BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Had a look on here to see what's been going on transfer wise, haven't got the the foggiest... Main conclusion I have is we need to resurrect the transfer links thread to actually see what we have been linked to?

Any chance mods?

Main links in the last few days are that we have offered former Luton midfielder Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu a deal according to the LT but he seems to be going to Boro most likely, we have along with half the league been linked with Tommy Doyle on loan, a kid from City with only one senior league appearance, and yesterday Watford were linked by Nixon of wanting Armstrong and offering Andre Gray in return, which seems unlikely due to wage demands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think someone up the thread had it right...a loan should be the cherry on the cake, the stardust to get us over the line so to speak....berkovic was a good example.

Elliot should be the icing on the cake, not run to death up and down to cover for crap players..our centre halves should be our own.  

Loanings should be strategic, ours are sticking plasters

Our loan business last season looked like exactly that on paper...i.e. the icing on the cake. 

Unfortunately, in hindsight, it turned out like the ex's Slimming World Tiramisu (looked great, tasted like shite...) Mowray obviously being culpable for the outcome on this occasion, not the ex. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Because he's a good talent? What about our academy with copious amounts of good talent.

I have posting several times that I want to see Rovers continue to bring through our young players like Dan Pike, Isaac Whitehall, Connor McBride plus using Joe Rankin-Costello, Daniel Butterworth, John Buckley, Hayden Carter, Tyrhys Dolan are part of our first team squad this season and not bring in players that will block their pathway or of the 3 potential under 23's players who will come through this season hopefully. How much more do you want?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Wonder where this leaves any deal for Ruddock Mpanzu.

Would you be happy with that signing? 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I very doubt Dyche would touch us with a sh1tty stick but IF he could be lured here, are you seriously saying you would be against the appointment because he had managed Burnley?

As for Alex Neil, don't rule that out.  I am told there is even more credibility in that possibility!

Dyche isn't coming here. simple as. keep dreaming

You have been posting this Alex Neil for best part of 6 months and so far it hasn't happened and very unlikely to happen any time soon. You got it wrong

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have posting several times that I want to see Rovers continue to bring through our young players like Dan Pike, Isaac Whitehall, Connor McBride plus using Joe Rankin-Costello, Daniel Butterworth, John Buckley, Hayden Carter, Tyrhys Dolan are part of our first team squad this season and not bring in players that will block their pathway or of the 3 potential under 23's players who will come through this season hopefully. How much more do you want?

Would you be happy with that signing? 

Dyche isn't coming here. simple as. keep dreaming

You have been posting this Alex Neil for best part of 6 months and so far it hasn't happened and very unlikely to happen any time soon. You got it wrong

Can't say that I have seen enough of Ruddock Mpanzu to hold a strong opinion either way, but seems like Boro are the front runners anyway.

I suspect that the question was more around your bizarre insistence that no matter how good, that you would never consider a manager with links to Burnley, yet with players you don't seem to be as bothered.

Correct on Neil, Mercer again making up nonsense.

• Like 1

Elliott scored seven goals last season so unless he scored seven times in one goal victories I'm not sure how you can make out a case we would have been relegated without him.

Meanwhile, in terms of our long term development the previously impressive Dolan was denied game time.

Comparisons of our loan business inwith Berkovic are also well wide of the mark imo. He was a seasoned professional and a top top player not the young lads we're getting now who their parent Clubs want to farm out for experience. 

It's been said on here and I've also said it many times before, loan business should be the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. We haven't even got a cake (or a decent baker) but seem to be making loan business the cornerstone of our transfer activity recently.

We need to build a TEAM over two or three seasons not a random collection of  individuals chucked together from scratch every 12 months because they're available.

• Like 7

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Elliott scored seven goals last season so unless he scored seven times in one goal victories I'm not sure how you can make out a case we would have been relegated without him.

Meanwhile, in terms of our long term development the previously impressive Dolan was denied game time.

Comparisons of our loan business inwith Berkovic are also well wide of the mark imo. He was a seasoned professional and a top top player not the young lads we're getting now who their parent Clubs want to farm out for experience. 

