BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There better be no FA shenangians to help Bournemouth out. Their squad size is advantage enough. Lucky they got knocked out of the cup by that non-league team, the useless f**ks.... 

The race for 2nd is far from over 

Might be a lack of imagination on my part, but I genuinely don't know what they could do, realistically. The last day of the season can't be moved because of the play offs, so they need to play all of their games before then, same as everyone else. They already have more than one game a week (international break aside) until the week before they play us at the end of April - and you'd imagine the Swansea game will probably be rearranged for then. 

Definitely agree that they're catchable. Their last minute win against Blackpool can't mask their very ordinary form over a long stretch, much longer than our recent spell. They've also got a run in March/April which looks similarly horrendous to the one we're hopefully going to come out of after the Fulham game. Not saying we'll do it, or even that we'll necessarily get that close in the end, but they're vulnerable to a team who can put good form together, and our last quarter of a season is much, much kinder than theirs. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There better be no FA shenangians to help Bournemouth out. Their squad size is advantage enough. Lucky they got knocked out of the cup by that non-league team, the useless f**ks.... 

The race for 2nd is far from over 

It is for us.

• Like 1

In my younger days, I'd have been considering heading to Deepdale this evening. Helping to cheer PNE to victory. Though a draw would also be ok. 

We could be 5th tomorrow, if we don't win, which will feel very different than our slightly insulated 3rd place. 

On form, we will struggle to score another goal or win another game. That's why TM needs to show he is a good manager, and turn this poor run around.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ll have a tenner with you that we don’t make the top two. Charity of your choice.

Who is then?

Nobody has made that second spot their own yet and we are 3rd on merit nobody even with games in hand can overtake us in 3rd spot.

Yeah we are out of form and have dropped the standards a little but if we get through the next 3 games picking up some points then I'd rather have our remaining fixtures than the other teams.Only Bournemouth home and Stoke(being generous) home out of the teams you would feel will be in and around the top 6.

Up until Swansea no team in the division had a better record against bottom half teams than ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Cov come from absolutely nowhere again to being just 4 points behind us if they hold on at Bristol City tonight. We really need a win very soon…the word congested doesn’t do it justice to what’s just behind us!

Those teams still have to play eachother though.Compare our fixtures to the others...take Sheffield United and QPR they still have to play against eachother twice.

QPR ain't playing great(agreed we ain't either) but with home advantage I expect us to pick up a win at home on Saturday.If we beat QPR I do not see them finishing ahead of us with what they have left to play compared to ourselves.

• Backroom

Could be a massive game tomorrow, as it stands a loss could see us just 2 points within the playoff places, we need to start picking wins up again or even top 6 could drift 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who is then?

Nobody has made that second spot their own yet and we are 3rd on merit nobody even with games in hand can overtake us in 3rd spot.

Yeah we are out of form and have dropped the standards a little but if we get through the next 3 games picking up some points then I'd rather have our remaining fixtures than the other teams.Only Bournemouth home and Stoke(being generous) home out of the teams you would feel will be in and around the top 6.

Up until Swansea no team in the division had a better record against bottom half teams than ourselves.

You can have the same bet if you like.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who is then?

Nobody has made that second spot their own yet

Bournemouth 4 points ahead of us in 3rd with 2 games in hand...... that could be 10 points ahead of us

I'd say they're looking pretty good in 2nd place

The problem is we can't score for love nor money against any team at the moment....  

Edited by jim mk2

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can have the same bet if you like.

Well no I don't think we certainly will get 2nd place.We are 4 points behind to a team who has played 2 less games than us.

But if it isn't to be Bournemouth (who have been scabbing wins and have a really hard run in) then no other team is really standing out Boro been on a good run but lost at Bristol the weekend.Losing Brererton a massive loss but our frequently fixtures are kind following Fulham.

I would place that bet no question on us finishing in the top 6 though

Edited by islander200

We need to sort ourselves out and pronto. Yes every side has blips but ours is now at 6-7 games. Can't last much longer or it becomes a rut which ruins a season. 

If we put it behind us and get back to top half/top 6 or top 2 level form then we will be in the mix. 

We played Hull at the worst time imaginable. A couple of weeks earlier and they were shot at, and a few weeks after they are shot at. We just hit them as the takeover went through and McCann was on his way out.

Can't worry about what others are doing because unless we get back to winning we are going to slip out of it. We've got away with it thus far due to having credit in the bank.

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bournemouth 4 points ahead of us in 3rd with 2 games in hand...... that could be 10 points ahead of us

I'd say they're looking pretty good in 2nd place

The problem is we can't score for love nor money against any team at the moment....  

Bournemouth have been scabbing wins and have very tough run in when you compare it with ours.I don't think Its a gimme they will get second.

Granted we have to start showing form and we have to start putting the chances we do create away but still with a defence that doesn't concede a lot of goals you have a chance to pick up points.

Better than previous seasons when it was needing us to score twice to pick up a point in a lot of matches