BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

The season ahead already has a worrying tone to it. What are people thinking?? 10 signings needed?? 

Im not sure we have the man to achieve this! 

We can sign around 5 players due to squad rules of players in your squad over age 21

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We can sign around 5 players due to squad rules of players in your squad over age 21

We can sign as many players as we like.

It is the managers job to decide which of those go towards our 25 man limit. Some will go the other way out of the club and others will have to make do with being in the u23s.

We've enough problems to deal with before telling ourselves we are only allowed x numbers of signings.

• Like 1

Gray is a fantastic player and would undoubtedly improve Our first 11 but with his Burnley connection (I could forgive if he did the bisuness) homophobic tweets and all the Leon best vibes I’d rather we stayed away. It’s the first time i can remember saying a player who would walk into our team stay away but I just couldn’t cheer him or support him in anyway. He seem like an absolute prat and that’s being polite

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doyle has played 1 league game ever. Looking at our squad, I dont think that is what we need.

Two of our better performers last season in Harwood Bellis and Elliott had hardly a senior game between them either.

Granted it is not ideal and a bit of experience needs to be added but it needs to be the right quality too which is going to be difficult as it looks like we don't have a pot to piss in.Id rather see short term deals than giving out longer contracts to older players who are either coming to the end of their careers or injury prone... Ayala, Johnson etc 

The link is probably nonsense anyway

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doyle has played 1 league game ever. Looking at our squad, I dont think that is what we need.

That seems a very odd take. Talent over appearances surely?

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Two of our better performers last season in Harwood Bellis and Elliott had hardly a senior game between them either.

Granted it is not ideal and a bit of experience needs to be added but it needs to be the right quality too which is going to be difficult as it looks like we don't have a pot to piss in.Id rather see short term deals than giving out longer contracts to older players who are either coming to the end of their careers or injury prone... Ayala, Johnson etc 

The link is probably nonsense anyway

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

That seems a very odd take. Talent over appearances surely?

Totally agree if he turns out to be like Elliott or Harwood Bellis. My attitude to loanees is always if they are better than what we have, then go for it. We do need experience too but if he is good enough, great. Point being that we cant possibly know how good he is yet in the context of senior football. Playing kids football is not the same.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree if he turns out to be like Elliott or Harwood Bellis. My attitude to loanees is always if they are better than what we have, then go for it. We do need experience too but if he is good enough, great. Point being that we cant possibly know how good he is yet in the context of senior football. Playing kids football is not the same.

True but with what we likely have to spend we will be most likely be gambling anyway.I don't think we will be in the market for in demand players.Be either cast offs who failed at their current clubs or loans from premier league acadamies.

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is he going to propel us into the playoffs I doubt it. Use our own academy and stop developing other clubs youngsters.

I dont agree with that necessarily, of he is better than our players then by all means. Plus it is more likely to be about survival next season. But there is no evidence to know either way.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

True but with what we likely have to spend we will be most likely be gambling anyway.I don't think we will be in the market for in demand players.Be either cast offs who failed at their current clubs or loans from premier league acadamies.

Very true. Hope he is worth the risk if indeed the rumour is true but very difficult to be enthusiastic about a player who has played a solitary league game ever.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is he going to propel us into the playoffs I doubt it. Use our own academy and stop developing other clubs youngsters.

Nobody we sign is going to do that. I don’t think it’s an excuse to not bring in loan players. We need them to focus on staying up if Armstrong goes.