It's been said on here and I've also said it many times before, loan business should be the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. We haven't even got a cake (or a decent baker) but seem to be making loan business the cornerstone of our transfer activity recently.

We need to build a TEAM over two or three seasons not a random collection of  individuals chucked together from scratch every 12 months because they're available.

Elliott is quite clearly better than Dolan so as an individual choice, I would always side with the better player. Dolan got plenty of game time in his first season in professional football. Plenty of problems last season, none of which included signing Elliott who set up and scored plenty of goals and we will be worse off without.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Can't say that I have seen enough of Ruddock Mpanzu to hold a strong opinion either way, but seems like Boro are the front runners anyway.

fair enough. Not someone I know anything about so I can't comment. 

Looks like Boro are signing Paterson(on trial with them) and Crooks from Rotherham so do they need Penny Ruddock Mpenzu? 

But we need defensive midfielder in

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough. Not someone I know anything about so I can't comment. 

Looks like Boro are signing Paterson(on trial with them) and Crooks from Rotherham so do they need Penny Ruddock Mpenzu? 

But we need defensive midfielder in

Crooks seems to be more of a goalscoring midfielder and I think that Warnock has said that he wants a lot of signings having learnt his lesson from his squad becoming too stretched for his liking last season. Boro are also signing an Argentinian midfielder who is going to the Olympics first but have lost Savile to MIllwall so maybe they will sign Mpanzu aswell. Oh for a manager who appreciates the need for a good squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We have Travis, Davenport and Johnson already.

I'd say we were far more in need of a more creative type. A more consistent version of Holtby as it were.

I would like to see Travis become more of box to box midfielder. With Rothwell and Buckley as the creative midfielders. 

I would like to see another Reed next to Travis with Buckley playing in the 10 role in 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Who that type of player is I dont know. anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1

He did once say he preferred a smaller squad as there was less people to leave out. Less hassle, less disappointment etc.

He's all for the easy ride and being nice to everyone first and foremost. Points and targets - if there are any - come second.

A smaller squad as long as it was strong and stayed fit would probably suit him better. Less chance to piss about with it all the time and more chance of gelling properly.

I won't hold my breath though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to see another Reed next to Travis

Wouldn't we all? (Apart from Mowbray that is.)

And don't forget said Reed clone wouldn't have Corry or Richie to learn his trade from this time round.

We'll more likely end up with another useless crablike Trybull/Evans/Lowe type. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have a large squad last season and we had a load of centre midfielders and look at how that work out. Mowbray needs a smaller squad

Its about quality over quantity, we are lacking both at the moment, especially with the risk of unavailability due to covid.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Davenport....

Still no evidence that he is up to it as of yet. Hopefully he can break through this season but a big if at the moment.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its about quality over quantity, we are lacking both at the moment, especially with the risk of unavailability due to covid.

Look at the squad Mowbray had last season. He was backed again and he failed to do it. This was last season squad

Keepers- Kaminski, Pears, Stergaikis 

defenders - Nyambe, JRC, Lenihan, Ayala, Williams, Wharton, Branthwaite, Harwood-Bellis, Douglas, Bell

midfielders - Travis, Davenport, Johnson, Buckley, Rothwell, Trybull, Downing, Evans, Holtby, Bennett, Dolan, Elliott, Chapman, Brennan, 

Attackers - Armstrong, Gallagher, Brereton, Dack, 

That's 31 players. Have I missed anyone

This season, the squad need 5 or 6 signings then anything else he using the under 23's squad. Smaller squad is needed. 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think when he played he was really good, did the Johnson role better than Johnson as he was a lot more mobile. 

Davenport looked busy at times and a little hectic and ill disciplined at others during his fleeting appearances, his Rovers career has never got going mainly due to injuries. I don't think that we can hang our hat on him but hopefully he can have a bit more influence all the same.

Johnson has had some really good games for us, far better than Davenport has had but they are few and far between and he should have been let go at the end of the season. We need at least 2 new midfielders.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Didn't people originally say it wasn't a Mowbray signing? Same as Brereton?

I don't see who else would have signed them, Mowbray said that he chose Brereton off the back of a game we played against Forest in our relegation season. I think it was at the time arse covering for those trying to defend the signing.