BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Who? They better have played 40 games like our loanees or its not the same is it?

After a quick look....Winston Reid and an 18 year old...neither played. You should check your facts....🙄

Good try though 

You should check your facts. They both played, not least Reid coming on as a sub to shore up the defence in the play off final.

Not a good try by you. I suggest you retire to save yourself further embarrassment.

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You should check your facts. They both played, not least Reid coming on as a sub to shore up the defence in the play off final.

Not a good try by you. I suggest you retire to save yourself further embarrassment.

The utd lad never played.  You're being pedantic. 🙄

On the whole promoted teams do not rely on loan signings...there will be the odd exception.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Come on Chaddy, if you are going to respond to my posts then please at least do so in the right context.

You posted as above "Would you want an ex dingle in charge here?"

I responded "What Rovers' fan in their right mind WOULD NOT WANT Sean Dyche!?!?"

I very doubt Dyche would touch us with a sh1tty stick but IF he could be lured here, are you seriously saying you would be against the appointment because he had managed Burnley?

As for Alex Neil, don't rule that out.  I am told there is even more credibility in that possibility!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche isn't coming here. simple as. keep dreaming

You have been posting this Alex Neil for best part of 6 months and so far it hasn't happened and very unlikely to happen any time soon. You got it wrong

FFS - do you not read properly or do you simply not answer uncomfortable questions for you!?

I will ask you again, this time please answer either YES or NO

IF Sean Dyche was prepared to come and manage Rovers, would you support the appointment YES or NO?

• Like 5

Not sure if this has been commented upon already, but Ryan Gauld isn't coming to Ewood, or Britain for that matter.

Accepting a deal from Vancouver which depending on who you listen to is between £20,000-£40,000. Never going to happen at that cost.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7415133/ryan-gauld-mls-deal-vancouver-whitecaps/ 

Loans are absolutely crucial to a club our size IF we were to mount a promotion challenge. The likes of Ben White and Pereira 2 obvious recent examples of key players who helped their adopted clubs to promotion. If we're to piss about around mid/lower half of the table again though not sure what the point is, unless we're that bad we need bodies to keep us in the damn league.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Loans are absolutely crucial to a club our size IF we were to mount a promotion challenge. The likes of Ben White and Pereira 2 obvious recent examples of key players who helped their adopted clubs to promotion. 

Neither would have gone to a club who weren't knocking on the door already.   It's the little added quality to the existing strong championship squad.  Ours is piss poor and full of weak kids who are lucky sods to find themselves here at this time in the clubs history 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

FFS - do you not read properly or do you simply not answer uncomfortable questions for you!?

I will ask you again, this time please answer either YES or NO

IF Sean Dyche was prepared to come and manage Rovers, would you support the appointment YES or NO?

How it is uncomfortable question? 

Its very unrealistic and not going to happened in million years Mercer so lets get back to the real world and be realistic please. 

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Neither would have gone to a club who weren't knocking on the door already.   It's the little added quality to the existing strong championship squad.  Ours is piss poor and full of weak kids who are lucky sods to find themselves here at this time in the clubs history 

What are you even talking about? Do you just pluck this stuff out your backside? Ben White had a stint at posh on loan, hadn't even represented England at any youth level yet would only go to someone 'knocking on the door'?

Pereira spent most of his career in Sportings reserves and pretty sure he got relegated in Germany prior to his baggies move on loan. 

In short, you're wrong again.

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What are you even talking about? Do you just pluck this stuff out your backside? Ben White had a stint at posh on loan, hadn't even represented England at any youth level yet would only go to someone 'knocking on the door'?

Pereira spent most of his career in Sportings reserves and pretty sure he got relegated in Germany prior to his baggies move on loan. 

In short, you're wrong again.

Think you've missed the point, so best if you wind your neck in

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said we should be targeting the top 6 which is slight different to we should be top 6. 

