BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

From the official site:

”Rovers trip to Preston North end has got a new date and kick off time after being selected for live TV broadcast”

If you take it literally, that implies is has been moved only because Sky selected it.

• Like 4

Looks like Preston are set to be take over by Chris Kirchner. He was interested in buying Derby earlier in the season. Also look like he will bring in former Man City CEO Garry Cook to run the club. 

Chris Kirchner reportedly 'close' to £40million Preston takeover (deepdaledigest.com)

Chris Kirchner outlines ownership plans and management style as talks to buy Preston North End continue | Lancashire Evening Post (lep.co.uk)

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Looking for teams to do us a favour next weekend:

Hull v Hudds (fri), Blackpool v Forest, Luton v Millwall, Peterborough v Middlesbrough, QPR v Fulham & Stoke v Sheff Utd.

Also massive game at Coventry on Saturday.. 

As long as we do ourselves a favour next week-end, I am not bothered about other results.

You always say variations of this rigger, I’ve noticed, but you have to be ‘bothered about other results’, as we obviously won’t win every game (and neither will anybody else) so clubs will always need favours from elsewhere.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You always say variations of this rigger, I’ve noticed, but you have to be ‘bothered about other results’, as we obviously won’t win every game (and neither will anybody else) so clubs will always need favours from elsewhere.

I keep saying variations of this, because it is what I believe. Obviously, I will be interested in the other results as it may make our task easier. But if we win, I could go without knowing how the other results pan out. Win the next game and move on.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I keep saying variations of this, because it is what I believe. Obviously, I will be interested in the other results as it may make our task easier. But if we win, I could go without knowing how the other results pan out. Win the next game and move on.

I've one eye on the table. Even goal difference as we edge into the final games could decide a playoff place. 

If we win & yes that's a priority but if teams like Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, Forest & Sheff Utd don't pick up maximum points then that's not just a moral boost. There isn't that many games left.   

So Van Hecke, Khadra and Lenihan all crocked in this international break, is it any wonder I frigging hate them.

Not excuse making but surely we've had the worst luck with injuries in the bloody league this season, not to mention having to get to this stage without probably our best player till his recent sub appearances. On that note, surely he's OK to start on Saturday after he had another 90 minutes for the u23s?

Edited by Ossydave

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

So Van Hecke, Khadra and Lenihan all crocked in this international break, is it any wonder I frigging hate them.

Not excuse making but surely we've had the worst luck with injuries in the bloody league this season, not to mention having to get to this stage without probably our best player till his recent sub appearances. On that note, surely he's OK to start on Saturday after he had another 90 minutes for the u23s?

If Dack does start, I hope I am wrong, but I think you will be disappointed.

On 27/03/2022 at 14:03, Mattyblue said:

I agree that teams need favors from other teams somewhere or another. Those favors are useless if you don't do yourself a favor and capitalize on them. Rovers have been failing to pick up wins when favors have been handed to us. So all in all my take is, teams do half of the favor. The other half of it from yourself.

• Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/championship-transfers-preston-blackburn-blackpool-23559110

We spent £1m on agents and intermediaries between February 21 and January 22. I suspect a big chunk of this was bringing in loan players. Staggeringly Derby spent £750k - how on earth is that allowed to happen?

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hudds beat Hull tonight 1-0, meaning they’re now 5 points ahead of us - albeit we have tomorrow’s game in hand. 

So if we win tomorrow we have lost nothing on them. We have to look after ourselves.

1 minute ago, Nuttall is lost said:

With the two best defenders out, no fit strikers and the ones that are couldn't score in a brothel.  What could possibly go wrong tomorrow?

Let's wait and see what happens. Do you already know what the team will be, and if so how they will perform. I do not like how the team is usually set up, but I wont run them down before the game has even kicked off.

Huddersfield and Forest both winning before we kick a ball - must win game today for me otherwise we’ll be too far out of reach with all the games in hand others have. 
What an opportunity we’ve thrown away. 

Can’t see us going 3-0 up in the 1st half away from home today (or in the next 100 games)

• Backroom

Forest 3-0 up at Blackpool - I can see them getting something out of that game…..

So we’ll be out of the playoffs before kick off but need to make sure we do our bit 

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

Huddersfield and Forest both winning before we kick a ball - must win game today for me otherwise we’ll be too far out of reach with all the games in hand others have. 
What an opportunity we’ve thrown away. 

Can’t see us going 3-0 up in the 1st half away from home today (or in the next 100 games)

I feel like Rocky when Micky tells him his career is over due to a dodgy eye in Rocky II

''Its over Rock! Its over!''

• Like 2

Yeah unfortunately the game’s already up for us. Mowbray will conjure up a formation never seen by the human eye before and we’ll get beat by 2/3 today. Forest, Boro Huddersfield and Sheff Utd all too good for us now.