BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nothing confirmed they have offered McQueen?

I think it is complete bull considering their manager said it will be a struggle for him to play again.

Hopefully not, be an awful shame to see Mowbray being given any of the Armstrong money to make permanent signings.

The man should be gone and no way should he be getting more money to fritter away giving 2 or 3 year deals to players because they played well for him or against him a couple of times 

All well and good and, in an ideal world, it would happen. 

However, it's clear he's going nowhere at present and it's also clear our squad is light, so rather than indulging in perpetual self-flagellation, maybe have a think about who you'd like to see brought in given that this is the transfer thread. 

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we are signing McQueen, I don’t think even we’d be stupid enough to sign him as part of the Arma deal, if he’s not even under contract and training with them to pass the time.

never underestimate the stupidity or dishonesty of our management and chief exec,they are capable of amazing feats of brainless decisions😀

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or certain of your statements.

If the 11 that I responded to starts week in week out we will go down, I'm pretty certain we would go down. However I highly doubt that, that 11 will start week in week out and certainly not in the shape that was posted.

Edited by Ewood Ace

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I totally get and share your enthusiasm as to going to Rovers games after such a lengthy spell out, I cannot wait either. I fear that is almost certainly not going to be close to a full season of attending games but that is another matter and I cannot wait to return.

has to learn to live with the virus and live a normal life as possible. 

Can't closing people lives, businesses and way of life down

6 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Apparently Southampton have put a 2nd bid for armstrong. 

Cash plus Sam mcqueen.

McQueen isn't under contract there so how can they offer us him? 

The LT has reported this morning they was no second bid. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

has to learn to live with the virus and live a normal life as possible. 

Can't closing people lives, businesses and way of life down

McQueen isn't under contract there so how can they offer us him? 

The LT has reported this morning they was no second bid. 

The rules say that until August (I think) that everyone will need to isolate as they do at the moment regardless of any negative test, and that only will change if you have had both vaccines, I know that various players at the Euros had yet to be vaccinated due to the risk of side effects ahead of important games so I suspect that many Championship players wont have had both if any vaccine by then. One positive case within a squad will cause mass cases of isolation and cases per day are so high. That is before factoring in sadly inevitably lockdowns that I expect to be brought in even within 6 weeks according to Chris Whitty.

I would love to agree and really do hope that I am wrong but the government have dealt with the pandemic with such negligence that I cannot see any other outcome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The rules say that until August (I think) that everyone will need to isolate as they do at the moment regardless of any negative test, and that only will change if you have had both vaccines, I know that various players at the Euros had yet to be vaccinated due to the risk of side effects ahead of important games so I suspect that many Championship players wont have had both if any vaccine by then. One positive case within a squad will cause mass cases of isolation and cases per day are so high. That is before factoring in sadly inevitably lockdowns that I expect to be brought in even within 6 weeks according to Chris Whitty.

I would love to agree and really do hope that I am wrong but the government have dealt with the pandemic with such negligence that I cannot see any other outcome.

You don't know what Rovers players have been vaccinated so why guess? 

We have to live with the virus can't keep locking us up every day. 

Players tested positive just before the Euros and the squad didnt have to isolated. Did the entire Scotland squad isolate when Gilmour tested positive? No they did. My work place hasn't shut down this week cos I tested positive on Monday. Everyone at work has been tested and come back negative. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You don't know what Rovers players have been vaccinated so why guess? 

We have to live with the virus can't keep locking us up every day. 

Players tested positive just before the Euros and the squad didnt have to isolated. Did the entire Scotland squad isolate when Gilmour tested positive? No they did. My work place hasn't shut down this week cos I tested positive on Monday. Everyone at work has been tested and come back negative. 

We can have our own opinions but Whitty has said that restrictions could be re-imposed as early as in 5 weeks:

https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/chris-whitty-warns-lockdown-could-21066503

So we may not be able to attend from a couple of weeks into the season.

Regarding the players, even the ones that have been double vaccinated will have to isolate if they or a team mate deemed in close proximity to them gets a positive test, and positive tests are obviously so high at the moment.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So we may not be able to attend from a couple of weeks into the season.

Regarding the players, even the ones that have been double vaccinated will have to isolate if they or a team mate deemed in close proximity to them gets a positive test, and positive tests are obviously so high at the moment.

Why? You sitting outside and less likely to catch it. 

After 16th August, double vaccinated people won't have self isolate I believe so squads won't need to isolate if both jabs have happened

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

You’re struggling to understand how the influx of up to £20m effects our decision making around signings? Maybe the cheap, free agents you talk about aren’t first choice and the sale of AA would mean they could opt for their first choices across three or four positions?

I have a feeling they’ve been waiting for the new head of recruitment and the potential AA money to make their move. 

Think it's extremely optimistic to think we could make three or four quality signings out of any Armstrong money at the sort of levels being mentioned and that's even if all the net proceeds were reinvested.

I hope the owners hold firm and he goes nowhere unless the bidding gets somewhere near the £20m they want.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Be very surprised if Rovers go anywhere near Sam McQueen from what I've read, the lads had some bad luck with injury. No football in over two years, then on loan to Middlesbrough in 2018-19 for 5 games. 

Armstrong's transfer will be crucial in sorting out any new blood in our club but my confidence in the current management structure is that low I'm struggling to see this being sorted out in time for an abled squad to hit the road running.  

Why would you be surprised?

• Like 3

'Yeah but when Rhodes goes we'll be able to sign 3 or 4 with the fee and his wages'

I seem to remember this kind of fantasy talk back then. Funnily enough we were in the death throws of an FFP cycle then as well. Or so we were told.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Take £18 million for AA, nothing less, give NCFC their 40%, move on, have we no hard nosed bastards doing deals at our club? Ffs.

That's exactly the way it should be done but i reckon the thing here is both ends are keen to do some kind of deal. 

Not the owners but those attempting to run the show.

• Like 1

Comes to something when we’re a feeder club for a fourth division outfit like Watford. Well run club these days but for older fans that’s where Watford belong. The best deal would they can have Armstrong in exchange for their board of directors 

• Like 4

I think my other issue is in all this I'd feel a lot better about the situation if TM wasn't in charge. A good manager could make the likes of Rothwell and Gally into useful tools and assets, lowering our recruitment needs significantly. Under TM unless they are really good it often doesn't turn out so well. 

• Like 4