Most Championship teams we have the same targets

But we aren't most Championship teams we are a dysfunctional mess. You talk of realism and realistically you must know that there is no chance of us making the top 6. The best we can hope for this season season is to avoid getting sucked into a relegation battle.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I agree we should be targeting promotion. If you are in this league but don't target success then you are in the wrong job.

You can guarantee the likes of Warnock, McCarthy, Pearson, O'Neill, Hughton will be planning for their sides to be challenging and even the likes of the vile Jones at Luton will be gearing his side up for a push.

Sadly at our Club all I see are losers from top to bottom. Owners who don't give a toss and let the manager set his own targets and then miss them without consequence. CEO more used to corner shop operations than aspiring PL Clubs and more interested in telling us why we can't do things and covering his mates backside.

Manager who has repeatedly put the club down with negativity and defeatism and excuse making, who to all observers had thrown in the towel by March and was practically begging for the sack still here stinking out the place ready for the next phase of whatever plan these cretins have.

Yep. Losers from top to bottom. This club sorely needs a change in mentality and mindset. Away with the downgrading, downsizing, dumbing down and in with the winning mentality that just because some clubs have more money or fans means naff all if we do our side of things properly.

No more 'can't do' and much more 'can do'. This is going to require significant change in personnel because those there at the moment clearly haven't the interest, wherewithal or capability to do this, just keep the status quo going and justify it through minute savings and incremental 'improvement' e.g. putting pounds on an individual valuation.

Great stuff JH.

Someone like Mark Hughes would at least sweep away this "How can we possibly hope to compete" mentality and raise expectation levels within the Club although I would say he himself has a bit to do to prove his own best days managerially aren't behind him.

• Like 2

mowbray does`nt want to compete for the top six,look at the state of his training regime and the disgraceful quotes to the local press,he`s got absolutely no intention of doing anything but picking his wages up,he`s surrounded himself with similar people as well,i suspect the reason damien johnson has never joined his backroom staff is because he`s ambitious and got some new ideas,instead he gives him some job with a fancy title that sidelines him

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I agree we should be targeting promotion. If you are in this league but don't target success then you are in the wrong job.

You can guarantee the likes of Warnock, McCarthy, Pearson, O'Neill, Hughton will be planning for their sides to be challenging and even the likes of the vile Jones at Luton will be gearing his side up for a push.

Sadly at our Club all I see are losers from top to bottom. Owners who don't give a toss and let the manager set his own targets and then miss them without consequence. CEO more used to corner shop operations than aspiring PL Clubs and more interested in telling us why we can't do things and covering his mates backside.

Manager who has repeatedly put the club down with negativity and defeatism and excuse making, who to all observers had thrown in the towel by March and was practically begging for the sack still here stinking out the place ready for the next phase of whatever plan these cretins have.

Yep. Losers from top to bottom. This club sorely needs a change in mentality and mindset. Away with the downgrading, downsizing, dumbing down and in with the winning mentality that just because some clubs have more money or fans means naff all if we do our side of things properly.

No more 'can't do' and much more 'can do'. This is going to require significant change in personnel because those there at the moment clearly haven't the interest, wherewithal or capability to do this, just keep the status quo going and justify it through minute savings and incremental 'improvement' e.g. putting pounds on an individual valuation.

Yup, that's the way I feel, as well as feeling guilty for the negative thoughts, fuck the Vs and the Coventrio 😪

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

But we aren't most Championship teams we are a dysfunctional mess. You talk of realism and realistically you must know that there is no chance of us making the top 6. The best we can hope for this season season is to avoid getting sucked into a relegation battle.

I don't agree that we are a dysfunctional mess and no more what then someone like Watford

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't agree that we are a dysfunctional mess and no more what then someone like Watford

er,watford are in the premier league and got there by having a semblence of a plan to go forwards,both on the field and behind the scenes,stop coming out with ridicoulous quotes like the above🥭

• Like 5