 mins of wobblers. I don’t think there’s a record of the set online unfortunately. 

• Like 1